08-20-07, 08:29 PM   #1
neptune13
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Help with Map position and Roll!

Hello all I need a bit of guidance in the vast land of UI's.
I currently use this http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/07/30...the-week-taeo/
I am not sure that by looking at the pic you are familiar with what is running, but I have two things that I personally messed up.

1. I have somehow managed to place the map to the games original position (top right)

2. Have lost the ability to See what rolls people are actually making on loot. Ex. When in group, a drop hits, I see the loot fine and am able to greed and or need...BUT I do not see everyone elses actions in the channel as you would any other time all day long.

FU_Bar is used as well as X-loot, if that helps any.
Thanks guys.
08-21-07, 12:24 AM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gemini_II begins casting Random Text Color on WoWInterface...
Gemini_II hits current thread with GREEN!

I think your loot not showing up in the channel is either because it's filtered (right-click the main chat tab) or maybe Prat is filtering it? I don't use Prat.

For you map question; I don't quite understand. You want to put it back to default or you want to move it? Are you using a minimap mod? If not try Squeenix.

08-21-07, 01:52 AM   #3
Jazradel
An Aku'mai Servant
FuBar (more specifically, Jostle) tends to fubar up a lot of mods that move parts of the default ui. Turn it off and if it moves back, you've found the problem.
08-21-07, 07:58 AM   #4
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
X-Loot is the culprit for not seeing the rolls. Look into its options and check there. Personally, I gave up using the addon and just use the Blizz default, as there is nothing really "wrong" with how it is presented. That's just my preference though.

It looks like that compilation uses Simpleminimap for its minimap addon. Settings should be there for you to look at and change as needed.

If the map was "fine" then was moved, there very well could be another addon interfering with the minimap placement, as suggested. Without knowing specifically what addons are in the compilation (a complete list), we can't really troubleshoot though.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-21-07, 10:13 AM   #5
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

And to prevent future repositions of the minimap, In SimpleMiniMap options check "lockdown" to prevent other mods interfering with the map.

P.S that's a very nice UI you are using, it's a shame I don't have a 37" monitor lying around for its resolution it's set for

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 08-21-07 at 10:15 AM.
08-21-07, 10:41 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
1. Make sure that you did not disable the minimap mod included with the package. If so, re-enable, though you may have to move it again. It's usually as simple as dragging the map. (Right-click on the map to see if you get a menu - make sure the map isn't locked.)

2. In Interface Options there is a checkbox for detailed loot information (I don't remember the exact name of the option). The tooltip tells you what it does. That option is the difference between what you want to see and what you are seeing. I don't believe that XLoot has anything at all to do with it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-21-07, 02:31 PM   #7
neptune13
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Guys!!!

Thank you all you rock, I think that I will remove X-Loot and one more thing, when I click the map there is nothing there to click...I know there was in the beginning but now that it is at the Default position then it does nothing. I will look for more options. Thanks all.
08-21-07, 03:24 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Again. You probably disabled the minimap mod. And I don't have issues with XLoot at all - it's probably that option in Interface Options - did you look there?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-21-07, 04:30 PM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah
Again. You probably disabled the minimap mod. And I don't have issues with XLoot at all - it's probably that option in Interface Options - did you look there?
Agreed. I used XLoot for months with no problems also.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with Map position and Roll!