02-12-08, 01:48 AM   #1
Falcon213
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Way to see my previous file comments?

I left a comment for a mod not too long ago, but I cannot remember what it is, and I know that I was awaiting a reply. I tried going to my profile and hitting "view all posts by this member", but that came up with no searches.

I've learned my lesson and I favorite them now, but is there a way to see this?

I didn't download it at the time either, so searching recent downloads doesn't work.
02-12-08, 01:54 AM   #2
srcwiz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Falcon213 View Post
I left a comment for a mod not too long ago, but I cannot remember what it is, and I know that I was awaiting a reply. I tried going to my profile and hitting "view all posts by this member", but that came up with no searches.

I've learned my lesson and I favorite them now, but is there a way to see this?

I didn't download it at the time either, so searching recent downloads doesn't work.
Couldn't you use the Forum Search function to find the post?

hmm, no, it seems that this is your first post judging from the post-number below your name.

it seems that some of the older articles are wiped clean since the server-change.

It might be easier if you just ask people for help on the name and download site of the addon, I think

or restates the question of the previous post.

I am sure people here would not mind to help again

cheers!!
02-12-08, 02:06 AM   #3
Falcon213
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No, the post was after the change, I'm sure of it. I think the problem is that forum posts and file comments are handled differently, so I cannot search for the comment using the forum search. A file comment I left today shows that I have 3 total file comments, so while this may be my second forum post, I have more than that total.
02-12-08, 02:06 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
He's referring to "comments" posted on the download page of a specific mod, not a post on a thread.

I'm not sure if that's currently possible, but something we can look at possibly adding if it isn't. Dolby can confirm one way or the other if it's already available.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-12-08, 02:12 AM   #5
Falcon213
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
He's referring to "comments" posted on the download page of a specific mod, not a post on a thread.

I'm not sure if that's currently possible, but something we can look at possibly adding if it isn't. Dolby can confirm one way or the other if it's already available.
Thank you. Here's to hoping.
10-29-08, 06:36 AM   #6
Ahm
A Fallenroot Satyr
I was about to ask this same question so I thought I'd just revitalize this thread. Any new news on this? As is, it is quite difficult to follow-up on file comments and people do frequently use them to discuss ideas and ask questions.
07-20-09, 01:25 AM   #7
shdwphnx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This thread has been dead and buried for a while, but I think the question deserves a resurrection.

Any news on this?
07-20-09, 11:54 AM   #8
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Its dead because the feature has been added. You can now search on your comments. Just find 1 comment you made and click your name and choose "Find More Posts by ______". Its been there for awhile now. Yes I'm talking about the file comment system.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...usrcmnts=49978

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Way to see my previous file comments?