04-24-20, 10:36 PM   #1
Cheekything
A Defias Bandit
Player/ Raid Member Dungeon X/Y position

I've been fixing up the seemingly abandoned Dungeon Maps addon. As I like the Dungeon Maps from retail.

I'm trying to make it so that in addition to showing the maps, I can display the raid/party/players on the maps itself.

I'm using Leatrix Maps as a bit a of a reference guild, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the X/Y postitions for players yet.

I am mostly running scripts in game to save on the opening and closing of the game to reload /update the addons.

I found this "GetPlayerMapPosition()", but I can't get it to print anything but "nil" in game right now while in a dungeon.

I'm quite new to LUA, and addons in general in WoW, so I apologise if I've made some stupid mistake.
04-24-20, 10:53 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Player positions are unavailable inside instances.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...rn-to-karazhan

Addons can no longer access the positions for player, party, and raid members in instances.
This Patch 7.1 change is a part of Classic, since Classic has been forked from an 8.1 version of the game.

Last edited by Kanegasi : 04-24-20 at 10:55 PM.
04-24-20, 11:22 PM   #3
Cheekything
A Defias Bandit
Ah well that explains that thank you very much.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » Player/ Raid Member Dungeon X/Y position