Quantcast
BETA Problem!!! - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
07-07-16, 04:55 PM   #1
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
jeffy162's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,357
BETA Problem!!!

Well, I just got access to the Legion BETA (go figure - it's on the PTR now) and the first addon I installed was Carbonite. AND ... I got errors. Didn't know where else to post them, so....
Lua Code:
  1. ["errors"] = {
  2.         {
  3.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:209: Usage: SetMapByID(mapID [,floor])",
  4.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:35:25",
  5.             ["locals"] = "(*temporary) = nil\n",
  6.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `SetMapByID'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:209: in function `Init'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite-6.2.1.lua:767: in function `SetupEverything'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite-6.2.1.lua:1225: in function `NXOnUpdate'\n[string \"*:OnUpdate\"]:1: in function <[string \"*:OnUpdate\"]:1>",
  7.             ["session"] = 2,
  8.             ["counter"] = 1,
  9.         }, -- [1]
  10.         {
  11.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Warehouse\\NxWarehouse.lua:771: hooksecurefunc(): SetTradeSkillItem is not a function",
  12.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:34:34",
  13.             ["locals"] = "",
  14.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `hooksecurefunc'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Warehouse\\NxWarehouse.lua:771: in function `func'\n...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>",
  15.             ["session"] = 3,
  16.             ["counter"] = 2,
  17.         }, -- [2]
  18.         {
  19.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:2715: hooksecurefunc(): SetTradeSkillItem is not a function",
  20.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:34:42",
  21.             ["locals"] = "",
  22.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `hooksecurefunc'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:2715: in function `Init'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:2060: in function `func'\n...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>",
  23.             ["session"] = 3,
  24.             ["counter"] = 2,
  25.         }, -- [3]
  26.         {
  27.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:9025: bad argument #3 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)",
  28.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:40:56",
  29.             ["locals"] = "(*temporary) = \"%s%s%s\"\n(*temporary) = \"|cff3fbf3f89 \"\n(*temporary) = nil\n(*temporary) = \"The Dark Portal\"\n(*temporary) = \"string expected, got nil\"\n",
  30.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `format'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:9025: in function `UpdateList'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:8623: in function `func'\n...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>",
  31.             ["session"] = 3,
  32.             ["counter"] = 2,
  33.         }, -- [4]
That is the entire error (except the part that say's that it's from BugGrabber [that's 3 very short lines]).
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
  Reply With Quote
07-07-16, 06:50 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Well, I just got access to the Legion BETA (go figure - it's on the PTR now) and the first addon I installed was Carbonite. AND ... I got errors. Didn't know where else to post them, so....
Lua Code:
  1. ["errors"] = {
  2.         {
  3.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:209: Usage: SetMapByID(mapID [,floor])",
  4.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:35:25",
  5.             ["locals"] = "(*temporary) = nil\n",
  6.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `SetMapByID'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:209: in function `Init'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite-6.2.1.lua:767: in function `SetupEverything'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite-6.2.1.lua:1225: in function `NXOnUpdate'\n[string \"*:OnUpdate\"]:1: in function <[string \"*:OnUpdate\"]:1>",
  7.             ["session"] = 2,
  8.             ["counter"] = 1,
  9.         }, -- [1]
  10.         {
  11.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Warehouse\\NxWarehouse.lua:771: hooksecurefunc(): SetTradeSkillItem is not a function",
  12.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:34:34",
  13.             ["locals"] = "",
  14.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `hooksecurefunc'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Warehouse\\NxWarehouse.lua:771: in function `func'\n...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>",
  15.             ["session"] = 3,
  16.             ["counter"] = 2,
  17.         }, -- [2]
  18.         {
  19.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:2715: hooksecurefunc(): SetTradeSkillItem is not a function",
  20.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:34:42",
  21.             ["locals"] = "",
  22.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `hooksecurefunc'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:2715: in function `Init'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:2060: in function `func'\n...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>",
  23.             ["session"] = 3,
  24.             ["counter"] = 2,
  25.         }, -- [3]
  26.         {
  27.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:9025: bad argument #3 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)",
  28.             ["time"] = "2016/07/07 18:40:56",
  29.             ["locals"] = "(*temporary) = \"%s%s%s\"\n(*temporary) = \"|cff3fbf3f89 \"\n(*temporary) = nil\n(*temporary) = \"The Dark Portal\"\n(*temporary) = \"string expected, got nil\"\n",
  30.             ["stack"] = "[C]: in function `format'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:9025: in function `UpdateList'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:8623: in function `func'\n...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>",
  31.             ["session"] = 3,
  32.             ["counter"] = 2,
  33.         }, -- [4]
That is the entire error (except the part that say's that it's from BugGrabber [that's 3 very short lines]).
Which parts of Carbonite do you actively use? I haven't worked on anything but maps so far, and I can try to get you a copy of maps so you can test it... It's not on github yet after what happened pre-wod when someone was releasing the partially working github version.
  Reply With Quote
07-07-16, 07:42 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
jeffy162's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,357
I was trying to use Carbonite, Carbonite.Items, Carbonite.Notes, Carbonite.Quests and Carbonite.Warehouse. Only because that is what I use on Live, and am used to them.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
  Reply With Quote
07-08-16, 02:51 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 815
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Which parts of Carbonite do you actively use? I haven't worked on anything but maps so far, and I can try to get you a copy of maps so you can test it... It's not on github yet after what happened pre-wod when someone was releasing the partially working github version.
Rythal this will not prevent stealing code... Thats impossible since all addons are open source. If u will not share code we cant help developing it. Thats just silly, this way no one will want to help, as no one can access code. I dont get it... As always u are alienating your self from other developers and users.

