11-26-11, 02:17 PM   #1
reflectional
A Fallenroot Satyr

Stuck in a rut!

So I am stuck the game has lost its fun factor for me I quit playing to have fun and started to play in a rush to get more 85's or max proffesions I just quit having fun. And now my girlfriends laptop died so I lost my wow partner and was thinking about going on a new server starting fresh and going back to enjoy the game for everything it offers.

If anyone knows any good active servers that people dont feel stuck in (usually the ones im on people say they suck that its horrible leave while you can etc.) and has some good guilds that do more then just dungeons and raids but likes to have fun.

I feel like this is a lot to ask for and maybe im just being stupid but I just want to have fun again
11-26-11, 08:42 PM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by reflectional View Post
So I am stuck the game has lost its fun factor for me I quit playing to have fun and started to play in a rush to get more 85's or max proffesions I just quit having fun. And now my girlfriends laptop died so I lost my wow partner and was thinking about going on a new server starting fresh and going back to enjoy the game for everything it offers.

If anyone knows any good active servers that people dont feel stuck in (usually the ones im on people say they suck that its horrible leave while you can etc.) and has some good guilds that do more then just dungeons and raids but likes to have fun.

I feel like this is a lot to ask for and maybe im just being stupid but I just want to have fun again

I have been there - I have left WoW several times actually. But I always come back. For me playing in Japan now I am always alone. Luckily I am in a guild that hit level 20, but they all quit - which for me is not a huge deal because of the time difference they wouldn't be on anyways - but at least I get the leveling bonus and they left me 20k in the guild bank for repairs.

I had to make the game fun for me - so for me that means Profs, Questing - and actually READING the quests now - I no longer just JET to 85 - I take my time. I am able to PUG a bit - but the time change makes that difficult sometimes. I still enjoy playing - but I know I will be pretty much solo from here on out - WoW is not played in Japan really - and I really don't have the time to raid consistently because of work and life commitments - so I quest here and there - slowly building my stable of classes. Once they are all max level, and then I level a Monk - if the game still isn't fun I still have some things I want to try:

1. Leveling a Warlock - could never get past level 10, this is one of the last things I will do in WoW if it becomes so bad I want to quit
2. Level "Ironman" style - I saw a post on a website - you level with white/grey items only, no heirlooms, nothing, on a PvP server - and when you die - you delete your character and start over. I think that would be fun to see how far you could get.
3. Try to get MAX gold - this is a LONG term thing for me - I am not ready yet. Once my prof's are all maxed out, I want to see if I can do this.

So you see - the game is what you make of it. I have learned it is VERY hard to rely on other's. As for Guild / Realm - if you want people who are pretty cool - go to Earthen Ring and join the AIE guild - they are great - one of the largest guilds on any server - they do a podcast called "The Instance" - anyway - they are so huge there is always someone on to chat with and they are very easy going. If I could stomach the costs I might faction transfer and server transfer all my toons back there. I am only on the server I am now because my friends begged me to come over (I transfered from Earthen Ring -> Drenden and Horde to Alliance - 5 characters - ugh) and I am reticent to do this again. But that is where I would go.

I miss Horde... But I now have 3 level 85s now that are all Alliance and I am about to have numbers 4 and 5 soon - sigh.

Anyway - probably not any help, but I feel you

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

11-26-11, 10:35 PM   #3
reflectional
A Fallenroot Satyr

Its nice to know I am not the only person who feels that way, I think I will go try out that server and get back into enjoying the game that Guild sounds really cool too I will check it out, and that iron man play style is something I definitely want to try out one day that and I also want to RP lvl a toon with out running around and walking everywhere as well as making it take breaks every once in a while etc.

Thank you alot
11-26-11, 11:46 PM   #4
bestwarrior
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by reflectional View Post

I've been there as well. I quit for a year because a few years back because i got hacked but it was during the time when i thought WoW got boring. I've "quit" several times at months at a time playing Xbox or PS3 or anything else because of how boring i thought WoW was. I'm in Nazgrel on the U.S server and i like it. Got a great guild with great people. Could try over here and i could help ya out . Got alts that literally range from 18-85. And if you want to try something different, try a Roleplaying server..you can find people there that actually play out quests, instances, and areas like they were actually there. Hope any of this helped or gave you ideas

