01-29-11, 02:18 AM   #1
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Taint and the Glyph Frame

Hi,
I'm fairly new to addon programming and am having some issues with taint.

My addon is Broker_Everything (Fan Update).

If you left click on the dualspec module to open the talents pane, then attempt to remove (and I'm assuming add) a glyph, I get the alert window telling me that Broker_Everything has been blocked from this action.

If I open the talent pane using the hotkey, removing and placing glyphs works fine.

I also get the above issue when I open the talent frame from Broker_MicroMenu, only then Broker_MicroMenu gets the blame.

The taint log is singularly unhelpful:
1/29 19:07:16.045 An action was blocked because of taint from Broker_Everything - RemoveGlyphFromSocket()
1/29 19:07:16.045 Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:53 OnAccept()
1/29 19:07:16.045 Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:3490 StaticPopup_OnClick()
1/29 19:07:16.045 StaticPopup1Button1:OnClick()
Same thing with both addons, except from the name of the addon that gets the blame.

I've checked the code for both, the only thing both Broker_Everything and Broker_MicroMenu do is toggle the talent frame.

Any help possible to get around this would be greatly appreaciated. I'm at a loss.

At the moment I'm theorising that because the frame wasn't opened from a secure template that doing things with the glyphs are being blocked. If that's true it's really frustrating because the addons themselves aren't doing anything directly to the glyphs.
01-29-11, 02:36 AM   #2
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I read somewhere that anything using the StaticPopup-thingamajig can potentially taint the glyph-frame. But can't remember where now..
01-29-11, 03:39 AM   #3
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

- WowAce 19150 Random addons blocking removing glyphs?
- WowAce 18928 My addon being blamed for tainting the Glyph frame?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Taint and the Glyph Frame