View Poll Results: Which popular softdrink of the two do you prefer?
Coca-Cola 60 63.16%
Pespi Cola 35 36.84%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

05-02-09, 02:55 PM   #21
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Oh diet coke in a can how I love thee, let me count the ways:

I drink it every day (which is bad i should really be drinking more water )
Its crisp and refreshing, its like an ice cold beer to me (beer is gross imo, if i drink its gonna be liquor but thats another thread!) Its just the best drink out there imo. Pepsi is too sweet i think. Doesnt have enough carbonation for me. When I pour my self a glass of coke i can hear it fizz from across the room! Makes for great burps!

COKE 4 LIFE!

DOO DOOO DOO DOO DOO ALWAYS COCA - COLA !!!
quoted for truth

/me huggles Elloria

Are we sisters?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-02-09, 03:27 PM   #22
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
/huggles back We might as well be !
05-02-09, 04:38 PM   #23
Republic
Paladin

I actually like both, but if pressed to choose, I'd say Coke. I have an issue with Pepsi and the way they release/market products. Here in Houston, where I live, several years back, Pepsi released a lemon flavor that I immediately fell in love with. One day, it was gone. I don't know if it's gone completely, or just in this market. Both brands have a lot of flavors that I like and drink regularly (cherry, etc.), but I hate it when a company just drops a product without notice. It seems Pepsi does this more than any other soda company. Maybe it's just me, but they make me angry by doing this kind of thing.

I like lemon/lime in most everything (even beer) but strangely I don't care for Sprite. It's way too sweet for my taste. Anyone else have lemon Pepsi in their area? If I recall correctly, the product was named Pepsi Twist.
05-02-09, 04:41 PM   #24
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Anyone else have lemon Pepsi in their area? If I recall correctly, the product was named Pepsi Twist.
Not good news I'm afraid

"The product appears to be no longer actively marketed and does not appear on the list of brands on Pepsi's official website. Pepsi Twist production was ended in the U.S. during the summer of 2006 however the drink is still available in Malaysia and some other nations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_Twist
05-02-09, 05:02 PM   #25
dafire
Premium Member
I was a coke fan before but some time ago i switched to pepsi (light)

It tastes different but not bad .. and another advantage is that it's at least 30% cheaper (I wouldn't buy the cheaper one if I wouldn't like it just because it's cheaper..)

there are three different kinds of pepsi here... regular pepsi, pepsi light and pepsi max ... the last one is the competitior of coke zero for tough guys that don't drink light products but still want sugarfree drinks .) I remember I saw a twist bottle not long time ago in a market...

someone remembers cherry coke ? or coke vanilla ?

Last edited by dafire : 05-02-09 at 05:05 PM.
05-02-09, 05:06 PM   #26
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

I prefer Coke - Coke Zero to be exact. The regular version, plus any Pepsi product I have ever tried is just way to sweet tasting.
05-02-09, 05:22 PM   #27
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola by far.

I grew up drinking Coke, can't stand the taste of Pepsi.
I also drink Coca-Cola daily, it's like a drug, I'm addicted to it.
And yeah, I know Coca-Cola used to have a drug in it.
05-02-09, 05:28 PM   #28
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Not good news I'm afraid

"The product appears to be no longer actively marketed and does not appear on the list of brands on Pepsi's official website. Pepsi Twist production was ended in the U.S. during the summer of 2006 however the drink is still available in Malaysia and some other nations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_Twist
That's about what I figured. Thanks for the info!
05-02-09, 05:48 PM   #29
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kallieen View Post
I prefer Coke - Coke Zero to be exact. The regular version, plus any Pepsi product I have ever tried is just way to sweet tasting.
Coke Zero is actually really good. It's the only diet soda that doesn't taste like, well, diet soda lol.

Edit: Republic... you're most welcome!
05-02-09, 06:35 PM   #30
bknab
An Aku'mai Servant
Definitely Coke, the thing that I like most is probably that it has more of a "bite." It's also not as sweet, and well, I like the taste better!

