02-16-09, 07:27 AM   #1
Jayhawk
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Options for an AddOn?

Most addons nowadays have their options as part of the Interface options (Esc » Interface » Addons) This shows the list with the addons on the left and a pane next to it showing options for the relevant addon. Some more advanced addons will show a (+) icon which will give access to further option tabs for that addon. Examples are Combuctor, Overachiever, Omen and Recount.

All these addons use their own logic and addon specific code to -
- build the panels
- add the controls
- build the sub panels
etc.

I am looking for either a guide that explains how to actually write those option pages, or, preferably, a documented library that helps you write them. Tekkub has a little on (tekConfig) but I'm not sure if that's the only way to go.
02-16-09, 07:39 AM   #2
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
http://www.wowace.com/projects/ace3/...ace-config-3-0

There are obviously a bit more complicated things you can do with tables, that will produce better interface results. I would suggest that you take a look at the library's code plus examples in numerous addons utilizing it.
02-16-09, 07:59 AM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Take a look at http://www.wowwiki.com/Using_the_Int...s_Addons_panel
That will allow you to create the panel of which you can create widgets to sit on top.

All documentation can be found here http://www.wowwiki.com/Widget_API

You could also take a look at Portfolio or AceConfig, as they are supposed to make the process of creating options "easier" (although I wouldn't personally advise using them, as there is more to gain doing it manually).
02-21-09, 05:33 PM   #4
Tuhljin
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You can also check out the library I wrote for this, TjOptions, included with most of my addons. It includes instructions in an accompanying text file. (Download the most recent addons for the most recent released version.) It's a work-in-progress, but already does everything most addons need. Even if you decide not to use it yourself, you could check out how it does what it does.
03-03-09, 02:11 AM   #5
Jayhawk
Premium Member

Thanks for the advice =)
Slowly, very slowly getting somewhere...

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Options for an AddOn?