10-15-10, 12:26 AM   #1
ASpazzCreation
A Kobold Labourer
I want to thank you Carbinite.

Hello-

I been reading people's post and so forth on this site for a couple of days now. Kinda odd how people start thinking the bad side of everything...

I get home from work this evening hop on this site and .. Look what do I see? a beta for the Carbonite patch.. If i knew where you guys lived I would gave you a big huge hug and a kiss.. THANK YOU! for doing this for us. I been a fan with you guys for a awhile and i tell you what, it felt like I was playing Vanilla wow when you all went off line due to the 4.01patch... I didn't know how much I was spoiled with your add-on.. Until this flipping patch..

So, who ever is out there looking to bash Carb. Just remember their is someone always reading these, and maybe their life's takes over and we people that use their add-on should patiently wait... As I tell my guild members and as I tell you all.. WoW is a game treat it like it.. Carbonite is a add-on that enhance our game.. treat the Dev team like human beings with life's... its not their fault WoW patched up and didn't really prepare to let these add-on company's know .. (and dont think a thought that I will sit here and ague about wow.. Thus I won't.) Donations are fabulous way telling our Carb buds we love them...

So with that thought.. HUGE THANK YOU! for doing this.. Thank you Carb for thinking of us and THANK you for who ever spent all night fixing this issue.. You are well respected in my house!

ASC2010

10-15-10, 12:58 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks!!!!

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 10-15-10 at 01:00 AM.

10-15-10, 01:02 AM   #3
chococat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

i completely agree! i've just sent in a donation of $50 and will send more in the future.
and i'll admit that like many others i just about died when i saw carbonite not working after the patch. for days, i couldn't eat, i couldn't sleep, i couldn't play wow... until that fateful day i see the long awaited post... an update! i couldn't stop smiling

i want to thank you guys SO MUCH for making what is in my opinion THE BEST addon for wow EVER. with the trusty map i know i will never get lost, and i will always know where to find my quests. carb makes leveling FUN! and i could never dream of playing the game without it. so thank you thank you thank you!!!

i love this banana dude btw!

10-15-10, 01:54 AM   #4
Siinthera
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yes. thanks to both Haavok & Faatal you both are awesome for creating such a fantastic addon, keeping it updated when you can. when i first played WoW, i started with QuestHelper, then a friend mentioned Carbonite after QH started being a p.i.t.a, so off i went to google to search for Carbonite, i have not looked back since having found out that Carb even existed. when i can afford to, i too will be donating some money for Carb. keep up the good work both of you!

10-15-10, 07:12 AM   #5
Mascot
A Kobold Labourer
Aye, thanks indeed. This is the reason I keep donating once a year. I'll make sure to go one notch up on the amount scale when February comes around and it's my time once again.

Here's to hoping Carbonite is still around when the next expansion arrives as well.

10-15-10, 07:32 AM   #6
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Thumbs up

great work... can't play wow without it
Thank you so much..

hope this helps you fix it better...
just trying to do my part.

Date: 2010-10-15 09:25:52
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
bad argument #1 to 'strfind' (string expected, got nil)
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: strfind()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6433: RQL()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:9601: ReQ1()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:14565: ?()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23190:
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:23182
AddOns:
Swatter, v5.9.4933 (WhackyWallaby)
ACP, v3.3.8
Atlas, v1.17.1
AtlasBattlegrounds, v1.17.1
AtlasDungeonLocs, v1.17.1
AtlasOutdoorRaids, v1.17.1
AtlasTransportation, v1.17.1
AtlasLoot, vv5.11.05
AtlasLootFu, vv5.11.05
AtlasQuest, v4.5.0 BETA
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.130
Bagnon, v2.14.0
BagnonForever, v1.1.2
BagnonTooltips, v
Carbonite, v4.0003
CarboniteTransfer, v1.01
Configator, v5.1.DEV.278
DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.275
IceHUD, v1.7.0.2 (Revision: 642)
Informant, v5.9.4933 (WhackyWallaby)
Postal, v3.4.2
Recount, v
SlideBar, v5.9.4933 (WhackyWallaby)
Stubby, v5.9.4933 (WhackyWallaby)
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v4.0.1.40000 <us>
(ck=29c)

and one more note ... you can't zoom all the way in....
but still great work...
really hope people will start to understand it's alot of work to do...

10-15-10, 09:07 AM   #7
Dahukah-Mug'Thol
A Murloc Raider
Talking Thank You!!!!

I have to say, I am so excited to have carbonite back! Thank you developers, for everything! And shame on all of you that doubted them!! I've been visiting this site since the moment wow 4.0.1 went live, and have seen a lot of people trash talking the developers and complaining. I've never built an addon, let alone one that is as advanced as carbonite, but I can imagine that it is A LOT of work. Thank you again! I was expecting carbonite to release an update before cata was released, but I didn't think it would be this soon. You guys are AWESOME!! I will be donating on payday! wow... My screen don't look naked anymore!!

10-15-10, 10:16 AM   #8
sctprog
A Defias Bandit
I had actually created an account just to write a thread of thanks.. but I see that one had already been made.

But thank you to the Carbonite developers for continuing to keep this amazing addon available.

The sheer arrogance that seems so prolific on these forums is, I think but a small minority of your user base; most of us are very grateful for the dedication and hard work that has gone on, in spite of it.