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Coke Zero is actually really good. It's the only diet soda that doesn't taste like, well, diet soda lol.
True story! It's the only diet soda I drink.
05-02-09, 07:22 PM   #31
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
One of the best Coke Commercials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieSzsh4hJWI
05-02-09, 08:03 PM   #32
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

lol

Try this on your own car, open a can of Pepsi and dump it on the hood of your car. Wait 10 min then wash it off. Come back here and post what happends to it..
05-03-09, 01:28 AM   #33
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Generally, Diet Coke (Coke Light on my side of the pond). Why? Most regular colas have too much sugar for me. Also, to me, Pepsi/Diet Pepsi generally has a flat taste on my tongue. Maybe it's a result of growing up in a household of Coke drinkers.

I do drink other Pepsico products such as Mountain Dew (when I can find it) and Gatorade.
05-03-09, 03:46 AM   #34
WayfarerOmega
A Murloc Raider
I prefer Dr. Pepper over both Coke and Pepsi, particularly since I can get a variant made with pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. If I have to choose between Coke or Pepsi then I go with Coke because it simply tastes better to me but I try to limit myself to one soft drink a week and, as I said, I'd prefer it be Dr. Pepper.
05-03-09, 04:06 AM   #35
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Diet Coke, and ever so often Dr. Pepper.
05-03-09, 06:44 AM   #36
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
Pros and Cons

I think they both have their good and their bad.

I voted for Coke, because I like it quite a bit more and there is an addictive quality to it.

I find Coke gives an odd after taste, rather, more of a coating on your tongue and teeth, while don't feel an after taste from Pepsi. I find part of the addiction for Coke is the after taste goes away if you have more. I also think Coke is smooth texture-wise, while Pepsi has more "bite".

Now between their diet counterparts, I choose Diet Pepsi. Not sure why, just seems to taste better than Diet Coke. And I prefer the Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi over Diet Pepsi for taste, even though it's without caffeine.
05-03-09, 12:36 PM   #37
Taryble
A Molten Giant

WayfarerOmega must be a Texan.

I prefer Dr. Pepper to Coke or Pepsi, but of the two, I prefer Coca-Cola.

Especially since I can go to most corner stores and buy a half-liter of Coca-Cola, in a green glass bottle, made with real sugar. I <3 Mexi-Cokes.

Also, what's known as Dublin Dr. Pepper is locally available - Dr. Pepper made at the original facility in Dublin, TX, with pure Imperial Cane Sugar.

Yes, I'm proud to be Texan. ;-)
05-03-09, 02:06 PM   #38
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Although I prefer my ever present Sweet Tea or coffee, I always keep a 2 liter of Coke around. Never cared much for the taste of Pepsi and it just doesn't give me that "sugar punch" I enjoy from Coke. Speaking of discontinued pops, anyone remember the Diet Vanilla Pepsi? GREATEST SODA EVER! I loved that stuff! I am not a fan at all of diet soda's but that stuff was super yummy! All of a sudden I couldn't find anymore, another one of Pepsi's teasers I suppose.

05-03-09, 02:14 PM   #39
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by WayfarerOmega View Post
I prefer Dr. Pepper over both Coke and Pepsi, particularly since I can get a variant made with pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. If I have to choose between Coke or Pepsi then I go with Coke because it simply tastes better to me but I try to limit myself to one soft drink a week and, as I said, I'd prefer it be Dr. Pepper.
I love Dr Pepper, however I have not had it years as you can't find it in Italy. Too bad.

My normal caffeine intake is usually coffee out of my beat up old moka pot (something found in just about every Italian household). It's good stuff and gets my caffeine levels out of the Red Zone.
05-03-09, 02:33 PM   #40
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Some of my cousins are already fighting over who gets our Grandma's old, beat up espresso pot...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Coca-Cola or Pepsi [Explain Briefly]