07-07-09, 07:36 AM   #1
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cooldown Request

Ok, so I'm loving the cooldown counts on the action bars now, but one that is "missing" is Lifetap (Warlock, but you should know that since you play one!). Now technically there's no "cooldown", but if you have the glyph of lifetap, you get that spirit bonus. I know if can be done since other action bar mods have done it, so it's just a matter of code.....

On another note. A nice request would be button hi-lighting. I love the faded out buttons (hated it at first, but now I love it). It can be kind of confusing though when it's a DOT that's faded out. Another nice feature I've seen on other action bar mods is a "hilight" for the button. Lime green border around the button when the spell is "active" is certainly a great help for people rotating spells. An on/off switch for this would be nice for those that don't want/like this sort of thing....

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com

07-07-09, 08:05 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah similarly things that would be cool are procs. For example Frost Mages get a Fireball proc that OmniCC spots and puts a timer on the fireball spell to let you know that you should use it to benefit from the bonus damage. But now I seem to miss it.

Both would require scanning of extra information though. Glyph equipped scanning which I know is possible from looking at the blizz code and Aura scanning for the procs. But the latter can be picked up by msbt which I was surprised didnt happen to me.

07-07-09, 01:35 PM   #3
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yeah, I was using OmniCC, and sometimes it works with nUI, and sometimes it doesn't. I think i had to have OmniCC installed, as well as domino's (even if the bars are disabled). Not sure why OmniCC won't play nice natively with nUI..... I would have tried talking to the OmniCC author, but if nUI is going to have some CD stuff on the bars, it makes since to have nUI do all of it (or maybe have an option to turn it off so there isn't 2 addons trying to put numbers on.....)

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com

07-10-09, 12:07 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I do believe there is an option to turn those off. Since I can never remember command line options, I use Kodewulf's awesome plugin (recently updated) for nUI here.

07-10-09, 12:19 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
or ... nah Im not one to plug my stuff

/nui bar duration
/nui bar cooldown

will toggle the appropriate display

/nui bar

should list the various options available

07-10-09, 12:21 AM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

/Hugs Xrystal

I use em both! Yeah, that's right!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-10-09, 01:20 AM   #7
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
or ... nah Im not one to plug my stuff
Or you can use the LDB config plugin.

07-10-09, 01:41 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post
Or you can use the LDB config plugin.
rofl kodewulf

07-27-09, 03:16 PM   #9
Laonlai
A Kobold Labourer
Ok, not sure if I got it.
What do I have to do in order to get the "cooldown" on Lifetap ?

07-27-09, 03:53 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
If your lifetap is a spell then you need to drag the spell icon from your spell book onto the action bar if it isn't already there.

Then if it doesn't show the duration count or cooldown count ( if there are any ) when you use it then it has been toggled off at some point. You would then need to toggle it back on using the slash commands I mentioned or use one of the addons mentioned to make access to the slash commands easier.

If there is a duration timer on a spell then that number will have priority. Once the duration runs out it will display whatever cooldown is still set.

This screenshot shows both the durations and cooldowns in progress. If you look at the cooldown bar in the hud you will see the duration timers there too as the top line with the cooldowns on the bottom line.

On the action bar you will see pink, purple and cyan writing. The pink are cooldown counters, the blue are duration timers and purple are duration timers that are also on cooldown.

Hopefully that will help you see what you're missing somewhat. I don't recall lifetap having a cooldown myself but next time I play my warlock I will have a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072309_035920.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	3085  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Cooldown Request