Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-10-07, 02:26 PM   #1
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Chance to Help Mazzle - The Burning Crusade Button Layouts

It's time to update all of the button layouts with the level 70 spells and abilities. I've taken it upon myself to organize this endeavor for Mazzle, but I cannot do it alone... I need your help!

What we need is updates to the current layouts, with additions of the new spells and abilities.
What we do NOT need is brand new layouts, we are only looking to update the current layouts.

Below is a sample of what I am looking for. Granted, this is a perfect-would-make-me-cream-my-pants example. You don't have to follow the format below, but it makes things easier. (Hint: You can quote this post and the color coding is there for you, all you have to do is change the details.)

Battle Stance
1 Charge
2 Victory Rush
3 Overpower
4 Hamstring
5 Shield Bash
6 Thunder Clap
7 Spell Reflect
8 Mocking Blow
9 Rend

Defensive Stance
1 Intervene
2 Taunt
3 Revenge
4 Shield Block
5 Shield Bash
6 Thunder Clap
7 Spell Reflect
8 Disarm
9 Rend

Berserker Stance
1 Intercept
2 Victory Rush
3 Berserker Rage
4 Hamstring
5 Pummel
6 Whirlwind
7 Empty
8 Empty
9 Empty

Bottom Right Bar
SQ Mortal Stirke/Devastate/Bloodthirst
SE Execute
AQ Heroic Strike
AE Sunder Armor
CQ Cleave
CE Sweeping Strikes/Shield Slam/Rampage
SV Slam
V Concussion Blow/Death Wish
R Bloodrage
SV Last Stand

Shout Bar
A1 Battle Shout*
A2 Demoralizing Shout
A3 Piercing Howl (Talented ability)
A4 Intimidating Shout
A5 Challenging Shout
A6 Commanding Shout*

*I typically swap these two abilities depending on whether or not I'm tanking or doing DPS/PvP.

Everything else in the layout remains unchanged.

The above list includes every single Warrior ability in the spellbook, and all possible talents.
If you leave ANY abilities or talents off of the bars, please make note of them! Go to www.wowhead.com or any other WoW information site and get a list of every spell for your class. Check them off on your layout to make sure you don't miss any.

Lastly, a short description of why you placed certain key abilities on certain key buttons would be nice, if it's something that wouldn't make sense to the average player of your class. For the Warrior example above, I would make the following note:

I put Rend on button 9 because it isn't a very useful ability. The damage it does is pitiful, and it's only real use is to keep Rogues from getting away with Vanish. Arms Warriors that have the Blood Frenzy talent will probably use Rend a lot more than any other Warrior because the bleed debuff increases their damage. However, these Warriors are also most likely to have Deep Wounds, which also applies a bleed debuff for the Blood Frenzy bonus damage.

Why I want these descriptions is because I honestly don't know jack crap about most of the classes. I don't know if the submissions you guys (and gals) are making are any good or not. If you justify your choices to me I'll be able to trust that they're accurate. Like I said, I only need key things pointed out (as my example note says, Rend is actually useful to 1 type of Warrior, so placing on the 9th keybinding might be a bit odd for those Warriors).

Last edited by joypunk : 06-10-07 at 02:29 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Chance to Help Mazzle - The Burning Crusade Button Layouts