08-23-06, 07:29 AM   #21
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FuBar 2.0 is still using ACE, it just use ACE2.

With ACE2, you do not need to have an additional addon, all the ACE parts that are used by the ACE2 are included in the addon directory (normally in a lib or libs subdirectory). So FuBar 2.0 use ACE but you don't need to have an Ace addon for it to work. Same thing for the FuBar 2.0 plugins i.e. the FuBar plugins that have been converted to ACE2.

The FuBar 1.2 plugins still need Ace as a separate addon. In order for the FuBar 1.2 addons to work, you also need the FuBar-compat-1.2 addon (it emulate the functions interface that was present in FuBar 1.2 so that old FuBar plugins still work with FuBar 2.0). There is no backward support for FuBar 1.0 but I don't think it's an issue since I'm yet to see an FuBar addon that has not been upgrade to at least FuBar 1.2.

Sumary: FuBar 2.0 and the FuBar 2.0 plugins do not need a separate Ace package. FuBar 1.2 plugins need the Ace 1.3.1 and the Fubar-compat-1.2 addons to work.

Hope that helps.
08-23-06, 04:14 PM   #22
Lichbane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks LaoTseu. Very clear.

In other words, eventually when all plug-ins become Fubar 2.0 compliant we can ditch ACE1.3. Cool.
08-23-06, 10:28 PM   #23
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/Ace2
http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/AceConsole-2.0
http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/AceDB-2.0
http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/AceHook-2.0
http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/AceEvent-2.0
http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/FuBarPlugin-2.0

Addon authors, read these. They are all well documented (by me) and have examples. You'll find a nice "template" in the FuBarPlugin-2.0 example.
08-24-06, 05:33 AM   #24
MortenCB
A Kobold Labourer
FuBar Profiles

I used a lot of time yesterday to move around all my fubar addons to be where I wanted them, logged out, and today they are all back to scratch.

Any idea how I can get the fubar to remember where I want the different addons to be positioned? Can't use the first 5 mintues after login to move it around, gets tiresome
08-24-06, 07:58 AM   #25
Krez
A Murloc Raider
Okay, I am a fubar noob.

I noticed an error that I get after I load.

Interface\FrameXML\MoneyFrame.lua:185
attempt to perform arithmetric on local
`money' (a nil value)

If I disable FuBar-compat-1.2 I do not get that error.
08-24-06, 09:50 AM   #26
Krez
A Murloc Raider
NVM...i fixed it...maybe I should read instructions...
08-24-06, 11:59 AM   #27
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by MortenCB
I used a lot of time yesterday to move around all my fubar addons to be where I wanted them, logged out, and today they are all back to scratch.

Any idea how I can get the fubar to remember where I want the different addons to be positioned? Can't use the first 5 mintues after login to move it around, gets tiresome
This is a known problem tha ckknight has been working hard to fix. I believe he manage it has I haven't had any problem since I downloaded the latest FuBar, FuBar-2.0 plugin and FuBar Compat-1.2 off SVN.

My guess is that if the problem is really fix, a new release will be done shortly but that's only a guess. If you want the fix right away, go get it from SVN.
08-25-06, 08:46 PM   #28
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

was told that this was a fubar 2.0 issue. I installed Fubar 2.0 and the compatibility Fubar 1.2 folder. I installed FuXP/PerformanceFu/NinjitsuFu/HonorFu/ExperienceFu/BagFu and ClockFu/AtlasFu/LocationFu/tgcTradeskills/PoisonFu/QuestFu. The first group fail to load. The second group load and appear to run just fine. The following is the error Code that I get.

Code:
Count: 1
Error: Interface\AddOns\MetaMap\MetaMap.lua:3230: attempt to index global `TabletLib' (a nil value)
--------------------------------------------------
Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar_BagFu\BagFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `CompostLib' (a nil value)
Error: Interface\AddOns\Fubar_EmoteFu\EmoteFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `DewdropLib' (a nil value)
Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar_NinjutFu\NinjutFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `DewdropLib' (a nil value)
Error: ...terface\AddOns\FuBar_ProfessionsFu\ProfessionsFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `DewdropLib' (a nil value)
Error: [string "ImprovedErrorFrameFrame:OnHide"]:2: attempt to call field `onHide' (a nil value)
I do have Metamap installed but that was something separate... Have no idea why it's having an error; probably completely unrelated. Also thank you for your time. I appreciate whatever attention you can give to this.
08-25-06, 09:04 PM   #29
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by techsgtchen
was told that this was a fubar 2.0 issue. I installed Fubar 2.0 and the compatibility Fubar 1.2 folder. I installed FuXP/PerformanceFu/NinjitsuFu/HonorFu/ExperienceFu/BagFu and ClockFu/AtlasFu/LocationFu/tgcTradeskills/PoisonFu/QuestFu. The first group fail to load. The second group load and appear to run just fine. The following is the error Code that I get.

