02-25-09, 11:35 PM   #1
frogofdoom
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Moving Blizz Unit Frames without breaking the vehicle UI

Has anyone found a way (a code snippet or an existing mod) to move the Blizzard player frame without causing it to get stuck on entering or leaving a vehicle in combat? I use the default Blizzard unit frames, and I'm looking for a way to reposition them, but I keep running into the problem of the player frame getting stuck or moved when I leave a vehicle in combat. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks.
02-26-09, 01:06 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

have you tried moveanything?
02-26-09, 03:10 AM   #3
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
You cannot move standard Blizzard frames while in combat. It is disallowed and even if you try, you'll end up tainting the UI. The only thing you can do in cases of combat is listen for the PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED event which signifies combat ending and then make whatever adjustments are necessary.

In addition, the Blizzard UI code moves the player frame back to default hardcoded positions on enter/exiting vehicles. Your best bet is to secure hook one of the Blizzard functions being called when the player enters/exits a vehicle and call your own code, with a small delay, which will ensure that the vehicle "sliding" animation has completed. This is the only reliable way to do it at the moment, since blizzy has a lot of "bad" code when it comes to the vehicle UI.
02-26-09, 07:14 PM   #4
frogofdoom
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks, Tristanian. I'll try that. Seems like there are a lot of problems with the vehicle UI as it relates to mods. Here's hoping they make it a little more civilized soon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Moving Blizz Unit Frames without breaking the vehicle UI