12-08-14, 08:00 PM   #41
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Just wanted to chime in here for a bit to say that I've enabled optional patches for RealUI. This will allow you to upload/download files that will show up on the RealUI download page under the "Other Files" tab.

I have not used this feature myself, but i'd assume it works like any other addon.

12-08-14, 08:10 PM   #42
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's awesome. I'll probably just keep uploading it there from now on then. I don't think it will work right without RealUI anyway.
12-09-14, 12:48 AM   #43
groin
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post
I've got wild growth tracked on one of the bottom square indicators. At least it should be lol. That's the only AoE hot I can think of atm too. I might use one of the bottom square trackers for bouncy heals and that pally beacon talent that bounces from party member to party member.

If I do class color indicators they will probably be slightly different from the default class colors to kinda stand out more, that way they'll stand out even when using class colored health. I'll mess around with them and test them out to see if they look alright.

I might change the default bar color to health-current so it's dark like the DPS layout, and change the health deficit to class color. The only reason I have it the other way around is because I got rid of class colored names because certain dispellable debuffs were kinda hard to tell apart from class colors--i.e. blue magic debuff, mage class color, green poison debuff, hunter class color, purple curse debuff, warlock class color, brown disease debuff, warrior class color. Disease on a warrior easily went unnoticed, etc etc etc. I might have to add another indicator for debuffs and go with class colored names to make the two layouts match better.

Might add priest indicators soon. What are priests keeping track of these days? Weakened soul, shields, what else? I don't play a priest so I have no idea what changes came to healy priests this expansion or what they lost.
I love the dark (seems antracite grey) on dps layout but i know what you speak about, maybe you con add a color border for debuff and change the player name with debuff type (magic, curse ecc).
12-09-14, 01:22 AM   #44
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by groin View Post
I love the dark (seems antracite grey) on dps layout but i know what you speak about, maybe you con add a color border for debuff and change the player name with debuff type (magic, curse ecc).
Well the problem with changing the player name with debuff type is that they don't show up well on certain classes. Magic is blue, but so is mage, and they're similar colors. So with class colored names one could easily miss a dispellable magic debuff on a mage. The same goes for warlocks and curse, warriors and disease, and possibly hunters or monks with poison.

I did put the debuff type on borders, but I should probably change the AoE highlighter color to something other than blue so it isn't mistaken for magic debuffs. Probably yellow or white.
12-09-14, 04:24 AM   #45
groin
A Cyclonian
Well the problem with changing the player name with debuff type is that they don't show up well on certain classes. Magic is blue, but so is mage, and they're similar colors. So with class colored names one could easily miss a dispellable magic debuff on a mage. The same goes for warlocks and curse, warriors and disease, and possibly hunters or monks with poison.

I did put the debuff type on borders, but I should probably change the AoE highlighter color to something other than blue so it isn't mistaken for magic debuffs. Probably yellow or white.
I explained badly because of my bad English.
I meant that it would be nice to have the gray used in the dps layout for hp, and class color for hp deficit.
to remedy the problem of which you speak rightly could be implemented so combined the two following changes

1) add debuff color on the border
2) modify the text by changing the name (not the color) of the character in the name of the debuff like 'Jasmer' --> 'Magic' or 'Poison' etc

another possibility would be to use the power bar not for 'mana or class power' but for debuff colors...
12-09-14, 12:40 PM   #46
Karyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I meant that it would be nice to have the gray used in the dps layout for hp, and class color for hp deficit.
to remedy the problem of which you speak rightly could be implemented so combined the two following changes

2) modify the text by changing the name (not the color) of the character in the name of the debuff like 'Jasmer' --> 'Magic' or 'Poison' etc

another possibility would be to use the power bar not for 'mana or class power' but for debuff colors...
I like the first idea, might incorporate it into my own frames. I have wondered whether the power bars are truly needed and could probably be better served as something else, but healing isn't my main spec. Then again my other idea was to just extend the amount of characters for the name so I could see it a little better.
12-09-14, 05:09 PM   #47
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Oh, yeah, that's a pretty good idea. I'll try it out today and see how it works. Maybe keep names white, change color in addition to text based on debuff....

I have wondered whether the power bars are truly needed and could probably be better served as something else, but healing isn't my main spec. Then again my other idea was to just extend the amount of characters for the name so I could see it a little better.
As a healer I prefer to see other healer's mana. It's a personal preference thing. I use the layout for tanking as well (prot pally) and seeing my healer's mana is important.

As for the name length in 40 man BGs and MC I don't think going over 4 characters is wise. If you don't run 40 man BGs or MC, though, then you could probably squeeze a few more letters out of them. Note there are two square indicators in the lower middle part of the frame. I could change the font size of the name a little and see about extending it another two letters.
12-09-14, 05:31 PM   #48
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Okay, name text and letter length doesn't work well for the healer layout, though you guys are welcome to customize yours for your own needs. Won't be adding longer/bigger names to the upload though.

I did remove debuffs from the borders and put them back on names again. Names are white again by default, debuff colored and testing pending SHOULD say poison, magic, curse, or disease as well.

Made health class color again and health deficit dark. Indicator colors are slightly different from class colors so along with the original font outline they should still stand out well enough. I'll test and upload when I can.
12-09-14, 05:55 PM   #49
Karyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I didn't think about 40mans, might leave it then.