11-26-11, 11:49 PM   #5
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Your not alone. I seem to find crappie servers. Noone want to do dungoens of any kind. I like a guild who enjoys each other. But i want to see the big stuff. I have 10 85 on a server i hate. Guild is no longer around but i not gm sooo. I bored out my skull doing fireland crap. To long to boreing for nothing. I trying another server doing horde for once. Nice doing differant quests. BUT this server sucks more other. Peaple are dam rude! All the guilds are rp only. I got to find something fun. Why do peaple play a multi player game and want to be alone. Jesh go buy a xbox and bore yourself that way.
11-27-11, 06:05 AM   #6
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
WoW has changed too much. Blizzard created an addictiv roleplay mmo and most of us who are still here loved the game at some point. The changes all sound cool taken one after the other. But in total this question sums it all up:

Originally Posted by kasca View Post
Why do peaple play a multi player game and want to be alone.
WoW is no longer a rpg and it is no longer a mmo. Creating a character is no longer part of the fun you rush it to maxlevel because the stuff on the way is not interesting and worst of all it is so unbalanced it does not feel like an achievment to gain a level. Professions are not a bonus or recipes special to your character. Reputation is not a choice it is a chore you can "run in the background". Look at Hyjal ... you enter the zone, start questing by taking the guided tour through the zone and when done you have done all quests and explored all areas. Loremaster of the cataclysm is a slap in the face and speaking of an "achievment" for this is well ... boring ...

I would break development for 3 month and lock away the l33t developer and his team on a lost island with only some rpg board games and every dev who stops playing the rpg before the 3 months end is fired ...

But you still can find the fun if you're looking for. And it really doesnt matter which server you're on. Find one or a few ppl to play with level together, play together and enjoy the game together

I started with a friend of mine a horde char (after 5 years of alliance). We each have a toon we only play if both of us has time and a few others we play if one cant be around or does not feel like questing
11-27-11, 07:10 AM   #7
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

As you can see you are not alone. I have actually been on the same server the entire time I have played wow. I have switched guilds a few times, Ran a few of my own and joined a few others where I did not have to run them. But all in all I am still playing with the same people I did 7 years ago there are about 30 of us that no matter what have always played together. Most of us are currently in the same guild some aren't but it's ok cause you can real id invite to instances now.

For me personally the game gets very boring at the end of a content patch after you have done the same things for the last year or so. I normally try to fill my time with helping other people / Leveling alt's / Leading raids. I currently am the raid leader for 3 guilds and still join my guilds raids, it gives me a chance to teach other people what I have learned but to also sit back and just "raid" without having to lead.

If you are interested in trying a new server and being horde just drop me a pm, i will get you the info.

2. Level "Ironman" style - I saw a post on a website - you level with white/grey items only, no heirlooms, nothing, on a PvP server - and when you die - you delete your character and start over. I think that would be fun to see how far you could get.
I could never delete a toon as such i have way to many accounts 5 right now. This reminds me of the Insane title.
11-27-11, 07:38 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I have 2 accounts I am playing with at the moment. Almost all 85s on my main server on one of them. There are still a few people that I originally played with when I first started playing with my ex boyfriend 7 years back but things slowly fizzled out a year back and a lot of people stopped playing but have since come back.

At the moment I am pretty much the only one ever on line in my guild but I don't really care about it as I could easily jump into at least 2 other guilds i I whatsoever decided to raid/party with people. At the moment I don't play consistently enough at the right times to facilitate that so I just level up alts but they have all let me know to ask if I want to run an instance with them as they know I am not one to pug them.

And of course look at addon stuff.

In the past I have taken extensive breaks from the game but have always come back ... considering it started off being a game I only played because my boyfriend liked it I've come quite a ways since then.
11-27-11, 12:12 PM   #9
reflectional
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
And of course look at addon stuff.
I started doing that too trying to learn lua girlfriend got me "World of Warcraft Programming" so reading that when I feel like learning lol. But with not wanting to play havent been all that into it.

Thank you everyone for your kind posts and no one saying I am being stupid for it but understanding everyone gave me great tips you all have made me want to play again.

<3
11-27-11, 12:17 PM   #10
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Well anyone know a good server for guilds who do dungeons,like to play togther.
11-27-11, 01:31 PM   #11
Ither
A Firelord

I'm still there bud, so don't fear it, we all experience it.

I had (5) level 85 toons that were ready for Firelands, lost my interest, deleted all them, and left for awhile.

Came back to a new server, new faction, and two new toons. I can't get them over 25.

The problem for me is that you do these "new" zones yet you end up in the same old zones and nothing changes.

I'm hoping to re-kindle my love with the expansion, but I fear the same will happen once I'm out of the panda starting zone.

For me it's sad, I've been with Blizzard for seven years and have beta-tested the first launch and all expansions.

