06-28-11, 08:49 PM   #21
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by nossy View Post
You may "not want" a companion pet, but they are telling you that summoning one is how to fix your baby elephants problem. Go buy a companion pet, summon it, bam elephants gone. Then dismiss your pet and be done.
Now, that makes sense to me (the way you worded it). Thank you! And, thanks to the others who suggested the same thing, even though it wasn't clear to me.

Much appreciated. I certainly hope it works. At least, I'm grateful that having 18 of these "orphans" don't require feeding! Ha ha.

The reason I mentioned all those guardians in this topic is that it never happened before. And, I have only 1 (Carbonite) LUA error message that persists, so I presumed it has something to do with that message. Just guessing.

06-28-11, 10:19 PM   #22
ljwsrvv38237
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Actually I talked to a WoW game GM about this when I did the quest after 4.1 and the same issue was present. It is a bug in the quest for the orphaned calf and not addon related. The GM said they are aware of it but it is not a priority to fix since it doesn't affect game play and will be addressed sometime down the road. If you do not summon a companion pet while logged in to remove the orphaned calf, then the game assumes you are still on the quest when logging in and you will get another one. The reason you have your own herd of calves is that you kept logging in without doing the fix after the first time you noticed it. By the way, the user fix has been posted in the WoW bug report forums since about 2 weeks after 4.1 was released.

Last edited by ljwsrvv38237 : 06-28-11 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling

06-29-11, 08:39 AM   #23
Tremelo
A Kobold Labourer
Spells on bars not working

Help! I have the updated nUI+...everything worked fine yesterday...today, nothing that is on any of my bars it working. I click it, or press the hotkey button, and the button will light up, but nothing happens. Click it again, and it 'unlights'. Any advice? Let me know what info you need from me, so I don't list a bunch of unnecessary stuff. =/

06-29-11, 10:13 AM   #24
Storon
A Kobold Labourer
You can download an updated version of Carbonite from here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ite4.2Fix.html

I have tried this, and the error has gone completely.

06-29-11, 10:19 AM   #25
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Storon View Post
You can download an updated version of Carbonite from here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ite4.2Fix.html

I have tried this, and the error has gone completely.
No postie my fixie.

Carbonite 4.2 Fix is Here

06-29-11, 10:40 AM   #26
Kimber
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gendou View Post
Make sure "Load Out of Date Addons" is checked.
I tried that too. It loaded, but there were a ton more errors. I couldn't do anything with it on because error logs kept showing up with every action. Neither worked correctly.

06-29-11, 10:45 AM   #27
Verttex
Super Monkey

Did you follow the instructions on the download page? The folders inside of the download folder are the addons not the Carbonite 4.2 folder.

06-29-11, 03:02 PM   #28
Kreelor
A Firelord

Posts in the thread I started seem to have gotten off-track.

Anyway, pertaining to my issue with the "Abandoned Mammoth Calf", it appears to have been fixed.

The issue seems to have been resolved after today's latest Blizzard 'restart' thing, which they said would take only a few minutes. Maybe they quietly patched something for that specific error? I don't know. That problem solved (hopefully for good).

Nothing else worked for me.

Now, I'm wondering if we (Carboniteaddon users) are to remain patient and wait for The Carbonite Team to supply a patch for the persistent LUA errors we are all getting. Pain in the butt!

I see that another addon author has offered a "fix", but from what I can tell, it's not "officially" a Carbonite "fix."

At nearly 66 yrs old, I guess I'm a little paranoid about installing things from sources I'm unfamiliar with. I'm hesitant to do anything until Staff from Carbonite (itself) gives the "OK" to use it. Confused.

06-29-11, 03:21 PM   #29
CyberZombie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Posts in the thread I started seem to have gotten off-track.

Anyway, pertaining to my issue with the "Abandoned Mammoth Calf", it appears to have been fixed.

The issue seems to have been resolved after today's latest Blizzard 'restart' thing, which they said would take only a few minutes. Maybe they quietly patched something for that specific error? I don't know. That problem solved (hopefully for good).

Nothing else worked for me.

Now, I'm wondering if we (Carboniteaddon users) are to remain patient and wait for The Carbonite Team to supply a patch for the persistent LUA errors we are all getting. Pain in the butt!

I see that another addon author has offered a "fix", but from what I can tell, it's not "officially" a Carbonite "fix."

At nearly 66 yrs old, I guess I'm a little paranoid about installing things from sources I'm unfamiliar with. I'm hesitant to do anything until Staff from Carbonite (itself) gives the "OK" to use it. Confused.
Heh. I'm not an addon author (put a few personal ones together back in '05), but I am a software developer (29 years) and I'm 49...hope that doesn't scare you off.

06-29-11, 05:35 PM   #30
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, I solved any remaining Lua errors from Carbonite (after I made the changes that CyberZombie suggested) by disabling Parrot. Parrot hasn't been updated yet (as far as I can tell-haven't checked in the last hour or so) and it was giving tons of errors. Disabled it, and Carbonites "left over" errors went away. If you're not familiar with Parrot, it's a scrolling combat text addon and I'm guessing it polls the combat log incessantly. Since it hadn't been updated, it didn't have the new 4.2 arguments, so...... Well, yeah.

By-the-way, I'm 57 and that thing around my avatar lies. I wouldn't really say I've authored anything. I'm a pretty fair hand with "copy-n-paste" though, and can cobble together the occasional simple graphic. I don't understand Lua very well at all, though.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-29-11, 05:38 PM   #31
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Well, I solved any remaining Lua errors from Carbonite (after I made the changes that CyberZombie suggested) by disabling Parrot. Parrot hasn't been updated yet (as far as I can tell-haven't checked in the last hour or so) and it was giving tons of errors. Disabled it, and Carbonites "left over" errors went away. If you're not familiar with Parrot, it's a scrolling combat text addon and I'm guessing it polls the combat log incessantly. Since it hadn't been updated, it didn't have the new 4.2 arguments, so...... Well, yeah.

By-the-way, I'm 57 and that thing around my avatar lies. I wouldn't really say I've authored anything. I'm a pretty fair hand with "copy-n-paste" though, and can cobble together the occasional simple graphic. I don't understand Lua very well at all, though.
Parrot seemed to be a problem at my side too. I used to use it and saw it miraculously turn itself on and bugged up Carbonite.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Error after new patch today 6-28-2011