The only thing I think could be a problem with the name changing too is it might be a bit harder to recognise priority targets if you have to dispel a lot in a raid. Some people might recognise by name more than by class who someone is. Is that an issue for healers?
12-09-14, 06:36 PM   #50
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Karyy View Post
I didn't think about 40mans, might leave it then.

The only thing I think could be a problem with the name changing too is it might be a bit harder to recognise priority targets if you have to dispel a lot in a raid. Some people might recognise by name more than by class who someone is. Is that an issue for healers?
It isn't for me, but I guess it's something to think about anyway. I might just go back to white names with debuff colors.
12-10-14, 11:45 PM   #51
groin
A Cyclonian
Okay, name text and letter length doesn't work well for the healer layout, though you guys are welcome to customize yours for your own needs. Won't be adding longer/bigger names to the upload though.

I did remove debuffs from the borders and put them back on names again. Names are white again by default, debuff colored and testing pending SHOULD say poison, magic, curse, or disease as well.

Made health class color again and health deficit dark. Indicator colors are slightly different from class colors so along with the original font outline they should still stand out well enough. I'll test and upload when I can.
So waiting for 1.4??

Btw is there an issue with 40 raid group, i change direction from horizontal to vertical but when i enter in combat the layout automatically changes to horizontal again
12-11-14, 12:24 AM   #52
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

So waiting for 1.4??

Btw is there an issue with 40 raid group, i change direction from horizontal to vertical but when i enter in combat the layout automatically changes to horizontal again

I know that while in your garrison the raid frames get all screwed up, is that what you mean?

Also I'll upload 1.4 tonight, I may or may not have forgotten lol
12-11-14, 01:43 AM   #53
groin
A Cyclonian
It happened in bg, every time i was in combat the layout changed back to horizontal so was over action bar, casting bar ecc
Maybe is there some forced configuration in the real ui code

maybe this?

-- nil or false for vertical
function GridLayoutHeaderClass.prototype:SetOrientation(horizontal)
if not self.initialConfigFunction then return end
local settings = Grid2Layout.db.profile
local vertical = not horizontal
local point = anchorPoints[not vertical][settings.groupAnchor]
local direction = anchorPoints[point]
local xOffset = horizontal and settings.Padding*direction or 0
local yOffset = vertical and settings.Padding*direction or 0
self:SetLayoutAttribute( "xOffset", xOffset )
self:SetLayoutAttribute( "yOffset", yOffset )
self:SetLayoutAttribute( "point", point )
-- AceDB defaults
Grid2Layout.defaultDB = {
profile = {
debug = false,
FrameDisplay = "Always",
layouts = {
solo = "Solo w/Pet",
party = "By Group 5 w/Pets",
raid10 = "By Group 10 w/Pets",
raid15 = "By Group 15 w/Pets",
raid20 = "By Group 20",
raid25 = "By Group 25 w/Pets",
raid30 = "By Group 30",
raid40 = "By Group 40",
arena = "By Group 5 w/Pets",
},
layoutScales= {},
horizontal = true,

Last edited by groin : 12-11-14 at 01:48 AM.
12-11-14, 02:48 AM   #54
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I wouldn't know anything about RealUI. Doesn't seem to happen to me, so I can't really troubleshoot it. I couldn't lua my way out of a paper bag.
12-11-14, 06:08 AM   #55
Quelnor
A Kobold Labourer
Good afternoon

I'm looking for some help regarding a problem I've been having with Grid2.

The healthbars sometimes randomely go all black, as if the player has all health missing (they dont though).

I've added some screenshots. Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121114_125521.jpg
Views:	4025
Size:	583.0 KB
ID:	8356  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121114_134134.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	8357  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121114_134159.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	8358  
12-11-14, 06:48 AM   #56
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
It happened in bg, every time i was in combat the layout changed back to horizontal so was over action bar, casting bar ecc
Maybe is there some forced configuration in the real ui code
Read through this sticky. If you're still having issues make a new thread.

12-11-14, 04:54 PM   #57
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Quelnor View Post
Good afternoon

I'm looking for some help regarding a problem I've been having with Grid2.

The healthbars sometimes randomely go all black, as if the player has all health missing (they dont though).

I've added some screenshots. Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
That isn't my Grid2 profile setup, and I don't know nearly enough about this kind of thing to troubleshoot Grid2 general problems, sadly. I would report this bug on the Grid2 page here or on curse, because it shouldn't have anything to do with my profile and I don't even know how to help you troubleshoot this. Sorry
12-12-14, 02:17 AM   #58
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Nib or Gethe:

The font Super Effective (Pixel Cooldown in RealUI) is a free font as far as I'm aware, but I thought I would ask regardless if anybody minds if I include it and another free font in a shared media upload with my Grid2 profile so the fonts work properly for non-RealUI users?
12-12-14, 03:29 AM   #59
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Update pending. See change log. Now default-UI friendly (hopefully). As always please report profile-related issues so I can try to fix them. Screenshots will be updated shortly.

[Edit] Had to re-upload because I derped and included default SharedMedia. Had to include RealUI's instead so as not to screw up fonts for other RealUI users. :|

Last edited by Jasmer : 12-12-14 at 04:16 AM.
12-12-14, 05:26 AM   #60
groin
A Cyclonian
I'll try it
Maybe i'll add health deficit text

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Healer Grid2 setup