08-21-16, 04:17 PM   #1
Jopher
A Murloc Raider
Clique not working with default raid frames- sometimes doesnt register

It sometimes doesn't register when I try using clique with default raid frames. For example, I have e bound to flash heal in clique. I also have e keybound to smite on bartender. So when I hover over someones player/raid frame and press e, it should flash heal. When I am not hovered over anyone, it should use smite like normal. Instead, sometime when I am hovering over someone, it'll cast smite /:

Any help is super appreciated.
08-21-16, 04:21 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What happens if you use this instead? (macro on Bartender)

Code:
/cast [@mouseover, exists] Flash Heal; Smite
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-21-16, 04:37 PM   #3
Jopher
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the reply! Ill check it out when I get back to my computer in a couple hours, and let you know.
08-21-16, 07:45 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jopher View Post
I have e bound to flash heal in clique. I also have e keybound to smite on bartender.
This is the problem. You'll always get unreliable behavior if you try to have the same key bound to two different things at the same time. If you want Flash Heal on your action bar, just use a @mouseover macro on your action bar like Seerah suggested.
08-23-16, 01:57 AM   #5
Jopher
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
What happens if you use this instead? (macro on Bartender)

Code:
/cast [@mouseover, exists] Flash Heal; Smite
This appeared to work, but playing with it more, i was wrong. It works when hovering over people to cast spells, but when I am not hovering over a player while pressing the button, it seems to switch between the two spells, not knowing when one to use all the time. Very frustrating haha.
08-23-16, 02:08 AM   #6
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Jopher View Post
This appeared to work, but playing with it more, i was wrong. It works when hovering over people to cast spells, but when I am not hovering over a player while pressing the button, it seems to switch between the two spells, not knowing when one to use all the time. Very frustrating haha.

Are you certain you aren't hovering your mouse cursor over a unit which can be healed at the time of the "switch" ? If that is the macro you're actually using, then perhaps you should add in an extra conditional:

Code:
/cast [@mouseover, exists, help] Flash Heal; Smite
08-23-16, 06:13 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"help" implies "exists" so you don't need both.

/cast [@mouseover, help] Flash Heal; Smite

Also note that @mouseover includes units you're mousing over in the game world, not just unit frames. There's no macro conditional for "just unit frame mouseovers" so if you only want to use Flash Heal while the mouse is over a unit frame, and not while the cursor is over a player in the game world, you'll have to use Clique (with a different binding).
08-23-16, 07:14 PM   #8
Jopher
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for all the help guys. Going back to the origin of the problem, I made the switch to default raid frames from grid, because I couldn't see the tooltip on debuffs when I hovered over them. Grid and Clique worked beautifully together other than that. I could even have the same bind for clique and bartender and it would register perfectly, as opposed to the default raid frames which seemed confused when I pressed a clique bind that also had a bartender bind. Do you think grid will ever be able to show tooltips for auras? I'm so pissed I can't find a suitable raid frame addon as a healer, but I think I'm gonna have to settle with grid and clique without seeing the tooltip for auras.
08-23-16, 09:03 PM   #9
Jopher
A Murloc Raider
I just figured out how to get Vuhdo to show debuffs. That's the winner so far lol

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Clique not working with default raid frames- sometimes doesnt register