10-13-10, 12:39 AM   #21
Chmee
A Molten Giant
You guys crack me up. The update will come when it's ready. Chill.

10-13-10, 12:41 AM   #22
jman037
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I keep reading in both threads about this update and 4.0 that there doesn't seem to be any update incoming...

If that is so, what addons can we use to replace Carbonite? I'd rather not replace it as it has become NECESSARY for my play.. But if they (developers) have given up on it then I need to move on.

Ideas anyone on how to fix this?

10-13-10, 12:43 AM   #23
jman037
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Chmee, haven't you got a Puppeteer or 2 to tear up? ;-)

10-13-10, 12:45 AM   #24
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Heheheh. "You scream, and you leap." Heheheh.

10-13-10, 12:56 AM   #25
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
You guys crack me up. The update will come when it's ready. Chill.
Truth of the matter is, there probably is no update. Everyone should now get on with their lives.

10-13-10, 02:54 AM   #26
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Anywho, the way I see it, Carbonite has made quite a name for itself, and if fataal and Haavok won't continue supporting Carbonite, I'm sure some other author will take it upon himself to keep the masterpiece alive.
Unless they go the route of mazzle and bury their head in the sand!

10-13-10, 03:36 AM   #27
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
It was so sad when I logged my first toon this morning and no working carbonite. Carbonite is the add that taught me about supporting the system and seeing how the developers really do work to keep things running smooth.

10-13-10, 04:06 AM   #28
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Mechrior View Post
Unless they go the route of mazzle and bury their head in the sand!
Blasphemer! To compare the Carb devs to the arch-demon Mazzle!

(Mazz, if you're still lurking out there in the shadows somewhere just remember, YOU'RE the GREATEST! please don't throw a curse on me...)

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 04:08 AM   #29
blade3976
A Defias Bandit
carbonite

you all really need to bring carbonite back i am really thinking about leaveing wow with out it and i think there alot of ppl that thinks the same

10-13-10, 04:45 AM   #30
Eternal Nether
A Murloc Raider
Cool Calmdown

It has already been stated that they will indeed create a new version for cataclysm. So just chill and if we're lucky it will be out by the end of the week.

10-13-10, 04:56 AM   #31
Luftwaffles
A Kobold Labourer
LOL.. you guys need to chill the f*ck out. The update hasn't been on live for even 24 hours yet, and you're already hopping about and screaming "the end is nigh!"

There are tons of addons currently not working, and Carbonite is a rather complex one.

10-13-10, 05:10 AM   #32
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by blade3976 View Post
you all really need to bring carbonite back i am really thinking about leaveing wow with out it and i think there alot of ppl that thinks the same
Welcome to Beta!

oh, wait...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 06:53 AM   #33
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Eternal Nether View Post
It has already been stated that they will indeed create a new version for cataclysm. So just chill and if we're lucky it will be out by the end of the week.
Yeah, that was stated...in August. And zero communications since then.

I do think it's totally screwed up that Blizz freaked out about someone else making money off an addon, then promptly made millions off non-combat pets and mounts. Seriously. Millions.

Carbonite is one of the main reasons that I refused to buy any of that crap.

10-13-10, 08:26 AM   #34
Kleyemax
A Defias Bandit
Seriously People

1: Patience - the Devs will either state they are no longer gonna update carbonite to work with cata, or they will inform you all when the update is available. Either way, learn to keep your mouth shut and be patient. If you love the addon so much, then dont be a dick and piss the devs off to the point they stop updating it.

2: Ignorance - To all the people complaining that Blizz makes addons obsolete for some reason to eliminate 3rd party developers, your a F%@#ing moron. You obviously understand nothing about programing or game developement. Again learn to keep your mouth shut when you dont even have a base understanding of what your talking about.

3: Lazy - To all those who "cant play WoW without Carb", get a life. I love the carbonite add-on and understand the loss if the devs discontinued. However, to act as though all life comes to an end when carb doesnt work is just laziness. Get your d*mn quests, and go find the objectives based on the info your given. Its not that hard, just takes a little more time. Get over it. Hell Blizzard has even added minimal questhelper ideals to make it that much easier.

4: Thank you Devs - To the developers of a great addon, I say Thank you. This has been the addon I alwasys install and update FIRST. Excellent work and never any major errors or crashes because of carbonite. Everyone here should be gratefull for the devs effort and quality put into this project.

10-13-10, 08:42 AM   #35
Mysfit
A Murloc Raider
All you people screaming you need carbonite I hoped you all clicked on the donate button. I have and will do so agian with the 4.0 update. If you havent then you dont deserve the addon considering the work the devs put in to it.

10-13-10, 08:42 AM   #36
schwim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Luftwaffles View Post
LOL.. you guys need to chill the f*ck out. The update hasn't been on live for even 24 hours yet, and you're already hopping about and screaming "the end is nigh!"
Agree with the sentiments and have enjoyed a laugh at the expense of people that threaten to stop playing a game because of an addon... I was bummed at the loss of it, but found during the questing last night that WoW has made great strides in tracking quests. While Carbonite's additional map is preferable, I no longer find it mandatory.

...BUT this update made me appreciate the developers that took the time to have their addons ready for the 4.0 drop. I'm enjoying all of my other necessary addons because of their hard work. I was moved to the point of donating, in fact

10-13-10, 08:54 AM   #37
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Disclaimer: If you've had issues with my straight forwarded bluntness, stop reading here.

Oh my god I've never seen a larger group of crybabies in my life. Not even on the official forums. If you are going to quit if Carbonite isn't updated then good riddance. You are most likely the same lot that are whining about CC being an important factor again and still wiping their tears about HC no longer being 10min aoe farmfests. In the end it's the same complaint:

"Omg I actually have to forth some EFFORT to play?"

It's been said before and I'll reiterate it; If a single addon makes or breaks the game for you, then you play for the wrong reasons. God forbid people actually READ quest text for info instead of skipping it and waiting to follow an arrow like a lemming.

There are PLENTY of addons that can replace Carbonite's functions. If you're not even going to try and look, that's your own damned fault.

10-13-10, 08:56 AM   #38
coorsd
A Murloc Raider
Yup, I hope the addon is updated. but it is also a lot of work and not really a money maker for them anymore. I will contribute again if they come up with a 4.01 cata version.

Thanks for your hard work Developers. It would be helpful if you would take a few minutes to post your intentions as to what you plan to do.

Onward!

10-13-10, 09:08 AM   #39
merak69
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Oh my god I've never seen a larger group of crybabies in my life. Not even on the official forums.
Let me preface this with I've been a long time Carbonite user and paid for it back when there was a paid version and its a very nice addon. To your point, if Carbonite went away I'd probably be a little sad but I'd be fine.

In everyone else's defense however, I'm fairly certain you've had a beta account for awhile and the PTR was up for awhile as well. It was more than enough time to update my addons to be compatible and while mine aren't anywhere as complicated as Carbonite, I guess there was an expectation that Carbonite would already be compatible when the patched dropped (set by both past experience and posts on the forums).

10-13-10, 09:28 AM   #40
DKsDEVIL
A Murloc Raider
well for me it is simple no carbonite no wow, the normal map in wow suck, the " quest helper " thing in wow suck.

os no carbonite no wow, i play fore questing and questing without carbonite is ike driving a car without wheels

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite and World of Warcraft 4.0.1