10-16-10, 01:37 PM   #201
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by QuestorWI View Post
You are correct that that would violate Blizzard's policy but if memory serves wasn't it Carbonites pay system and ingame ads that caused Blizzard to go ape **** and implement the current UI Addon Development Policy in the first place?
Blizzard announced the policy change about 15 months after Carbonite went on sale and others were selling leveling guide addons before we sold an addon.

Originally Posted by QuestorWI View Post
As to my continued support of the Dev's of this addon since this is the only addon out of the 53 (having lost my right arm to the cancer I depend heavily on macros and addons) I use that as of the time of this post which has not been updated I doubt I will do so in the future.
If you look in the Carbonite bug forum, you can see the stickies of the beta releases.
4.0001 released 10-14-2010, 09:39 PM.
4.0002 released 10-15-2010, 01:04 AM.
4.0003 released 10-15-2010, 01:37 AM.
4.0004 released 10-15-2010, 04:59 PM.
4.0005 released 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM.

10-16-10, 01:51 PM   #202
beastnh
A Defias Bandit
I have loved Carbonite since the first day I tried it and I cry when it breaks and I know they will get it working again :P

I have donated a few times during the course of my usuage and will continue to donate since I have used Carbonite for such a long time I cant imagine WoW without it LOL.

Keep up the great work

10-16-10, 02:14 PM   #203
Kleyemax
A Defias Bandit
First off, ty to both of the devs working on this addon. You have done a job that far excedes what should be reasonably demanded.

To those who donate to QQ when your MAJESTIES lives are shattered to pieces because your carbonite devs are not doing as you wish, I say grow up.
Do you even know what a donation is? Its a gift. Its not paying for a service or buying stock in the corperation, its simply a gift.

Gift: something voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gift)

Maybe it needs to be explained a little more to you. If you like the addon and decide to donate, good for you and Im sure it will go a long way for future updates. Your gift does not require them to make furthur updates, nor does it require them to make you happy. So, when a new WoW update crashes carbonite, don't jump on the "i have been donating for XX years, so fix it yesterday" train. That assumes they owe you something, when in reality (and by definition) they owe you nothing. So, sit back, relax and be patient. Or instead you could continue to B**ch soo much that the devs get tired of the stress and carbonite is no more. At this point, we will all expect you to jump in and take over developement of the addon, since it was your BIG mouths that brought its end. This just seems to be the inevitable conclussion to all this. Blizzard doesnt have to force carbonite to retire, as idiots with big mouths will do that themselves.

Again, to all who worked on the addon to make it useable for 4.0.1, thank you. To all who donated and didnt use it as an excuse to be a complete tool, thank you as well.

Last edited by Kleyemax : 10-16-10 at 02:16 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb in Cataclysm *CONFIRMED*