10-15-10, 11:19 AM   #9
lmccall6860
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up I want to Thank Carbonite also

Thank you so much for the update. I cannot play WOW without Carbonite.My donation is forth comming tommow morning.I urge everyone to be thankful for the carbonite update and continue to donate and stop posting all these complaints.Thank you Carbonite for your hard work and time.You are a genius,we love your add on.
Lisa and Dane

10-15-10, 11:35 AM   #10
Carbo
A Murloc Raider
Thanks

Been using for a yr and a half and subscribed and paid when we could actually do that. Quest helper by the way has been discontinued forever

10-15-10, 11:39 AM   #11
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by chococat View Post
i want to thank you guys SO MUCH for making what is in my opinion THE BEST addon for wow EVER. with the trusty map i know i will never get lost, and i will always know where to find my quests. carb makes leveling FUN! and i could never dream of playing the game without it. so thank you thank you thank you!!!
I agree completely!

10-15-10, 01:12 PM   #12
LilRuub
A Kobold Labourer
I want to Thank Carbonite also

Like sctprog, I also registered just to say thank you to the developers of Carbonite. I submitted a donation as soon as I saw the post from the developers that they were going to release an update and their quick response with a BETA version was phenomenal. Please accept my sincerest thanks for this Addon that (as other posts have stated) has no equal. Having to go back to the original mini-map and going to the quest log for locations was painful. The only downside I've ever encountered with this addon is that once the guys I play with found out I was using "such a high-end addon", they expected better performance. Unfortunately they still don't follow me when I try to tell them which way to go so what can you do.

One last thing, please accept my deepest apologies for the comments from some of the people here on the forums. While I understand that you are trying very hard to put out a quality product, some other don't understand the nature of programing and BETA testing. There are many of us that truly appreciate your dedication. Thank you.

10-15-10, 02:37 PM   #13
JoeSchmuck
A Defias Bandit
Well I could type some of the same stuff that was said above, but I wont. So just know that I agree with most every post above mine. I contemplated not playing WOW without carbonite, instead, i logged on and stood in Dalaran for many hours cause I couldnt figure out where to go or what to do without Carbonite showing me the way. I quickly contemplated downloading another 'waytracker' add-on but decided i didnt want to take the time to learn a new one...i was spoiled with how carbonite worked....i knew it, it was familiar like a nice old comfy blankie. oh i love my blankie.

Anyways, before i get flamed or trolled...Thanks alot from a die hard carbonite fan.

10-15-10, 02:43 PM   #14
Tak_667
A Defias Bandit
I feel the same way. sadly I don't have a lot of $$$. Disability means I play on a weak spec laptop, and I'm lucky to be here at all. $685 a month doth not a lifestyle make.

BUT I still managed to send five bucks and will from now on when the full versions come out. Like a lot of us I was ignoring the donate button, thinking about the bills and saying, "next time I will, I PROMISE". But it was always "next time" Jam yesterday, and jam tomorrow, but never jam today.

Well, I've had Carbonite since I started, I tried to play without, and as far as I'm concerned no Carbonite=no WoW. So If I can live on what I live on and still find some money for the Devs, NOBODY who can afford a WoW account has an excuse.

These people are doing a lot more to make WoW enjoyable than anyone responsible for 4.0.1 You don't know what you got till its gone people. Lets help keep it here.

10-15-10, 03:10 PM   #15
Dedalus
A Kobold Labourer
More than a hug I would like to slap you to make all of us remember how ugly is the Blizzard map/minimap, but I must admit that you were really fast to try fixing the situation so, really, thanks for all the work done.

10-15-10, 05:11 PM   #16
tecban
A Kobold Labourer
Signed up just to say thank you to the Carbonite developers. Glad to donate to help support the cause.

10-15-10, 05:19 PM   #17
adracamas
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, you guys are at a god-like status with a LOT of people.

10-15-10, 07:46 PM   #18
basicmountain
A Defias Bandit

Talking Win!

One word for the Carbonite team. WOOT! and thanks for getting the addon back up. Reading the posts on the public forums was starting to get depressing. Ya guys rock and ya know it. A ton of the WoW community uses your addon and refuse to play without it. I can tell you I don't use it so much for questing but for farming, and believe me, the other options (Gatherer) was nothin but a pain to use. The routing option is unique to Carbonite and it makes it so much easier and faster to farm the mats I'm lookin for with it. Ya'll earn every dime and more of what is donated. I'll be sure to be donating to Carbonite as its an addon that makes farming easy and questing just as easy. Thanks ya'll for putting together such a win product.

10-15-10, 07:52 PM   #19
cavelupum
A Murloc Raider
Yes, thank you....I really missed a lot carbonite these days. Unfortunately I can not donate so much, but my $20 I contributed and will do so at each upgrade.

Originally Posted by chococat View Post
i completely agree! i've just sent in a donation of $50 and will send more in the future.
and i'll admit that like many others i just about died when i saw carbonite not working after the patch. for days, i couldn't eat, i couldn't sleep, i couldn't play wow... until that fateful day i see the long awaited post... an update! i couldn't stop smiling

i love this banana dude btw!

10-15-10, 08:25 PM   #20
Mysfit
A Murloc Raider
Thanks a lot, I just made another donation to the cause. I hope eveyone else who was so worried and wanted the addon so bad makes a donation as well. I know you well deserve it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » I want to thank you Carbinite.