09-01-12, 08:56 PM   #141
PhatChic06
A Murloc Raider
I'm sorry your game crashed....Its no problem thank you for the help. I hope someone else is able to help to help too i really like carbonite alot. It helps out alot and makes it easier to quest

09-01-12, 10:07 PM   #142
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Why? What does it matter what the toc file says? Surely its a local value
Because that's how you can tell which version of an addon you have installed. That's why authors put a version number in the .toc file.

I "updated" an addon once, and when I checked the .toc file for the version number, it was way off as opposed to what it was supposed to be. It was actually two versions older than the one I had "updated". It turns out that the author had mistakenly uploaded an older version instead of the one he meant to upload. Someone else told the author about it before I got a chance to and he corrected the problem immediately. If the version number in the .toc file had not been off, we might have never known there was a problem since most of the changes were cosmetic.

So, as you can see, it does make a difference. While it is a "local value" in the sense that it really does nothing except tell you which version of the addon you have installed, it can also tell you if the version you're about to update to is actually newer or not.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-01-12, 10:22 PM   #143
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Necrosage View Post
Yeah, haven't touched the localizations myself.

EDIT -1- Rythal if you wanna let me know what needs to be fixed I'll take a piece of it at a time. I know it's a tedious task to handle by yourself and I have nothing but time.

EDIT -2- As per request, I updated the TOC file for my version I have hosted.
If possible id make sure you liaise with Rythal, its far too easy to end up with 2 copies of the files online, each with different changes, especially minor ones that may get overlooked!

09-01-12, 11:16 PM   #144
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Twink View Post
If possible id make sure you liaise with Rythal, its far too easy to end up with 2 copies of the files online, each with different changes, especially minor ones that may get overlooked!
The changes he made were already made in my test build... so it's all good but yeah if it had of been more serious changes I would of diff'ed it just to make sure.

09-02-12, 12:36 AM   #145
Muwaahahaha
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up God Bless You!

I've used Carbonite since the days where donations were offered and I did! This addon, if just for its map, has been a true blessing for making my gaming on WoW much more enjoyable. I truly appreciate your selfless dedication to assisting the authors with a temporary update. Thank you SO much.

God Bless!

09-02-12, 02:21 AM   #146
Moodruff
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
You know how many times I have heard that line... about every major update and every expansion since they were no longer able to charge.
All they had to do was charge for access to the website, and make the download free.

09-02-12, 04:40 AM   #147
CougarKharne
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by PhatChic06 View Post
I've tried everything i can think of to get it to work right i even tried the fix on this thread and its still not working....Is there anything else i can do to get carbonite to work. I'm so used to it that i have a hard time playing without it. I've attached a pic of what my map looks like. It looks fine when i zoom out but when i zoom in you cant see anything. And my quest arent showing up when i hit L to see my quest log and they also arent showing on the side of my screen. Its not showing that i have quests at all.
Well I ended up causing my entire game to crash trying to recreate what you're experiencing. I think I'm gonna have to give you a rain check as I've been up since 1am and it's now like 11pm here. Hopefully someone else can solve it for ya. Sorry.

I to ended up crashing my game trying to create your problem. It seems if you zoom in to far the minimap does go blank and the addon may crash or worse crash all your addons like it did with mine. When I logged back on it was still blank. All you need to do is move a while, preferable fly higher and your view should come back. No promises however

09-02-12, 05:04 AM   #148
SirPugg
A Murloc Raider
Rythal... and news on when you will be adding the party tracking (I know its on your to-do list... cause thats about the only thing missing as far as i am concerned)

Also... not a bug, but um.. i went to Darkmoon today, and i just got a blank spot on the world map showing up... I can understand why this may not already be there, since the DMF only started like today, but are there any plans to add it as a zone map with quest tracking??

09-02-12, 06:51 AM   #149
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by SirPugg View Post
Rythal... and news on when you will be adding the party tracking (I know its on your to-do list... cause thats about the only thing missing as far as i am concerned)

Also... not a bug, but um.. i went to Darkmoon today, and i just got a blank spot on the world map showing up... I can understand why this may not already be there, since the DMF only started like today, but are there any plans to add it as a zone map with quest tracking??
I wanna get this current patch finished, hopefully early this evening then I'll look into darkmoon faire. But yes party quest tracking is one of the things fixed in the next patch.

09-02-12, 07:38 AM   #150
Pinthalion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you Rythal!

Rythal!

Thanks for the fan update! For the most part everything is working great for me! Having done scripting in the past, I know what an effort you have been putting into this for the fans of Carbonite. Like others I wish the developers were more responsive and alert. I remember one patch update, they came on a couple days late and said, "Oh we didn't know this was released"...

I've noticed this seems to occur with every major patch / expansion, so I expect they'll get to it.

The reason I am posting, besides to thank you, is I wanted to let you know in spite of your update working very well, I believe there is a problem with the public flights. When I fly on my own mount I can go from zone to zone with no problems. However, if I take a public flight point, my game crashes when crossing zones. For example, I took a public flight from Uldum to Ratchet. My game crashed in Tenaris, then again in Thousand Needles, etc, with every zone change until I landed in ratchet. Same thing occurred flying from Booty to Stormwind. I'm pretty sure this was carbonite causing the crash, although it could just be a patch bug. Just wanted to make you aware of it so you could see if you could duplicate it.

