View Poll Results: Which popular softdrink of the two do you prefer?
Coca-Cola 60 63.16%
Pespi Cola 35 36.84%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

05-02-09, 12:10 PM   #1
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Coca-Cola or Pepsi [Explain Briefly]

Coca-Cola
Pepsi

Yes, it's one of the internet's oldest debate: Coke or Pepsi? I thought I'd like to hear the opinion of my fellow WoWI's on which of the two popular softdrink beverages you prefer.

If you post why you think one is better, don't just say something thoughtless like "**** r0xzorz mai b0xzorz!!111eleven11!!", ok? Put some thought in it, even if it's just "Well, I just think **** tastes better.".
05-02-09, 12:18 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Pepsi

Coke has a tendency to leave a bad taste/residue in your mouth :/

Not to mention constantly seeing sites and magazine articles like this: http://www.wisebread.com/51-uses-for...-ultimate-list
05-02-09, 12:23 PM   #3
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Pepsi

Coke has a tendency to leave a bad taste/residue in your mouth :/

Not to mention constantly seeing sites and magazine articles like this: http://www.wisebread.com/51-uses-for...-ultimate-list
Actually, did you know Coca-Cola's first intentional use was a medicine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola claimed to be a cure for many diseases back then, so I'm not surprised if some one tried to use it to get something like grease stains out.

Besides, Pepsi is a Cola too, so in theory, it should be able to get the same grease stains out, too

EDIT: Looking back at that link you gave me, I think there's a lot of things there that speak in favor of Coke, rather than against it. Just because it can clean the rust off your bike chain doesn't mean it'll kill you, it even says towards the bottom that there are stronger acids in your stomach than in Coke.
EDIT2: I agree with you saying it leaves a bad taste/residue in your mouth, but only if you drink it warm. My Coke has to be ice cold or I can't drink it. I have friends drink it warm and I don't get them at all. That's like drinking warm beer, like the English do.

Last edited by PerfectH : 05-02-09 at 12:34 PM.
05-02-09, 12:20 PM   #4
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, I personally voted for Coke because I've been a long time fan of the Coca-Cola company. I've been drinking Coke as long as I can remember.

Coca-Cola is one of the original Cola soft drinks so I think that enough should win my vote as best Cola beverage.

However, I dislike Pepsi because when I used to watch TV, I saw a lot of ads for Pepsi and they always made me angry. Why? Because (this may sound corny) they often used sex appeal to sell their drinks! You know if they have top female celebrities and models selling their product, you know at least the men are going to buy it, especially the young teenagers who are just hitting puberty and are taking a higher notice in girls. Doesn't seem right to me, even though Pepsi isn't the only one who does this.

Another thing I don't like about Pepsi's ads is the fact that half the time it seems they also compare themselves to Coca-Cola, literally saying between the two, Pepsi is the best choice, and if you disagree then you're stupid. I really hope people do have their own opinion and not just what the media tells them to think.

What I do like about the Coca-Cola ads is that from what I remember, it always seems to be about have a good time and just to have a cold refreshing drink on a hot day, or if it's close to the Holiday season, drinking Coca-Cola with fuzzy polar bears or Santa.

I'm not saying Coca-Cola has never used sexual appeal to sell their products, but to be fair, I think (from what I recall) Pepsi takes the cake on that aspect. I remember seeing in antique shops some really nice Coca-Cola pin-up calendars, very cool 1950's vintage stuff. However, I'd never buy a poster of Britney Spears holding a can of Pepsi, even if I did like Pepsi.

/sigh, okay that's one man's opinion, I'd like to hear from the rest of you now, please!
05-02-09, 12:24 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think that is a trend in all markets. Plain and simple, sex sells. The company that can get away with the most audio/visual sexual suggestiveness in their adds will ultimately cash in is my theory.
05-02-09, 12:29 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
My mom prefers Pepsi, so we always had Pepsi growing up. In high school, I started drinking Coke off and on, and in college I switched to Diet Coke. I can't stand Diet Pepsi, and both Pepsi and regular Coke are too sweet for me now. Though, if I had to pick between regular Pepsi or regular Coke (ex, poll above) I pick Coke.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-02-09, 12:29 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just did a little digging on Coca-cola and found this interesting statement.

In that first year of production Pemberton made only $50, yet he had spent over $70 in production and marketing.
If only it was still possible to fully produce/market a product for $70
05-02-09, 12:32 PM   #8
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Just did a little digging on Coca-cola and found this interesting statement.

If only it was still possible to fully produce/market a product for $70
He only made $50 in a year?! Holy crap...
So if it cost him $70 to make $50 worth of Coke he got burnt really bad. I'm surprised he didn't suffer from recession and gave up on the product altogether.
05-02-09, 12:33 PM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Definitely Coke for me. Been around the longest and I like most of their subsidiary products (Sprite, Minute Maid, Fruitopia, etc.) as well. I find Pepsi has a strange aftertaste... it always reminds me of aspartame.

Just to add to some history and folklore on Coke, check out Snopes Cokelore here.

