06-04-07, 08:20 AM   #1
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Non-Ace mods that need updating...

Was wondering if any folks found any Non-Ace mods (in the Mazzle compilation *only*) that needed to be updated. I haven't located any myself, but I by no means play enough classes to have used and tested every mod in the compilation since 2.1. If you found any that needed updating, post them here and I'll edit this post and add them. Thanks.

*Edit* Mazzle, if this information is duplicated elsewhere, feel free to just nuke this thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods to update (not updatable using WowAce Updater):

Smartbuff:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SmartBuff.html

SmartDebuff:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...artDebuff.html

OmniCC:
**Be sure to delete the old !OmniCC directory before loading the game up after updating**
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...36-OmniCC.html

Advanced Trade Skill Window:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...illWindow.html

KLHThreatMeter:
http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/4204/

SWStats:
http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/2091/

Mods NOT to update (based either on Mazzle's notes or player feedback):

Bongos
Discord Unit Frames
ItemRack (one user reported it caused copious errors, no reports of it working fine)
SuperInspect (one user reported it was fine, one user reported it caused a ton of errors...up to you).

Last edited by Arkive : 06-04-07 at 02:59 PM.
06-04-07, 10:20 AM   #2
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AdvancedTradeSkillWindow has been updated, I found it on ui.worldofwar.net. Also SmartBuff got a update along with its counterpart SmartDebuff (though I still prefer Decursive2). Lets see, oh yeah, KLHThreatMeter has been updated, that one you get at curse-gaming. And SWStats2 has been up dated, also found on curse.

I might have updated some others in there but they don't come to mind right now (oh yeah, superinspectUI, got that from ui.worldofwar.net).
06-04-07, 11:09 AM   #3
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Itemrack OmniCC, and SuperInspect are the only three non-Ace I could not update, besides one that has been discontinued. When i updated those three, i got like.... 5,000+ errors and counting, and I just replaced them with the 1.0 Mazz versions, and everything was fine.
I don't know why they didn't work, I'm still looking into it, but everything else updated fine with no errors.
BTW, some of the mods have changed name slightly, so be a little more open with your searches.
I don't remember where I got ATSW from, but it wasn't worldofwar.
06-04-07, 11:11 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
ATSW is on this site and Curse
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-04-07, 11:18 AM   #5
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thank you Seerah, I was just making mention that i don't use worldofwar. It is a scary place to me. :P
I will try to do a full re-search for you guys and let you know what is discontinued, etc.
Sorry I couldn't remember.

Edit: Forgot to say, I did not, and you should not, update Bongos or DiscordUnitFrames, as stated by Mazz in many threads.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 06-04-07 at 11:30 AM.
06-04-07, 01:57 PM   #6
jenariel
A Murloc Raider
I updated my OmniCC, and it did cause tons of errors. Then I found out they changed the name of the folder and I had in my addons folder twice. the original was !OmniCC the new one was just OmniCC. Once I deleted the original no more erros, hope that helps.
But other than that I have updated everything even bongos. Though I wouldnt tell anyone to, I could be lucky that i have no errors
06-04-07, 02:46 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just remember that Mazzle's Bongos is *heavily* modified. And with the new Bongos you won't be able to mazzify.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-05-07, 03:57 AM   #8
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Seerah
Just remember that Mazzle's Bongos is *heavily* modified. And with the new Bongos you won't be able to mazzify.
Not true..... simply reload your ui (/reloadui) before trying and it works great.
06-05-07, 04:08 AM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What she means is that you won't be able to Mazzify the button layouts. You'll also lose all of the Bongos modifications that let you make changes without losing the placement of your spells.

But if you turn off the button mazzification, it should still go through. If you have to reload your UI manually, that means you got an error and it may have missed steps of the process.

To be honest, there's really no reason to switch any more. If you're one of those mac users who had problems, I would just check one of the mac threads. There's a workaround for that.
06-05-07, 05:25 AM   #10
Trevelyen
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thumbs up

Also updated

Fizzwidget TrackMenu - Sometimes the Icon doesnt come ontop of the UI but if u click it it shows itself.
Fizzwidget Hunt's Helper - No problems that I have found yet
Fizzwidget Disenchant Predictor - Cant Test
King Of The Jungle - No problems yet
Poisoner - Works wonderfully
SpellTips - It seemed okay
Clique - Cant Test

Hope that helps
06-05-07, 09:10 AM   #11
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
As always, make a backup copy of your interface folder before you start updating. It will save you a lot of grief.

That being said, I was able to update everything in Mazzle 1.01 with the following exceptions:

Here is the list of addons in MazzleUI that you do NOT want to update:

Originally Posted by WUU 1.4.320
Bongos
Movable bar framework
MonkeyBuddy
Helps you configure your MonkeyMods. (http://www.toctastic.net/)
MazzleOptions
Add-On that provides an options GUI and FAQ system for Mazzle UI
DiscordLibrary
Common library for all mods by Lozareth.
Mazzifier
Configure and manages add-on settings for MazzleUI
MovableBags
Allows Bags to be moved independantly of each other
!!MazzleUI_Preloader
MazzleUI utility to modify add-ons upon loading to work better fo(...)
DiscordUnitFramesOptions
Provides an options window for Discord Unit Frames.
DiscordUnitFrames
Replaces the self, party, and target frames with much more config(...)
GFW_TrackMenu
Provides a menu for activating and switching tracking skills on t(...)
Cartographer_CorpseWay
Automatic waypoint to your corpse upon death
MazzleUI
Core Add-On for MazzleUI
ColorComboPoints
Show your combo points as colored boxes underneath your character
MonkeyQuest
Displays your quests for quick viewing. (http://www.toctastic.net/)
Do not pick and choose which addons you're going to update. More than likely there is another dependency that needs to be updated at the same time (i.e. Autobar and PeriodicTable 3.0 is a good example). You should be able to safely update every single addon in Mazzle while excluding the above list and still be able to Mazzify without any problems.
06-05-07, 09:25 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think TrackMenu was updated so that it does what Mazzle changed it to do (but there may have been a change I'm not aware of)... Now, TrackMenu is Ace2 based and allows you to change where it's placed on the map, which way the menu opens, and if you want the menu to open on hover or on click.

06-05-07, 09:48 AM   #13
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That's good to know, Seerah, but my list was to show what you could update and still Mazzify without having to manually set/align/touch anything.
06-05-07, 12:50 PM   #14
Trevelyen
A Fallenroot Satyr

In case no one got the word, Bongos got a quick fix from Mazz on the Main Download page.

Enjoi
06-05-07, 03:33 PM   #15
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Couple of items to share my experiences...

With regard to Bongos (I've not tested it with Today's 6/5 patch yet) but up until now I've replaced with the most current version "Bongos2" and I've had no problems with it and MazzleUI.... HOWEVER as Mazz said, you do lose the ability to "Mazzlefy" your UI.

I think Bongos 2 got rid of the issue Mazz was talking about where if you modified a bar location other bars would remove thier skills as I've not seen it happen since I upgraded. In either case there is a great mod called "Simple Action Sets" (which may or may not have come with Mazzle, I can't remember) which will remember all your button placements anyway. Oh you also do lose the 'hotspot' functionality of bongos, but that's a minor point imo.

I've also modified both ItemRack and SuperInspect with no issues that I've seen yet as well as Monkey Quest that someone posted not to update... no issues that I can find with either that I recall.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Non-Ace mods that need updating...