03-01-13, 05:33 AM   #1
capwill73
A Murloc Raider
Angry Carbonite Channel Sendchat failed message

Hey Guys,
I have been recently getting a crazy message that keeps on coming up in my chat box over and over again. It is Carbonite Channel Sendchat failed and then these numbers 53 27 31 37 37 39 37 34 38 32 36 62 61 44 7d 2e 37 64 31 30 23 26 24 8f 5f. I have tried to reset my UI but it still comes back and I have logged off and logged back on and it still comes back. Can you tell me if there is a way to correct this.

03-01-13, 05:43 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried disabling all other addons and see if the problem remains?

Does it look like this? :~

03-01-13, 09:49 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
when that appears, it's not carbonite... it's carbonite reporting that blizzards Sendchat call failed, it could be because your in to many channels, or the channel is moderated so you can't post, or password protected, some servers like to screw with carbonite chat channels to disable the punk detection system. i do agree it needs to be more in plain english of why it failed, instead of just hex codes.

03-01-13, 05:16 PM   #4
capwill73
A Murloc Raider
Angry

I went and disabled all of my addons and only turned on Carbonite and it still came up with that error so something is going crazy with Carbonite.

03-01-13, 05:38 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Disabling addons doesn't automatically leave any custom channels they might have joined.

Do a /chatlist in-game and check for any channels you're not using / need.
Then /leave x (where x is the channelnumber)

There's a limit of 10 channels joined, if you have reached it that might be your issue.

03-01-13, 06:03 PM   #6
capwill73
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

I checked and it is only show me being in 4 channels and it seems to be only happening on a toon that I play a lot like my main toon which is a monk because I got on my other toons and they are fine.

03-01-13, 06:11 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'm betting someone has "squelched" the channel, when you did the /chanlist what channels showed up

03-01-13, 06:21 PM   #8
capwill73
A Murloc Raider
Smile

Well I turned off the one part of carbonite that was sending me information about where people were finding herbs and ore and that seems to maybe have fixed that problem

03-01-13, 07:15 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
>< there is no part of carbonite that tells you where people found ore or herbs.

03-01-13, 08:58 PM   #10
LarryGatlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by capwill73 View Post
Well I turned off the one part of carbonite that was sending me information about where people were finding herbs and ore and that seems to maybe have fixed that problem
it sounds like Gatherer addon

Last edited by LarryGatlin : 03-02-13 at 02:56 PM.

03-02-13, 06:32 AM   #11
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by LarryGatlin View Post
it sounds like Gather addon
yup, its Gatherer

03-02-13, 07:43 AM   #12
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
>< there is no part of carbonite that tells you where people found ore or herbs.
Sigh... I wish that was a feature of Carb....

03-02-13, 08:55 AM   #13
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Sigh... I wish that was a feature of Carb....
you could use the Gather function under "Guide" in carbonite. it shows you where u can find the herbs or anything else.

03-02-13, 09:13 AM   #14
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Caremsis View Post
you could use the Gather function under "Guide" in carbonite. it shows you where u can find the herbs or anything else.
Lol, I know that , but at the moment the database is kind of incomplete.
I'm sure I have nodes recorded that was not in the database import that others would not have found. If Carb could somehow share this new node info then that would be another plus to the features that Carb already boasts.

Dridzt,, does the 10 channel limit include the standard guild/zone/trade channels? Or is it just custom ones...?

03-02-13, 06:19 PM   #15
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Dridzt,, does the 10 channel limit include the standard guild/zone/trade channels? Or is it just custom ones...?
I believe it applies to ChatTypeGroup["CHANNEL"] only so not guild / party / officer / say etc.
Basically anything that's 'channel number - channelname' is included in the 10 channels limit, anything that doesn't is not.
So '1 - General' '2 - Trade' '3 - lfg' '7 - myrpchannel' etc.

08-02-13, 06:35 PM   #16
Ozzee
A Defias Bandit
This worked for me:

1- Go to options
2- Privacy and Com
3- Untick the option "To zone" under "Send position and level ups"

I hope it works for you

08-22-13, 07:20 AM   #17
bossdarcie
A Murloc Raider

Question Carbonite Addon chat fail

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I'm betting someone has "squelched" the channel, when you did the /chanlist what channels showed up
[5. CrbB1] [6. CrbZ6003I1]

I placed a ticket in with blizz b/c I kept getting the same error messages as posted above. They said these are custom channels being created by Carbonite and that they are not functioning properly and I should either disable the addon (HA!) or contact the authors. So I'm contacting my favorite, hoping you can fix this for me. Would you mind explaining to me how I can turn off the custom chat channels because I couldn't find that option in the Carbonite settings. Muchas Gracias.

BossDarcie

08-22-13, 07:41 AM   #18
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by bossdarcie View Post
[5. CrbB1] [6. CrbZ6003I1]

Would you mind explaining to me how I can turn off the custom chat channels because I couldn't find that option in the Carbonite settings.
Originally Posted by Ozzee View Post
This worked for me:

1- Go to options
2- Privacy and Com
3- Untick the option "To zone" under "Send position and level ups"

I hope it works for you

08-22-13, 11:09 AM   #19
bossdarcie
A Murloc Raider

I got it now. Forgive the morning fog.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Channel Sendchat failed message