Github doesnt have free private repositiories, but we can make it on BitBucket, then if release version is done we can export it to GitHub.
__________________
Carbonite and Carbonite Classic Developer
  Reply With Quote
07-08-16, 05:51 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Rythal this will not prevent stealing code... Thats impossible since all addons are open source. If u will not share code we cant help developing it. Thats just silly, this way no one will want to help, as no one can access code. I dont get it... As always u are alienating your self from other developers and users.

Github doesnt have free private repositiories, but we can make it on BitBucket, then if release version is done we can export it to GitHub.
I am fully willing to share what I have with people who I know will test, or work on.. I had looked into some sort of private system on github but hadn't found any options. I just don't want a public release until it's actually ready, nor do I want someone posting it as a working version they did themselves here on wowI and curse as happened last time.

There is a private repository on bitbucket now. Same repo as was on github.

Last edited by Rythal : 07-08-16 at 06:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
07-09-16, 09:34 AM   #6
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant
 
WeaveDiva's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 30
I would be interested in testing as well since I finally got access. With the current Github version I get the following errors:

1x Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:2715: hooksecurefunc(): SetTradeSkillItem is not a function
[C]: in function `hooksecurefunc'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:2715: in function `Init'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:2060: in function `func'
Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:


and

10x Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9025: bad argument #3 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
[C]: in function `format'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9025: in function `UpdateList'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8623: in function `func'
Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:
(*temporary) = "%s%s%s"
(*temporary) = "|cffffd100100 "
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "City Under Siege"
(*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"


I am using the Maps portion, as well as Info, Items, Notes, Quest, Social/Punks.
  Reply With Quote
07-09-16, 09:54 AM   #7
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant
 
WeaveDiva's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 30
Currently, in the Quest window, the dot shows up (red/unknown) with no quest title. Objects used for quest DO show up, but randomly disappear, even out of combat. The map DOES dhow up, but does not seem current. I am in Dalaran, but shows I am in Kharazan (before quest that moves it) and then in the middle of the ocean after quest moves it to broken isles.

