01-26-11, 06:13 PM   #1
Danzi3l
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Music Display addon?

Hello,
After reading a lot of threads around regarding using an addon to control iTunes, all saying that (unless using keybinds on a mac, I'm not using a mac so this is not an option) it cant be done because of certain terms of addon creation or something along those lines.
However all I wish is to be able to see the track name, Artist, and Album name. My keyboard has controls for iTunes which work whilst running other programs, so I have no need for controls ingame. Would an addon like this break any rules? Does one already exist that I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance
01-26-11, 07:38 PM   #2
frogofdoom
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think that would be allowed or really possible given that addons can't communicate with other programs outside of WoW.

However, it might be possible to display that information as an overlay, using some other program, particularly if you run in windowed mode.
01-26-11, 07:42 PM   #3
Danzi3l
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
do you know where i could find how to do that? i do play in windowed mode, and that could be my solution
01-26-11, 08:32 PM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

there is a in game music player that shows the info that your looking for, as well as a option for it to announce each new song to guild say yell raid or a custom channel.
01-26-11, 08:52 PM   #5
frogofdoom
An Aku'mai Servant
I couldn't find any dedicated piece of software for a song overlay, but it may be worth looking at PLAYXPERT ( http://www.playxpert.com/web/guest/home ), which is a suite of overlay applications including IM, web browser, media player info/controls and some other things. I haven't ever tried it, and it may be more than you need, but it will let you see what song itunes is playing.
01-26-11, 09:14 PM   #6
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

there is a addon in the rofl/games section here. I dont have the time to dig through and find it.
but its there.
01-27-11, 05:25 AM   #7
Danzi3l
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thank you all for your hepl. Ill look into the link and also have another dig round to see if i can find the addon listed here.
thank you again

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Music Display addon?