06-25-16, 12:48 AM   #1
LiriusMagi
A Murloc Raider

Crashing in battlegrounds

I experience crashes in battlegrounds whenever I have carbonite running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and it hasn't fixed it. I have tried disabling the extra stuff of the addon but it still happens with the main map part running. Anyone have any ideas?
06-25-16, 06:47 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try disabling all of you addons EXCEPT Carbonite and try a battleground like that. It may be another addon interfering with Carbonite's functions. If the problem goes away, it was an addon interfering with Carbonite. You will have to do a binary search to find the interfering addon.

Carbonite is a pretty large addon, that is now modular, that does a lot of things. If you are using another addon that duplicates Carbonites' functionality - you are just asking for problems. A good example of this is TomTom. Carbonite does not play well with it because Carbonite emulates TomTom's behavior. With Carbonite installed you don't need to have TomTom installed anymore. Carbonite's TomTom emulator also works with other addons (just like TomTom). But, the TomTom emulator in Carbonite is an option and can be turned off if you need to. Not everything is like that.

By-the-way, uninstalling and reinstalling an addon does nothing - by itself. You would have to, also, uninstall the addons SavedVariables. They aren't kept (saved) with the addon. They are saved to the WTF folder.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-25-16 at 06:55 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Crashing in battlegrounds