Also getting these errors:


40x Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5866: attempt to call global 'CooldownFrame_SetTimer' (a nil value)
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5866: in function `Update'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5411: in function `SetSize'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:1905: in function `Adjust'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3130: in function <Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3082>

Locals:
self = <table> {
SelFrm = <unnamed> {
}
LineHPad = 0
MinW = 124
Vis = 1
HdrH = 0
Data = <table> {
}
FrmData = <table> {
}
ButData = <table> {
}


1x Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3878: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3878: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3763>

Locals:
this = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
NxMap = <table> {
}
texture = <unnamed> {
}
}
elapsed = 0.93300002813339
Nx = <table> {
GetDataToolBar = <function> defined @Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1701
modules = <table> {
}
CancelTimer = <function> defined @Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:145
Quest = <table> {
}
OnUnit_spellcast_sent = <function> defined @Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1071
VERSIONFAV = 0.15

and

5x Carbonite.Social\NxSocial.lua:1779: attempt to index local 'punk' (a nil value)
Carbonite.Social\NxSocial.lua:1779: in function `AddLocalPunk'
Carbonite.Social\NxSocial.lua:2705: in function `?'
...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:145: in function <...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:145>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[17]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[17]"]:4>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[17]"]:13: in function `?'
...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function `Fire'
Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil

Last edited by WeaveDiva : 07-09-16 at 12:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 10:22 AM   #8
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
JWMcQuire's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by WeaveDiva View Post
Currently, in the Quest window, the dot shows up (red/unknown) with no quest title. Objects used for quest DO show up, but randomly disappear, even out of combat. The map DOES dhow up, but does not seem current. I am in Dalaran, but shows I am in Kharazan (before quest that moves it) and then in the middle of the ocean after quest moves it to broken isles.

Also getting these errors:


40x Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5866: attempt to call global 'CooldownFrame_SetTimer' (a nil value)
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5866: in function `Update'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5411: in function `SetSize'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:1905: in function `Adjust'
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3130: in function <Carbonite\NxUI.lua:3082>

Locals:
self = <table> {
SelFrm = <unnamed> {
}
LineHPad = 0
MinW = 124
Vis = 1
HdrH = 0
Data = <table> {
}
FrmData = <table> {
}
ButData = <table> {
}


1x Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3878: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3878: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3763>

Locals:
this = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
NxMap = <table> {
}
texture = <unnamed> {
}
}
elapsed = 0.93300002813339
Nx = <table> {
GetDataToolBar = <function> defined @Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1701
modules = <table> {
}
CancelTimer = <function> defined @Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:145
Quest = <table> {
}
OnUnit_spellcast_sent = <function> defined @Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1071
VERSIONFAV = 0.15

and

5x Carbonite.Social\NxSocial.lua:1779: attempt to index local 'punk' (a nil value)
Carbonite.Social\NxSocial.lua:1779: in function `AddLocalPunk'
Carbonite.Social\NxSocial.lua:2705: in function `?'
...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:145: in function <...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:145>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[17]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[17]"]:4>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[17]"]:13: in function `?'
...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function `Fire'
Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil
What version of Carbonite are you using? Is it from Curse, WowInterface, or Github? If it is not from Github, download and install it as it is the most updated version of Carbonite available for public use. I included a link to it in my sig.

Also, what other addons do you run with Carbonite?

That said, I only have access to PTR which is only the Pre-patch and Carbonite throws up multiple errors on load. I assumed that is mainly because the PTR pre-patch isn't the "complete" game and missing elements that Carbonite needs to function.

Also even on Github, none of the work Rythal has done so far while working on Carbonite for Legion is available for us to test even in PTR.

So I we will have to wait until Rythal who is the only one in beta working on Carbonite at the moment is ready to make it available to us for testing before seeing if these errors will persist in the Carbonite for Legion.
__________________
I am not an addon author. I contribute when I can, answer questions when I am able, and post issues or ask questions now and then.
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 10:39 AM   #9
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
JWMcQuire's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
There is a private repository on bitbucket now. Same repo as was on github.
If I interpret bitbucket's information on its website correctly, you can only give 5 people access to Carbonite on your private repository. So I assume you will be sending invites to those you know you can trust which is completely acceptable in my opinion.