So, for now I spend my time playing Battlefield 3 and beta testing SW:TOR; which I can tell you SW:TOR has a lot of work to do. I don't believe it's anywhere close to the realm of WOW, but has some decent potential, far more than RIFT ever did.
11-27-11, 05:48 PM   #12
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I actually made a blood elf hunter on the PTR a few weeks ago after more than a year's break. I quit again after the starting zone.

Now that I'm playing Skyrim WoW just feels like a really bad joke at this point.
11-27-11, 07:24 PM   #13
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
WoW just feels like a really bad joke at this point.
Hear, hear.
11-28-11, 08:02 AM   #14
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Atm there just doesn't feel like anything to do between main events such as raiding; I'm glad they are thinking of making it possible to do old raid twice a week now for alts, I just hope they allow us to run 10 or 25 man again in a week.

Just makes me miss ICC despite hating it with a passion.

Watched my friend play SW;ToR last night. I never wanted to try it before, but it looks pretty nice. The Sith females say AMAZING things.

"I'm just here to kill people, problem?" - Best quote ever from her character xD

I might try it, but I'm mainly just waiting on GW2; or a fsking Monster Hunter in English for the PC.

Atm I am just playing MH Tri (wii version) on the PC using the Dolphin Emulator; but it doesn't allow multiplayer. I wish the US would be more into those games, or I am moving back to Asia and freshening up my Japanese.

since this site doesn't have a /spoiler tag I made it smaller D:
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Now that I'm playing Skyrim WoW just feels like a really bad joke at this point.
Hear, hear

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 11-28-11 at 12:50 PM.
11-28-11, 07:44 PM   #15
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Atm there just doesn't feel like anything to do between main events such as raiding; I'm glad they are thinking of making it possible to do old raid twice a week now for alts, I just hope they allow us to run 10 or 25 man again in a week.

Just makes me miss ICC despite hating it with a passion.

Watched my friend play SW;ToR last night. I never wanted to try it before, but it looks pretty nice. The Sith females say AMAZING things.

"I'm just here to kill people, problem?" - Best quote ever from her character xD

I might try it, but I'm mainly just waiting on GW2; or a fsking Monster Hunter in English for the PC.

Atm I am just playing MH Tri (wii version) on the PC using the Dolphin Emulator; but it doesn't allow multiplayer. I wish the US would be more into those games, or I am moving back to Asia and freshening up my Japanese.

since this site doesn't have a /spoiler tag I made it smaller D:
I just bought SkyRim. It is rich, and fun (wierd getting used to the point of view and the controls - feels like I should be using an Xbox controller) but I miss interacting with real people - even the mean trolls.

No doubt SkyRim feels like the next level though - it is seriously cool. I might buy a 2nd copy for my work PC (thats the other PITA, 1 copy = 1 PC, I have three PCs I juggle, ugh - but cest la vie!)

I watched the vids online and fell in love with the graphics and the idea of "your character is what you make of it" - get beat on alot in melee? your armor goes up. Cast a bunch of ranged spells? Your magic goes up. Etc. Interesting concept and I can see aspects of why its not an MMORPG. If I put some items in a random box lying on the ground in an MMORPG someone would steal it!

Anyways - I am liking it, but I am not sure it is enough for me to cancel my WoW sub yet - I solo a lot, but the AH and other social aspects and influences in WoW keep me coming back. I can see from a raiders point of view though - if you have BIS already and you don't like leveling alts - well what are you to do? As a "solo quester" I enjoy questing - I am starting to try and do EVERY quest in every zone I am in now - even if I meet the requirements to move to the next zone. Boring for a raider sure, but I guess make of it what you will. Will be interesting to see if this latest round of "doom and gloom" for wow sticks this time - every expansion there seems to be the same, and the same round of new games coming out that everyone says are going to kill WoW - and a year or 2 later we are back here again - WoW still alive, subs down, will resurge at MoP and I bet the cycle repeats.

Just my 2 cents - I don't see this as any different as the decline prior to Cata and Lich King and then the surge back up.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

11-28-11, 08:07 PM   #16
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
I watched the vids online and fell in love with the graphics and the idea of "your character is what you make of it" - get beat on alot in melee? your armor goes up. Cast a bunch of ranged spells? Your magic goes up. Etc. Interesting concept and I can see aspects of why its not an MMORPG.
This kind of system was in FFXI. Your magic and weapon skills leveled up as you used them, your defensive skills leveled as you got hit, etc.

To a lesser extent and up until Cata, WoW had this system too. You get hit a lot, your defense skill goes up, which governed how often you received a special kind of crit called a "crushing blow". Weapon skill controlled hit and crit rates.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-28-11 at 08:10 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Stuck in a rut!