02-06-08, 08:37 PM   #1
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mob drop database?

I'm looking for and addon that can show drops from monsters with a predefined database. I know mobinfo tracks items that drop from monsters and that can you can import other peoples databases but im looking for an addon that doesnt have to go out and find/repeatably kill monsters for info. If this is possible then is there one already coded? and if not then can any adventurous authors write it? If anything i could give some idea on the interface but i couldnt find all the data. I know i could just run over to thotbott or wowhead etc but i rather have an ingame handbook or something to use. Thanks for any responses!
02-06-08, 09:14 PM   #2
kalasix
A Murloc Raider
i dont think that this is even possible, due to having be forced to update after your every kil. Although i am probably wrong.

I know that there is an addon called Lightheaded that integrates WoWHead comments and links into your questlog. Using it paired with a fully loaded cartographer works wonders due to the ability to click the [32,32] coordinate link and have it give you a waypoint to run to. I know that greatly aided me last time i leveled a character to 70.

Hope it helps, you should be able to find it here.

Link to it below.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ghtHeaded.html

I highly recommend it.
02-06-08, 09:56 PM   #3
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

Lightheaded = Quest loot/info etc. I'm looking for mob drops. thanks anyways.
02-06-08, 10:04 PM   #4
Healbot
A Kobold Labourer
I believe the mod you may be looking for is MobMap, it does this and allows you to browse NPC vendor items, mark up certain mobs on your minimap/world map, and search for mobs that drop specific items / quest drops etc. Like Lightheaded it integrates into your quest log, and also your world map.

Be warned though, it is a real memory hog. Can be found at http://www.mobmap.de/.

Hope this helps
02-07-08, 01:33 AM   #5
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
wat ur actually looking for is MobInfo2...it shows what the mob drops in the tooltip and a lot of other things as well
02-07-08, 11:36 PM   #6
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

"MobInfo collects data whenever you fight a Mob. It starts off with an empty database, which fills up automatically the more you fight and play."

I want an addon with a database already there, with ALL mobs if possible.
02-08-08, 12:12 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nightsmear View Post
I'm looking for and addon that can show drops from monsters with a predefined database.

Originally Posted by Healbot View Post
I believe the mod you may be looking for is MobMap it does this and allows you to browse NPC vendor items, mark up certain mobs on your minimap/world map, and search for mobs that drop specific items / quest drops etc. Like Lightheaded it integrates into your quest log, and also your world map.

Be warned though, it is a real memory hog. Can be found at http://www.mobmap.de/.

Hope this helps
That addon should take care of your needs
02-08-08, 06:56 AM   #8
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nightsmear View Post
"MobInfo collects data whenever you fight a Mob. It starts off with an empty database, which fills up automatically the more you fight and play."

I want an addon with a database already there, with ALL mobs if possible.
MobMap DOES have an existing database. Its a web database that users of the addon contribute to via the MobMapUpdater or the website. Currently MobMap has a mob/npc database of 13302.

The complete MobMap package:

This package contains the addon you need to use the database in WoW as well as a small external (windows-based) tool to conveniently update the addon, your local database copy and to upload your collected data. This tool - the MobMapUpdater - is available in german and english language and does not have to be run in parallel with WoW.

After you install the updater, run it once to get the newest database, then you will suddenly be able to find literally ANYTHING in-game.

However, I really think all you want is MobInfo2 with a sizable database included. There is a database you can get for it here:
http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=4056
The author claims to have 17k+ mobs w/ drops.
I'd recommend getting MobInfo2 Browser as well, just makes it a bit easier to search through the database in-game.
02-08-08, 10:05 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Here's the deal, Nightsmear. You know that info on Thottbot or Wowhead that tells you what a mob drops and how often? That only gets there by people telling those sites what they've found and on what mobs. You don't know what a mob will drop until you kill it and open it up. The loot table isn't even queried yet until it dies. Even Thottbot and Wowhead - with all of the submissions they get about loot info - isn't 100% accurate, as it depends *only* on what people report that they see.

So, you're either going to have to go with a mod that you build the database on your own, or a mod where you have to import other people's databases. MobMap does the importing for you, but it's still dependent on players reporting what they find (I don't know if the author takes that data himself, or if he mines a website for it).

Perhaps you just missed the MobMap suggestion above. Just remember that it will never be 100% accurate. Close - sure.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-29-08, 02:29 PM   #10
k112098
A Kobold Labourer
Quest drops and kills from mob info

I am trying to get my mods setup again after a re-install. There one mod that I really liked but don't remember the name of it. Basically it would show in the mob tool tip if I needed to kill that mob for a quest. It should show what i was collecting for the quest and what my progress was. As i collected the items or killed certain mobs the about I had left would change from red to green. I have i whole list of mods that I have installed, and have tried other mods that were suppose to do what I'm looking for but doesn't seem to do what I'm looking for. Does anyone know what mod does what I'm trying to explain.
09-29-08, 02:39 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ahh! Thread necromancy! And it's a different topic, too!

I use nQuestLog and it does this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mob drop database?