03-29-08, 08:59 PM   #1
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In Game Chat Settings Not Saving

Anyone else run into this?
On your General chat tab I always turn off all the NPC speech, whispers, loot, skill ups and rep, cause I do not like them cluttering up my chat area.

So since the 2.4 patch, I have to set these settings anew each time you log in. Anyone else with this issue?

At first I thought it was an addon causing it, but I have since deleted my WTF and Addons folder and begun over with everything. I first tested these settings w/o installing any addons, so I know now its a game issue, not an addon at least.

Thoughts, ideas? Thanx guys.
03-29-08, 09:11 PM   #2
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

I've noticed that some files in my WTF folder were in "read only". I haven't investigated AT ALL, so I don't know if the chat settings problems (that I also had) have been fixed after I removed "read only", I don't know exactly which files were read only, why they were, etc etc...
I know nothing, but check your WTF folder, and maybe it's nothing more that
03-29-08, 09:12 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Absolutely. There's been post after post regarding this issue over at the WoW Bug Fourm.

I really wish they would fix this.. it's more than irritating!
03-29-08, 09:15 PM   #4
ReverendD

Thanx Silenia. I rarely peruse the WoW forums. I will keep an eye on this.
03-29-08, 09:30 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should read the tech forum on Tuesday mornings (when the servers are down for maint)... the posts are a hoot! It's a good read with morning coffee
03-29-08, 10:14 PM   #6
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Ah but does anyone have a solution? It sounds like the setting ARE saved, just not APPLIED on login.
03-29-08, 10:34 PM   #7
Willowy
A Kobold Labourer
That does seem to be correct; if you do a reloadui after log in, it appears to apply the settings you have chosen for that session, but not until then. The combat log, however, does not sort itself so easily.
03-30-08, 05:23 AM   #8
ReverendD

I thought maybe we could hard code the settings in the chat-cache.txt file, but when I went through it, I could not even find any entry for the loot, whisper, etc settings. Maybe if we new the naming of those settings we could put them in manually?
03-30-08, 10:42 PM   #9
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9-2.4.0.1.html
03-31-08, 05:04 AM   #10
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

It reminds me of the bug in an old patch where ChatFrame1 didn't load perfectly for some reason (I can't really remember exactly what this bug was), and people used an addon to fix that :<

There's some déjà-vu feeling here, but I fail at remembering the details
03-31-08, 06:27 AM   #11
ReverendD

Originally Posted by Layrajha View Post
It reminds me of the bug in an old patch where ChatFrame1 didn't load perfectly for some reason (I can't really remember exactly what this bug was), and people used an addon to fix that :<

There's some déjà-vu feeling here, but I fail at remembering the details
Ya, I recall that as well. I beleive it was pre 2.0 wasnt it?

Thanks Tek. Downloaded and ready to go.
03-31-08, 06:35 AM   #12
maisseigh
A Kobold Labourer
Lf...

I am looking for a good UI...any ideas??
I am so sick of the classic WoW look but want to use lightheaded and TomTom!!
03-31-08, 06:40 AM   #13
ReverendD

Originally Posted by maisseigh View Post
Wow, thread hijack.

Check here... http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat28.html
03-31-08, 08:21 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by maisseigh View Post
In the future, please create a new thread instead of hijacking the topic of a completely different thread.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » In Game Chat Settings Not Saving