05-02-09, 09:04 PM   #1
Tithulta
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Bandaging Books why they were removed?!!

I'm really pissed about that particular change. If they hadn't forced us to train at trainer for $$$$ versus the old vendor books/ quest. I still have a few of the books on some character, but not all and it greaves me endlessly to have to pay 9g for learning a bandaging skill.

I don;t remember this specifically mentioned in the Change log.

Can someone enlighten me? Besides Blizz found a new way to remove gold from the game.
05-02-09, 09:13 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

3.1.1 Patch Notes released 4-21-2009: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

Listed under the heading.... Cooking
"You no longer need to learn cooking from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing."

Listed under the heading.... Fishing
"You no longer need to learn fishing from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing."

Listed under the heading.... First Aid
"You no longer need to learn First Aid from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing."

You can always view the Public Test Realm patch notes (when the PTR is up) and view upcoming changes before they go to the live servers. Keep in mind that some things never make it to the live realms.
05-02-09, 10:03 PM   #3
SkyviewGuru
A Murloc Raider
I Agree...

I have to say, I agree.

I thought it was quite a scam to have to pay 40G to learn Netherweave Bandages at the first aid trainer and it used to be 5G, maybe 10G tops, for the manual before . I was supportive of the change until I ran into that snag.
05-03-09, 12:28 AM   #4
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Unhappy

I was leveling a new toon earlier and i was looking at the first aid prices..

Silk bandages 47s
heavy silk bandages 2g 37s ......kind of high price jump an it only get worse from there.

Training for the Expert/Artisan im fine with the prices even though i think some are a bit high. It's just the ridiculous amount they're charging for the individual bandaging skills.

9g 50s( i think) for mageweave or rune cloth forget which.

They should have left the books in game to allow those of us who are cheap to go to vendors and spend time rather than hard earned Gold. Those with tons of Gold can then save time an get their skills from the Trainers.

I think they did this due to making it so much easier to lvl to 70. I guess they expect everyone to farm gold nowdays.
05-03-09, 01:10 AM   #5
Khanon
A Murloc Raider
At least the Heavy Frostweave Bandage book is still a drop...For now.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Bandaging Books why they were removed?!!