Regardless Kudos on keeping us up to date with Carbonite!

Mark a.k.a Pinthalion, Death Merchants Eldre'Thelas

09-02-12, 09:10 AM   #151
bart1
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for porting this addon, it's awesome! I found one small problem with it. It's causing minimap icons like that are shown by blizzard's tracker are flickering. I've tried disabling other addons, but it doesn't work.

09-02-12, 09:32 AM   #152
Mallyx
A Murloc Raider
Personally I'm enjoying playing the game glitch/crash/lua error free without this addon. This comes after using it non stop for over 3 yrs. I've recently downsized my addon list from over 60 addons to below 20.

Sometimes simpler IS better.
At least for now.

09-02-12, 09:36 AM   #153
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by bart1 View Post
Thanks for porting this addon, it's awesome! I found one small problem with it. It's causing minimap icons like that are shown by blizzard's tracker are flickering. I've tried disabling other addons, but it doesn't work.
I know this was brought up before somewhere but as I don't remember where that post is just do as follows:

Open Carbonite options, select "Map Minimap", go to the field labeled "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay" and set it to zero. That should stop the flickering. As always thanks to Rythal for this solution and his work on the addon.

09-02-12, 09:40 AM   #154
Serra44
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
First all all Rytha a big HUG and thank you from me! You're my saviour! However, I wouldn't be a woman if I didn't have something to moan about so here goes:

Originally Posted by iltemann View Post
I can see where to deliver my quests after completed them, but for som reason i can`t see the questgiver icon, the: ! , when standing close to them, or at a place where i KNOW there is supposed to be. PS: I can see it on the docked minimap, but not the "normal map"
Originally Posted by iltemann View Post
I have one problem atm tho: I cant see the ! for new quests when the minimap docked etc. is down. I used to do before, but not now anymore. How to solve this?
Originally Posted by entity0 View Post
I've just reinstalled Carbonite 4.301 along with Rythal's update (Thank you for picking up the project) But I'm having problems. The maps don't seem to be merging properly and I downloaded the mining node locations but they're not showing up. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the above described problems as well. I used to have my minimap invisible (always docked, docked transparency and scale set to minimal) and my question marks and tracking dots would still show on the carbonite map. Now however they only show up on the minimap when it's visible when docked, or not merged with the carbonite map. Adjusting the minimap transparency when not docked does not help as it does not seem to do anything atm. Any clever minds with spare time who can fix this issue?

09-02-12, 09:58 AM   #155
bart1
A Defias Bandit
I know this was brought up before somewhere but as I don't remember where that post is just do as follows:

Open Carbonite options, select "Map Minimap", go to the field labeled "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay" and set it to zero. That should stop the flickering. As always thanks to Rythal for this solution and his work on the addon.
Thanks! It works fine now.

09-02-12, 10:55 AM   #156
PhatChic06
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by CougarKharne View Post
I to ended up crashing my game trying to create your problem. It seems if you zoom in to far the minimap does go blank and the addon may crash or worse crash all your addons like it did with mine. When I logged back on it was still blank. All you need to do is move a while, preferable fly higher and your view should come back. No promises however
I havent had any crash problems. I tried flying higher and it still doesnt help with the map. Everytime i log in my map looks like whats in the picture and my quest dont show up on the side to keep track of them. When i get a message that says this version of carbonite is old then my quests show up on the side but i cant track them cause the map still wont work right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.png
Views:	521
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	7135  

09-02-12, 11:38 AM   #157
Beachcomber1
A Murloc Raider
I would like to emphasize the importance of splitting the map portion of the addon from the main addon.

Map = awesome for pvp and I consider it vital for rated battleground leaders

Everything else = no opinion at all, I turn it off.

By making this more modular, perhaps updates can be easier in the future. I knew I was skeptical when I first tried Carbonite and saw the size, the unwieldy code, and the sheer bulk of features it contains. Sure enough, here is a new expansion and we don't have a new version as a result.

Please consider it.

09-02-12, 11:52 AM   #158
Krucid
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for your work and updating Carb. However i would like to make a suggestion. Instead of working with old code and bandaging this addon even more than it already is. I would like to see just a map addon using Carb style maps. The quest tracker isn't the greatest and rarely is kept up to date. There is better addons for that.

The best thing about Carb is the maps, go to tracking, poi's and the punks system. I am sure it would be easier to manage and update using these features. Most people will tell you they use Carb only for the maps.

Either way though great work and thanks for all your hard work.

09-02-12, 12:03 PM   #159
PhatChic06
A Murloc Raider
I use carbonite cause it makes questing easier for me but i cant get it to work right now. I seen they had a fix for it but i tried that and it's not working either.

09-02-12, 12:34 PM   #160
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Losing track of known issues Rythal... Maybe start a thread for that?

The maps aren't working right in battlegrounds. Maybe that's the party tracking thing people are talking about...

Thanks again for patching this.

I'll add my name to the list of people suggesting you start from the ground up with a fresh addon. Clearly there are people willing to donate, support and contribute to such a project. If you branched off fresh, you could have your own issue tracker, and wow interface/curse download site so all your personal bandwidth isn't used.

I'm thinking it's safe to say the authors are not interested, as people have been trying to contact them through multiple channels with no response.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04