My questions are whether you or someone you assign among your 5 trusted contributors will continue to monitor the Github version for pull requests and issues, and will pull requests on the Github version still be considered for inclusion in the final release?
__________________
I am not an addon author. I contribute when I can, answer questions when I am able, and post issues or ask questions now and then.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 07-13-16 at 01:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 11:30 AM   #10
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 156
If I am correct in the past Rythal would work on the code until he got to a point that he felt a release was merited. Until he released it to git, nobody knew what part was to be changed or how. With the private repo he may start posting the work in progress so the others would see what he was doing and either help or work on other areas as not to replicate the save action.

Also with 6 coordinated people the work could go much faster than one person coding and testing.

Once the Bitbucket is stable is should be ported to Git then Release on Curse/Wowinterface.

Thrumbar


Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
If I interpret bitbucket's information on its website, you can only give 5 people access to Carbonite on your private repository. So I assume you will be sending invites to those you know you can trust which is completely acceptable in my opinion.

My questions are whether you or someone you assign among your 5 trusted contributors will continue to monitor the Github version for pull requests and issues, and will pull requests on the Github version still be considered for inclusion in the final release?
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 12:45 PM   #11
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant
 
WeaveDiva's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
What version of Carbonite are you using? Is it from Curse, WowInterface, or Github? If it is not from Github, download and install it as it is the most updated version of Carbonite available for public use. I included a link to it in my sig.

Also, what other addons do you run with Carbonite?

That said, I only have access to PTR which is only the Pre-patch and Carbonite throws up multiple errors on load. I assumed that is mainly because the PTR pre-patch isn't the "complete" game and missing elements that Carbonite needs to function.

Also even on Github, none of the work Rythal has done so far while working on Carbonite for Legion is available for us to test even in PTR.

So I we will have to wait until Rythal who is the only one in beta working on Carbonite at the moment is ready to make it available to us for testing before seeing if these errors will persist in the Carbonite for Legion.
At the end of my first post, I stated it was the github version, using Maps, quests, info, items, notes and social. However, between then and now, I believe we had another beta version come out and now nothing works at all...nada zip zilch. No map, even in areas that previsouly worked. Hoping for a new version to test soon, as I am on beta everyday and would like to help.

I am running the following addons: buggrabber/bugsack, curse profiler, GTFO, high value, Lib: ace3, lib: sharedmedia-3.0, moncai's equipment compare, open all bags, postal, sheepdog, skada, titan panel, dbm, vuhdo. I sometimes also use decursive and mrcurrency.

Last edited by WeaveDiva : 07-13-16 at 12:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 01:06 PM   #12
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
JWMcQuire's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by WeaveDiva View Post
At the end of my first post, I stated it was the github version
Sorry. You stated you use the current Github version, it just went over my head for some reason and I missed that. My bad.

I'll have to load Carbonite into PTR again and see if any of the errors I get match yours. I won't be surprised if I do.

Anyway, thanks for replying and grats for getting into beta. Rythal can use any help available I'm sure.
__________________
I am not an addon author. I contribute when I can, answer questions when I am able, and post issues or ask questions now and then.
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 07:34 PM   #13
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
I didn't realize it would only allow 5 people... that really does defeat the purpose of having people test it. Why's it gotta be so hard to have something private that people I know will test, can test... and people who want to rip it off and charge money for "Working Brazillian Legion Carbonite!" , can't get it lol

Which is a shame, I haven't updated anything this week (blame Pokemon Go) but the 2 bugs jeffy was having "should" be fixed.. it was caused because the option was enabled that is gone..

first thing I did when moving to legion was tear out all the workaround hacks done to make it work with astrolab since that obsolete library is good and dead, and the new HBD replacement addons are using doesn't cause problems or need them. So the error was coming up when it got enabled since the code itself was all gone.

