12-22-09, 02:33 AM   #1
aleksandyr
A Defias Bandit
Addon compilations using Carbonite?

Hi folks,

I've been using carbonite for some time, love it, paid customer back in the day, etc.

I've never found a UI compilation that works well with Carbonite. They all seem to want to do something with the minimap and it ends up being rather ugly with Carbonite on (for example, I'm using SpartanUI right now and there's a big empty hole in the center bottom of the screen where the minimap was...)

I've tried putting Carbonite in the empty spaces but they're generally far too small and far too circular.

Anyone had luck with this?

12-22-09, 10:20 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I use nUI and a carbonite infopanel. I don't dock the minimap in carb's map, I let nUI handle it. So carb, when minimized, goes in the lower right corner of the screen, and the minimap goes in the lower middle, where IMO it belongs.

You could do the same with SpartanUI, I expect.

12-22-09, 08:43 PM   #3
aleksandyr
A Defias Bandit
I tried that but then I lose the map/minimap integration for herb tracking/quest tracking/etc and I end up missing out on my quests or on my nodes. =/

12-23-09, 10:22 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
<shrug> I've never had a problem with that. Well, not since I got used to where thing are. When I'm herbing, I follow the "crazy arrow" and keep an eye on the minimap for nodes, and just occasionally glance over at the minimized carb map to get an idea of when and which way the next change in direction will be. I rarely pay attention to the herb icons on the carb map, since they just show where herbs might be, not necessarily where they are.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Addon compilations using Carbonite?