11-01-14, 02:25 AM   #1
Louisa Bannon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Donate to Rythal - Support Carbonite Development

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...te.html#donate

There seemed to be some confusion about this and whether a Paypal option existed. So that's where to go to donate to the project, and yes it is a Paypal link.

Rythal is not necessarily a fast developer. But I think his development of Carbonite has been praiseworthy and helped to take the project in a new more easily maintained direction. Of course, nobody can anticipate all the fool things Blizzard will do on their side of the equation when they break addons all over the place. People like Rythal are good enough to soldier on and make the needed changes as they can. I believe that if Rythal decides he can no longer support this project that he will find the means to pass it on to someone willing to step up and take it over.

So please stop with the negative posts.

It's demoralizing to all of us when anyone distracts Rythal from his development with those bad vibes. If the way things are going makes you angry, please realize that such an emotional response simply means that you actually care about this project and that you need to support it instead of trying to yank the chain of the ONE person developing it.

These are just my opinions. I don't know Rythal or have anything to do with this project except for being a happy user of the addon.

Good health and happiness to you all.

11-02-14, 10:12 AM   #2
WyzrdX
A Defias Bandit
Cool

Well said. I myself wish the development were faster but I also know that I will be using it when it is done and I would prefer it be done right instead of rushed.

For those who are complaining please remember,

1. Unless you are a developer you have no clue what it takes to do this kind of work. Especially if you are alone and have a real job to tend to.

2. If you are a developer, the license is GPL so take the source and lend a hand instead of complaining or GTFO.

Those of us who have used Carbonite since the days of paid add-ons would sincerely request that those who never had to pay to use this or any other add-on just consider what you spend on apps for your smart phone or tablet. Then consider how much you use them compared to how much you use something like Carbonite.

If you spend $4.99 for a game on your iPhone or Galaxy, and you play it 15 to 20 min per day. Wouldn't it be fair to donate $5 for an add-on as vital to WoW that you use 2 to 3 hours per day?

Just some food for thought.

11-07-14, 07:25 AM   #3
Voltec
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just donated some more

It's been awhile since my first donation - so I just sent him some more.

Carbonite is one of my MUST have plugins - WoW just isn't the same without it!

Thanks for all the hard work!
Matt

11-08-14, 01:21 PM   #4
wmarczak
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for the link. Well worth a donation.

11-12-14, 07:20 PM   #5
scubadiver59
A Murloc Raider
I purchased the old version when they were charging, and I've dropped a few donations over time, not to mention the c-note I dropped a week or two ago for all the effort this one man is putting forth.

I wish I understood the programming, and I may buckle down one of these days and learn it, but give the man his due for all the extra time he puts in if you can afford it.

Consider it a tip for service well rendered--it will pay off eventually and we'll all have the program we love so well back up and running!!!

11-15-14, 10:06 AM   #6
Mysfit
A Murloc Raider
I did last week well worth the money for what he does.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Donate to Rythal - Support Carbonite Development