04-04-08, 03:51 PM   #1
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for quest item bars

For a long time now I've been wishing I had a mod that gave me a button bar that dynamically expanded and contracted to show me all of the clickable quest items in my inventory. Say, when I accepted the Shattered Sun bombing run quest, my bombs would immediately appear on this button bar. When I turned it in, the button would disappear. When I accepted the convert-the-sentries quest, the little arcane crystals would appear on the bar.

Right now what I do is just drag every quest item I get to my bars manually, but I don't have enough free spaces to fit them all, so there's a lot of manual work, and, well, I'm lazy and want the game to do that for me. Is there a mod that would give me a bar that would automatically list all quest items in my inventory with a Use: effect? If not, is there a bar mod that supports dynamically generated bars that I could write my own little plugin for (not that I need any more mod projects, sigh)?

Thanks!
04-04-08, 04:11 PM   #2
Takatalvi
A Cliff Giant
autobar does this.

Certain items may need you to put them into it's database, but thats entirely simple via /atb config
04-04-08, 05:11 PM   #3
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

Thanks. But if it doesn't automatically add new quest items it comes across, that doesn't look like it would be much more convenient than just using the default bars. I'll check it out, though.
04-07-08, 01:10 AM   #4
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

Anyone have any other suggestions? AutoBar doesn't seem to pick up new quest items most of the time (I have to run /atb refresh upon accepting quests, which seems to defeat the purpose), and I don't really like how the items are in a popup instead of all available at once.
04-07-08, 03:26 AM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tons.html#info not tried it yet but looks promising.
04-07-08, 05:06 AM   #6
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tons.html#info not tried it yet but looks promising.
It works really well, i have been trying it got a little while

04-07-08, 06:58 AM   #7
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
What a great idea, i'll check this out tonight.
04-08-08, 02:46 AM   #8
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

Thanks; I like this a lot better than AutoBar. I wish that it had better positioning controls and an easy way to show and hide it, but it'll certainly do for now.

Thanks for the suggestion!
04-08-08, 06:38 PM   #9
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by VgerAN View Post
Thanks; I like this a lot better than AutoBar. I wish that it had better positioning controls and an easy way to show and hide it, but it'll certainly do for now.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Use this

/script if QButtons:IsShown() then QButtons:Hide() else QButtons:Show() end;

In a macro to easily show/hide Qbuttons.

Hopefully he will add a toggle in the future. I would also like to have a way to determine the direction it expands. Up/Down and Left/Right.

Other than that this is a great addon.
04-09-08, 12:04 PM   #10
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

Yeah, I'm using a variation on that right now along with my mod Gyro to automatically show/hide the bars when I join or leave a raid.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for quest item bars