01-02-10, 04:59 PM   #1
Belillie
A Murloc Raider
Need roll not working?

Hello,

A few minutes ago i was doing a dungeon and an item i need dropped. I wanted to click need button but it didnt work. When i wanted to click greed instead i saw that the greed button highlighted when i got my mouse on the button. I tried that on the need button but it didnt highlight.

So my guess its disabled or something. I never seen this before not before i used nUI and not during the use of nUI, till now that is.

Can you help me with this? Is this a know error, cus i havent found something on this forum about this.

thanks in advance,

Belillie

01-02-10, 05:19 PM   #2
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
was it an item your toon could actually use? can you give more specifics

Marth

01-02-10, 05:37 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I have heard of this happening before -- though it is not related specifically to nUI. This usually happens if the dead mob is "behind" the button. Try rotating the camera until the mob is not behind the button and it should work.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-02-10, 05:53 PM   #4
Wasgij
A Cliff Giant

Blizz has also made it were if you were say a Druid and a Cloth Item drops even though it might be an upgrade you can only roll need on items of you class.... There are many Post on Blizz about this ..

01-02-10, 05:54 PM   #5
starblazer1
A Kobold Labourer
hehe

youre a kobold labourer

01-02-10, 05:57 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I talked to a GM about something similar to this. I had a caster trinket drop for my Warlock and it wouldn't let me roll need using the default UI (button disabled, API call to GetLootRollItemInfo() returned nil for the canNeed return). There are some items they screwed up in the item database, it'll take a patch to fix.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 01-02-10 at 06:00 PM.

01-02-10, 06:09 PM   #7
Belillie
A Murloc Raider
Oh oke, so i guess wow is just scr*w*d till they fixed this?

sorry my bad language

01-08-10, 10:56 AM   #8
Belillie
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I have heard of this happening before -- though it is not related specifically to nUI. This usually happens if the dead mob is "behind" the button. Try rotating the camera until the mob is not behind the button and it should work.
i've tried to rorate the camera but i cant click the need button at all. alls the other buttons highlight when i go with the mouse over it, only the need button doesnt.

i must say this does not happen all the time, but it does very often. and especially on items i seem to need. Its very frustating!!

altough it helps ifyou mouse over the item. What spiel2001 said is true, but only if you want to see what item it is (mouse over it).

hope someone can help me

belillie

01-09-10, 03:38 AM   #9
Seer
A Molten Giant
Most likely what Wasgij said. You can't need on specific items (leather user can't roll on cloth, dps can't roll on tanking trinket) when you are using the random dungeon tool.

That said, some items are wrongly classed, something Blizz is working on. Best is to make a ticket so they can filter out easier what the wrong classed items are.

01-09-10, 05:07 AM   #10
Belillie
A Murloc Raider
ah oke, is there any news when is this gonna be fixed then?
this is really wrong and should be fixed asap, cus now u cant get items i should get.

01-09-10, 06:50 AM   #11
Seer
A Molten Giant
Don't think there will ever be a "we have fixed this" message or ETA for this.

But if you really want to know it's better to post on the blizzard forums.

01-09-10, 04:29 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

According to the patch notes, with the new Need Before Greed random dungeon system, if your class cannot put it on, they should not be able to roll need for it (if it's only a matter of level, you can roll need). Obviously some items are tagged wrong because I keep seeing classes win items that they cannot wear. Twice a warrior rolled need on spell power items and won them over my warlock.

I've already dealt with this issue directly with a Blizz GM (when a hunter rolled need on a plate item and got it over my paladin). The best way to handle this is to submit an ingame bug report with the time it happened, if you were in a random dungeon (this is *very* important), the dungeon name, and the name of the item.

They say they cannot get the item back for you, but reporting this bug when it happens will help them re-tag items that have the wrong tags on them.

01-12-10, 12:46 AM   #13
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yep, pretty sure it's a bug with the need before greed system. Happened to my druid while healing Underbog today. No clothies in the group, a decent gemmable piece of healing cloth dropped, couldn't roll need, had to greed and lost the roll. Put it in Blizzard's bug report forum as I'm sure they'd like to refine the rules for situations like this.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Need roll not working?