05-02-09, 12:39 PM   #10
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
Definitely Coke for me. Been around the longest and I like most of their subsidiary products (Sprite, Minute Maid, Fruitopia, etc.) as well. I find Pepsi has a strange aftertaste... it always reminds me of aspartame.

Just to add to some history and folklore on Coke, check out Snopes Cokelore here.
If I go to a restaurant that doesn't serve Coke, I settle for a Mug Root Beer. But if I had to choose between Mug and Barqs, I'd go with Barqs.

Ever notice this: Crush (Pepsi's Orange Soda) and Mug (Pepsi's Root Beer) contain no caffeine, however, Sunkist (Coke's Orange Soda) and Barq's (Coke's Root Beer) does have caffeine. I wonder why that is. Caffeine makes it taste better anyways :P
05-02-09, 12:30 PM   #11
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I think that is a trend in all markets. Plain and simple, sex sells. The company that can get away with the most audio/visual sexual suggestiveness in their adds will ultimately cash in is my theory.
It's really sad if you think about it.

Come to think of it, Blizzard AND Coke are guilty of this. Ever seen that Chinese Coke-WoW commercial? I'm not sure if they meant to pass it off as subtle sex appeal, but I'm sure a lot of people probably think that...
05-02-09, 05:22 PM   #12
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola by far.

I grew up drinking Coke, can't stand the taste of Pepsi.
I also drink Coca-Cola daily, it's like a drug, I'm addicted to it.
And yeah, I know Coca-Cola used to have a drug in it.
05-03-09, 06:44 AM   #13
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
Pros and Cons

I think they both have their good and their bad.

I voted for Coke, because I like it quite a bit more and there is an addictive quality to it.

I find Coke gives an odd after taste, rather, more of a coating on your tongue and teeth, while don't feel an after taste from Pepsi. I find part of the addiction for Coke is the after taste goes away if you have more. I also think Coke is smooth texture-wise, while Pepsi has more "bite".

Now between their diet counterparts, I choose Diet Pepsi. Not sure why, just seems to taste better than Diet Coke. And I prefer the Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi over Diet Pepsi for taste, even though it's without caffeine.
05-03-09, 12:36 PM   #14
Taryble
A Molten Giant

WayfarerOmega must be a Texan.

I prefer Dr. Pepper to Coke or Pepsi, but of the two, I prefer Coca-Cola.

Especially since I can go to most corner stores and buy a half-liter of Coca-Cola, in a green glass bottle, made with real sugar. I <3 Mexi-Cokes.

Also, what's known as Dublin Dr. Pepper is locally available - Dr. Pepper made at the original facility in Dublin, TX, with pure Imperial Cane Sugar.

Yes, I'm proud to be Texan. ;-)
05-09-09, 05:49 AM   #15
txamethyst
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
WayfarerOmega must be a Texan.

I prefer Dr. Pepper to Coke or Pepsi, but of the two, I prefer Coca-Cola.

Especially since I can go to most corner stores and buy a half-liter of Coca-Cola, in a green glass bottle, made with real sugar. I <3 Mexi-Cokes.

Also, what's known as Dublin Dr. Pepper is locally available - Dr. Pepper made at the original facility in Dublin, TX, with pure Imperial Cane Sugar.

Yes, I'm proud to be Texan. ;-)
since i'm diabetic i drink coke zero, never could get to like the sugar free pepsi products even though pre-diagnosis i preferred pepsi over coke.

dublin dr pepper is an occasional thing though, a local fast food restaurant has it in their soda machines.
05-03-09, 02:06 PM   #16
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Although I prefer my ever present Sweet Tea or coffee, I always keep a 2 liter of Coke around. Never cared much for the taste of Pepsi and it just doesn't give me that "sugar punch" I enjoy from Coke. Speaking of discontinued pops, anyone remember the Diet Vanilla Pepsi? GREATEST SODA EVER! I loved that stuff! I am not a fan at all of diet soda's but that stuff was super yummy! All of a sudden I couldn't find anymore, another one of Pepsi's teasers I suppose.

05-09-09, 06:22 AM   #17
Recluse
A Cliff Giant

Well, of the two, I prefer Pepsi. For me Coke burns too much when consumed (carbonation), and goes flat faster than Pepsi, and this is my only reasoning between the two. Pepsi is smoother and keeps fresh longer.

BUT - neither of these two are anywhere near the top of my list of favorite beverages. Number one for me is warm Dr. Pepper, hands down. If it's a raid night, put a little 151 in mine, please.
05-19-09, 09:31 AM   #18
Bri-an
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool

COCA COLA CAFFEIENE NEED IT CAFFEIENE NEED IT NEED IT NEED IT

no, lol
05-19-09, 07:33 PM   #19
Ambrya
Premium Member
Premium Member
Coke. Pepsi is too sweet and not..."spicy" enough. I like a little burn in my soda.

Of course, the quality of Coke also varies depending on where you get it.

McDonald's Fountain Coke > Any other fountain Coke > Coke in glass bottle > Coke in plastic bottle > Coke in cans

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Coca-Cola or Pepsi [Explain Briefly]