Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-20-09, 09:35 PM   #1
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Flash based game UI.

Was just reading an article on our sister site and it looks like Jumpgate Evolution is going to have a flash based UI. I guess I'm not that familiar with flash and wondering what kinda limitations it would have versus just going blizzards way?

Any one here a flash and lua expert?

ZAM: From what we saw, the User Interface looked really customizable and like you guys had spent a lot of time polishing it and getting it ready for players to enjoy. What kind of support will you guys give the UI community and the UI modders?

Scott: We built it with the goal of letting people mod the UI. There's still a little bit more work to do that, so I don't know if it'll be ready at launch, but all of our UI is built in flash. This is with the idea that anybody can build something with Flash and put it in the game. Now, there are problems, for example, if you do certain things in flash that might cause the game to perform really slowly. We've still got to figure out how to educate people or how we verify this so that you don't make a mod that I download and my game experience is destroyed. We want it to be easier than that. I think that there will be some work to do, but the goal is that, eventually, people will be able to, using Flash, make their own UI.
Article: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=18078

Last edited by Dolby : 05-20-09 at 09:39 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Flash based game UI.