04-14-10, 01:22 AM   #1
Asura000
A Defias Bandit
2 different UI packs on 2 different character

Hi all,

Im not sure how this is possible, but I would like to use 2 different UI packages they have on the famous addon sites on two of my characters (1 for each).

I understand with UI packages, they already have their premade WTF files, saved variables, and you have to replace each addon saved variable files in the Saved variable folder, so eg, to get the addon to look like the art in the UI i downloaded, I'll need to use their KGPanels saved variable of their settings.

However im a bit stomped on how I can use a different UI package for a different character, as their too have some of the same addons and replacing the saved variables over the initial UI saved variables, seems to erase all settings for the addons its replacing, thus making my second UI package look fine, but the initial one a mess.

So is there a way to load seperate UI packages for different characters?

Thanks!
04-14-10, 02:38 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Asura000 View Post
Hi all,

Im not sure how this is possible, but I would like to use 2 different UI packages they have on the famous addon sites on two of my characters (1 for each).

Addon Control Panel. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/acp.aspx

Go down the addon list and choose the addons/UI that you want for that toon. Bottom left of the acp window you will see a button named Sets. Click that. Save the addon set and give it a name. Click the ReloadUI button and yer done.

Rinse and repeat for your next toon.

The other upside to ACP is you do not have to log out to turn an addon off or on. Just do it through the ACP panel and click the ReloadUI button.

04-14-10, 03:15 AM   #3
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ACP wont help if he intall a second Ui pack ontop of the old one?
At least not if its the same addons, the saved variables will be overwritten wont they?
04-14-10, 03:25 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If the addons have the option of saving profiles, then Reflux can also be used. I have different UI packages for a few of my toons that also use some of the same addons, and I only use ACP. But then again, I do not use UI "compilations", so that may make a difference.
04-14-10, 09:07 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Problem is the OP wants to download 2 totally different compilations and the provided Saved Variables will result in one being overwritten. They need a way to merge the the data in the files so that its not an issue. As mentioned they use virtually the same addons in each one.

The only way I am aware of currently is to open the files by hand and copy the info in to the other one. If your lucky the uploader ONLY has the data for the UI you're trying to get in the data file. Fortunately if you make a mistake in the process you can just re-download the the files.

You could also recreate the look of one of the UI's by hand which will get the same result. Just pick the easier of the 2 UI's to recreate.

Hopefully someone has an easier solution for you.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 04-14-10 at 09:12 AM. Reason: additional jabbering.
04-18-10, 08:00 AM   #6
Asura000
A Defias Bandit
Cheers for the replies, would appreciate any more help!
04-18-10, 08:47 AM   #7
alimjocox
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Reflux lol??

Two different characters with the same addons is just two different profiles.. Replacing variables = changing profiles

edit::
If you've created the UI urself and setup all the addons urself, reflux will be the way to go. Sure other roles have seperate addons, thats cool just enable/disable.

Last edited by alimjocox : 04-18-10 at 08:57 AM.
04-18-10, 10:19 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

MidgetMage is right - the OP wants to use, for example, TukzUI on one character, and SpartanUI on another.

There's exactly two ways to accomplish this - you can either swap out WTF folders when you wanna swap UI's, or you can copy/paste all the SV files from one UI into the SV files from the other UI, and then edit them so that the addons don't choke on the improperly formatted SV files.

There is no simple way to do this, other than downloading, say, Ishtara's UI, and using it's different setups (I can't believe Ish put 6 UI's in one pack) on different characters.
04-18-10, 10:51 AM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only way I can see to get around this is to use a UI that doesn't offer a preconfigured WTF folder.. such as nUI, TukUI or Spartan. I'm sure there are others out there, too.
04-18-10, 03:15 PM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could also copy your WoW folders into another directory and use copy a for one UI and copy B for the other UI.

Basically you end up with 2 complete installs of WoW with completely separate WTF and Addon folders. I use that method to test UI's and addons and not interfere with my current preferred one.
04-18-10, 04:05 PM   #11
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

You can sandbox it to create a another wow folder working as a link to the other but with the wtf and interface being different. Doesnt take to much space at all.

Guide here:
http://www.nostockui.com/2010/03/mak...rface-sandbox/

04-19-10, 12:54 AM   #12
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Or you can just keep two WTF folders, and rename them to swap UI's. :P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2 different UI packs on 2 different character