10-18-14, 07:30 PM   #1
C A I N
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy Seeking help getting this AddOn to work again....

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gui-v3

I have used these unit frames from this addon for years, and I miss them, I tried his new work and it just doesnt cut it. Is there anyone out there who can get these unit frames to work? I would be forever grateful.
10-18-14, 07:55 PM   #2
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What is so bad about the new work that you dislike so much? No portrait?
10-18-14, 08:56 PM   #3
C A I N
A Murloc Raider

The new ones arent bad, I just prefer the older ones with the portraits, i tried getting Shadowed Unit Frames to look like these but I couldnt get it right....
10-18-14, 09:50 PM   #4
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
gUI3 isn't broken, so you can't fix it. It was made for MoP, and works nicely with MoP. But MoP is over and done. We're living in a WoD world now. And you'll never get that exact look with any other addon, since gUI3 - and everything else I make for that matter - uses custom made textures and artwork that are NOT public domain, meaning other addons can't include them without my written permission.

However, if the cubic, narrow, blocky, and in my own humble opinion outdated look of gUI3 is something that still appeals to you, I recommend keeping an eye out on www.friendlydruid.com the upcoming weeks. There might be an announcement of interest there in a few weeks.

Oh, and if anybody does update gUI3 for WoD, I do in no way give them permission to publish it. I might come across as a dick here, but gUI is my project, and I'd prefer it to stay that way.
10-19-14, 08:09 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

You may want to look at oUF layouts to see if someone has created something with a similar look using oUF.
10-22-14, 07:20 PM   #6
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
There's always the supervillain UI:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...villainUI.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Seeking help getting this AddOn to work again....