08-14-14, 08:32 PM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Raven Help

I use raven it stoped working other night. I need find something to use till it updates. Not haveing buff or debuff is a frustration. I looked seems nothing out there. Ones i can find have just pictures or are outdated. I like the bars with name on them. With many chars i cant remmber what icon gos with what spell. Any ideas... or again iam i looking in wrong place?
08-14-14, 08:38 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons don't just "stop working" unless something changes, like a WoW patch changing something in the API, or you changing settings in the addon, or you installing another addon that conflicts with it, or removing another addon that it depends on. Does BugSack report any error messages?

That said, there's a dedicated category for buff addons:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat22.html
The listing has screenshots, so it should be fairly easy to identify any addons that may offer the features you want.
08-15-14, 08:45 PM   #3
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
ok i DONT post when i didnt try everything as i said! With no add on running all that shows in the config file. When that file comes up.It shows only the 2 new chars ive made not the crap load of others. I did rename the wtf file to make a new..same thing. Even after i log into one the old ones. It was in middle of night when it stoped, 2 hours into a sesion. It also was in a night when me and others kept getting booted out. As for messing with it,never. Code makes no sence to me. As for bug sac it shows nothing. I get no error messages of any kind. Also i posted on raven page. Seems noone else has had this problem. Or they just droped it. Also i have not updated or anything new for addons.

Also as ive said I LOOKED! Only ones shown what i use raven for all are out date. Most of the new are not for buffs. There to put crap in your chat box. I dont want that kinda thing. I want spell/debuff bars. Not chat i wont see. I really do not see why these are even in for buffs. There not a buff .. there a reminder. They should have there own spot.

I guessing it time find another safe place to get mods. Seems only thing her is you copy cat mods. And you putting peaple down becase they dont do code. Sorry iam not up to your moronic level. I thought this was place to ASK for help. Not be told your stupid.
08-16-14, 01:07 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kasca View Post
And you putting peaple down becase they dont do code. Sorry iam not up to your moronic level. I thought this was place to ASK for help. Not be told your stupid.
Well, I have no idea what part of my post you felt was putting anyone down, or calling anyone stupid, but if you feel that way, don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed.

(Also, if you don't want people to think you're stupid, you should probably learn how to spell basic words like "people" and use punctuation correctly.)

ok i DONT post when i didnt try everything as i said!
Good for you. I'm not psychic. I can't read your mind and magically know what you've tried or how you define "everything". Some people say "I've tried everything!" when all they've done is try typing the slash command two times, got the same error message both times, and then gave up. Nobody else here is psychic, either. If you want us to know exactly what you have and have not tried, you have to actually tell us.

Also as ive said I LOOKED!
Again, nobody can read your mind. When you say you've looked, we don't know what that means. You have to tell us. Where did you look? What search terms did you use? What did you find, and why didn't those options meet your needs?

I guessing it time find another safe place to get mods.
Good luck with that. Other than WoWInterface and Curse, the only addon sites you're going to find are the ones that just scrape and rehost addons from WoWInterface and Curse. None of those sites have anything to offer addon authors, so they're either only hosting Open Source licensed addons, or they're violating copyright laws, and in either case, the addon authors don't even know their addons are posted there, so you're generally going to get outdated versions (since the authors aren't posting updates there) and no way to get help with the addon (since the authors aren't reading comments/tickets there).

Seems only thing her is you copy cat mods.
WoW is nearly 10 years old now. There just aren't that many new ideas to come up with, and the subscriber base is dwindling. Most of the people who were writing addons 5 years ago have stopped playing by now. Anyone who still plays who has the skills to write addons has already written all the addons they need. At this point, if you can't find an addon that does what you want, your options are pretty much (a) make do without it, or (b) put on your big boy pants and learn how to write it yourself. Sitting around crying and throwing tantrums because someone else isn't falling all over themselves to spend their free time finding or writing you an addon isn't going to do anything but make people even less interested in helping you.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-16-14 at 01:10 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Raven Help