Code:
Error: Interface\AddOns\MetaMap\MetaMap.lua:3230: attempt to index global `TabletLib' (a nil value)
Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar_BagFu\BagFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `CompostLib' (a nil value)
Error: Interface\AddOns\Fubar_EmoteFu\EmoteFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `DewdropLib' (a nil value)
Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar_NinjutFu\NinjutFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `DewdropLib' (a nil value)
Error: ...terface\AddOns\FuBar_ProfessionsFu\ProfessionsFu.lua:1: attempt to index global `DewdropLib' (a nil value)
Error: [string "ImprovedErrorFrameFrame:OnHide"]:2: attempt to call field `onHide' (a nil value)
I do have Metamap installed but that was something separate... Have no idea why it's having an error; probably completely unrelated. Also thank you for your time. I appreciate whatever attention you can give to this.
The error messages are telling you that you have missing libraries.

Somehow, the FuBar-compat-1.2 you installed is missing its sub-directories. In Interface\Addons\Fubar-compat-1.2, you should see 16 library directories. If you don't, re-download and re-install.
08-26-06, 01:35 PM   #30
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

Thank you for your reply. However that was not the problem. The problem was that it wasn't obvious to me initially that the fubar-compat-1.2 folder was supposed to be put in the addon's directory as a separate addon from the main FuBar 2.0 addon. I was puting the contents of the compat folder in the main fubar folder. Obviously the error was mine but I am replying with this information to hopefully help someone else if they make the same mistake.
08-28-06, 04:48 AM   #31
mindtrix
A Murloc Raider
I am currently having issues with Fubar 2.0. I use LoadIT to turn on and off various mods when I'm not raiding. Like CTRA and other memory heavy mods. However whenever the /reloadui command is given and my UI is finished reloading, I can't veiw any of my plugins in the bar. For some reason I can see the bars still. But none of the plugins appear.

When I go to right click the bar to activate the plugins they all appear unchecked. And I cannot turn them on via fubar. I found a way around this little bug by switching profiles and then going back to "Default" but this gets very annoying. Any idea whats up?

P.S. QuestFu will not show the complete, available, total text on the bar. Even if the text is checked off. Any reason for this? I tried deleting the .LUA file as well as deleting/reinstalling the addon.
08-31-06, 11:44 PM   #32
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs down Dual Screen Options?

Ok, i have a question. I run WoW on 2 screens, my chat logs and stuff on one side and the game screen on the other. What I was wondering is in its current confiuration the fubar panels go all the way across both screens. Is there a way to make it only go across 1 screen?

Just wondering as right now I can only put plug-ins on the right or left not in the middle due to the seperation of the screens is dead center.
09-11-06, 04:47 PM   #33
eladamri
A Murloc Raider
Weird text formatting

My Fubar tooltips are well.. um.. FUBAR

LOL.. sorry.. couldn't resist.

Anyways.. I've removed/reinstalled Fubar and all plugins including their associated files in the savedvariables folder and it still does it.

I'm using Fontabulous to change the system font to the x360 font. I've never had issues prior to updating Fubar2 to the latest release.

Attached are examples. This is happening on all fubar tooltips, not just one. (well.. any tooltip that has long text fields.)

The examples explain better than what I can.

09-25-06, 05:26 AM   #34
Jehosefat
A Defias Bandit
Fubar - Click to activate addons?

I am a recent titan to fubar switcher. The only thing I think I would change would be to add an option so you have to click on the item in the bar for it to open. There are a lot of items: gold, durability that are fine and I can just look at them. Others I mouse over guildfu, garbagefu and it opens a screen. However, sometimes in the middle of a fight I'll go too high on my screen or two low and open a box on fubar. I know have to move my mouse out of the way and then be more careful about where I put it next time. Just having a check mark that I can put to say "Click to see the information in this addon" or "all addons" would be helpful.

Thanks.
03-16-07, 04:05 PM   #35
beinwalt
A Murloc Raider
Question Lost mouse-over

I have all but scrapped FuBar because for some reason, the mouse-over capability (which is half the point of the add on to begin with) is no longer working. I can still click and right-click on the plug-ins but nothing happens when I mouse over them. Anyone have any ideas about this?
03-16-07, 04:44 PM   #36
ra1d3n
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by beinwalt
I have all but scrapped FuBar because for some reason, the mouse-over capability (which is half the point of the add on to begin with) is no longer working. I can still click and right-click on the plug-ins but nothing happens when I mouse over them. Anyone have any ideas about this?
get the latest version and disable tooltips in combat, they dont work because of tainting issues and you dont need them in combat anyways..
03-16-07, 05:15 PM   #37
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by ra1d3n
get the latest version and disable tooltips in combat, they dont work because of tainting issues and you dont need them in combat anyways..
Agreed. I disabled the mouse-overs in combat just because it's annoying but the tainting point is well taken.
03-17-07, 10:12 AM   #38
beinwalt
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ra1d3n

Thank you kindly! I was starting to feel naked without FuBar.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuBar 2.0