01-04-11, 06:44 AM   #1
drakull
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help with toggle showing LFD Role icons

I managed to show/hide LFD icons using OnEnter and OnLeave scripts but i'm getting artifacts in place of the role icon if no role has been defined to that unit.

What I need is a way to determine if the unit has been asigned a role in order to show (or not) the icon, but I don't think OnEnter passes anything else but the frame so I can't use UnitGroupRolesAssigned().
01-04-11, 10:20 AM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
You could just use :SetAlpha() instead. Unless you are planning on doing more magic as well, but based on your description it sounds like the most pleasant solution.
01-04-11, 10:40 AM   #3
drakull
A Cyclonian

Of course! The show/hide is correctly handled already, I just need to use SetAlpha, just like I did with XP and Rep bars (which, by the way, still driving me mad because of that haunted tags).

ON TOPIC:
How can I check if a key is being pressed? I want to know if it's possible to only show role icons when I mouseover my raid units while holding down the CTRL key.
01-04-11, 10:53 AM   #4
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by drakull View Post
How can I check if a key is being pressed? I want to know if it's possible to only show role icons when I mouseover my raid units while holding down the CTRL key.
http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/IsControlKeyDown
01-04-11, 03:59 PM   #5
drakull
A Cyclonian

How easy is that?

Thanks!
01-09-11, 03:13 PM   #6
barbol12
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by drakull View Post
I managed to show/hide LFD icons using OnEnter and OnLeave scripts but i'm getting artifacts in place of the role icon if no role has been defined to that unit.

What I need is a way to determine if the unit has been asigned a role in order to show (or not) the icon, but I don't think OnEnter passes anything else but the frame so I can't use UnitGroupRolesAssigned().
you could try something like this...

lua Code:
  1. local createLFDRole = function(self)
  2.     self.LFDRole = self.Health:CreateTexture(nil, "OVERLAY")
  3.     self.LFDRole:SetTexture("Interface\LFGFrame\UI-LFG-ICON-PORTRAITROLES")
  4.     self.LFDRole:SetSize(12, 12)
  5. end

and then, wherever u are setting the role icons, for ur party/raid.... put something like this..

lua Code:
  1. createLFDRole(self)
  2.        self.LFDRole:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", self.Health,'TOPRIGHT', 0, 0)

this is my coding i use for my oUF for showing role icons on the party members... basically putting the top part, somewhere at beginning, with ur tags or whatever... then putting the second part within the party frame coding, itself.

hope this helps.....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Help with toggle showing LFD Role icons