02-27-21, 07:27 PM   #1
timpoole247
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
raid wide dialog box

I am currently trying to make an addon very similar to a ready check. I have so far managed to get the popup to display on my screen with a simple yes / no option, but how do I get this to popup for everyone in my group/raid? I have got the player names and group id number of everyone I just cant figure out how to then send them the actual popup. It's getting late now so I need to take a break, but would I be correct in thinking I need to register an event and listener for the windows to appear group wide? Any help would be much appreciated.
02-27-21, 08:37 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I know you cannot place a UI element on someone elses screen remotely.

If your addon is creating the raid wide dialog box, all people in the raid will need to have the addon installed to have the dialog box appear on their screen.

The raid leader would then activate the call to show the frame and the addon will wait for a response and relay the command to all people with the addon.

Those with the addon would then receive the command and the addon will respond to a receipt of that command by carrying out the appropriate request. And then send any response back to the addon as needed.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » raid wide dialog box