04-27-11, 11:49 AM   #1
lordkarthas
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LDB addon for Call To Arms

Is anyone working on an LDB addon that displays which classes are currently rewarded by the Call To Arms in heroic dungeons? I looked into the API calls the Dungeon Finder uses, but I'm having trouble getting LDB playing nice with AceAddon. Something like this shouldn't be very difficult for a more experienced addon author.

It looks like the function that checks which roles get rewards is GetLFGRoleShortageRewards. It takes as parameters the dungeon ID (301 for Random Cataclysm Heroic, 341 for Random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic), and the shortage index (1 to LFG_ROLE_NUM_SHORTAGE_TYPES (which is 3)).

The first return value, a boolean, seems to be whether or not you are eligible to queue for this dungeon. On a level 85 with sufficient item level, it is true for both sets of randoms, and on a lower level character, it is false. I don't have any level 85s with lower gear levels to check what happens if you don't meet the minimum item level.

The next three return values specify which of the roles this result pertains to. It seems like only one will be true at a time.

The next return value is the number of item rewards. It is 0 if this role will receive no additional rewards, and 1 if this role will recieve a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries.

The last two return values seem to always be zero, but they suggest that the Call To Arms system could be expanded in the future to include lower level dungeons.

eligible, forTank, forHealer, forDamage, itemCount, money, xp = GetLFGRoleShortageRewards(dungeonID, shortageIndex)

There's also a function to get more details on the item(s) rewarded by the Call To Arms.

name, texture, numItems = GetLFGDungeonShortageRewardInfo(dungeonID, shortageIndex, rewardIndex)

Last edited by lordkarthas : 04-27-11 at 11:54 AM.
04-27-11, 04:05 PM   #2
Panna
A Kobold Labourer

This would make my day.
04-28-11, 10:19 AM   #3
lordkarthas
An Aku'mai Servant
More information:
If the first return value (eligible) is false, it doesn't seem to tell you whether or not there is a Call To Arms active. The first return value seems to be false if you are in a group not created by the Dungeon Finder.
04-28-11, 03:50 PM   #4
lordkarthas
An Aku'mai Servant
Okay, I managed to write a basic addon for this.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...allToArms.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LDB addon for Call To Arms