Last edited by Rythal : 07-13-16 at 07:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 08:27 PM   #14
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
I really didn't want to do it... but it's in Dev on github now, I've given up hope of ever getting my moose before Legion comes so I should have more time to work on it.
  Reply With Quote
07-13-16, 11:12 PM   #15
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
JWMcQuire's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I didn't realize it would only allow 5 people... that really does defeat the purpose of having people test it. Why's it gotta be so hard to have something private that people I know will test, can test... and people who want to rip it off and charge money for "Working Brazillian Legion Carbonite!" , can't get it lol

Which is a shame, I haven't updated anything this week (blame Pokemon Go) but the 2 bugs jeffy was having "should" be fixed.. it was caused because the option was enabled that is gone..

first thing I did when moving to legion was tear out all the workaround hacks done to make it work with astrolab since that obsolete library is good and dead, and the new HBD replacement addons are using doesn't cause problems or need them. So the error was coming up when it got enabled since the code itself was all gone.
Yes, I can see how that can be frustrating since it would be much easier for you to monitor 5 trusted contributors than 20 something people who may or may not repeat what happened with WoD. I'll download the new dev version you put up on Github and see how it looks in PTR which is actually just the Pre-patch that will be released later this month. As far as the Moose goes, I have done that raid once with guild mates through LFR and found that difficult enough with only 701 Ilevel. So I'm not likely to spend the gold for a ride-a-long just for a mount that may not drop for me anyway. ...but I digress.

Re: Your post regarding the new Dev version on Github:
As far as reviving the Dev version with your Legion edits, I think that will be a good thing for those of us wanting to help even with pre-legion edits you may not be willing to add to the Master version yet.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind, but when I closed my pull request to Master regarding the min/max button so I could resubmit to the new Dev, it showed several quest related commits already pushed to Master that aren't included in the new Dev so the new pull request to dev includes those commits.
__________________
I am not an addon author. I contribute when I can, answer questions when I am able, and post issues or ask questions now and then.
  Reply With Quote
07-14-16, 09:38 PM   #16
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant
 
WeaveDiva's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 30
I am happy to help in any way I can...I am on beta everyday that it is functioning. However, I have no programming experience so unless someone wants to teach me stuff, all I can do is send error reports. I got the latest off github Dev...have a map now (yay!) but still stacking up errors numbering in the thousands when standing in certain areas. My chat window is literally a blur when I walk into the town of Thunder Totem or in the druid order hall. The one that won't stop says

3066x Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5866: attempt to call global 'CooldownFrame_SetTimer' (a nil value)
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:5866: in function `?'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9170: in function `UpdateList'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8623: in function `func'
Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

The other major issue I have noticed (although I don't see any error output), is that you cannot take a flightpath while the main addon is loaded. I am currently only using the carbonite addons tagged for 7.0. I disabled the secondary ones one by one until the main one was the only one being used. Still couldn't take a FP till I disabled that as well.

Last edited by WeaveDiva : 07-14-16 at 10:11 PM. Reason: flightpaths
  Reply With Quote
07-15-16, 11:53 AM   #17
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
jeffy162's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,357
Still having trouble on the BETA. I am using the DEV version of Carbonite because it is aimed at the BETA.
Lua Code:
  1. BugGrabberDB = {
  2.     ["session"] = 30,
  3.     ["lastSanitation"] = 3,
  4.     ["errors"] = {
  5.         {
  6.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:3822: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)",
  7.             ["time"] = "2016/07/15 11:01:32",
  8.             ["locals"] = "this = <unnamed> {\n 0 = <userdata>\n NxMap = <table> {\n }\n texture = <unnamed> {\n }\n}\nelapsed = 0.010000000707805\nNx = <table> {\n GetDataToolBar = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1701\n modules = <table> {\n }\n CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:145\n Quest = <table> {\n }\n OnUnit_spellcast_sent = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1071\n VERSIONFAV = 0.15\n prt = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:95\n BarData = <table> {\n }\n prtVar = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:159\n ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:92\n GroupMembers = <table> {\n }\n ADDON_LOADED = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:790\n prtFrame = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:196\n db = <table> {\n }\n UnregisterAllComm = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\BugSack\\Libs\\CallbackHandler-1.0\\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:202\n SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455\n Graph = <table> {\n }\n ShowEditBox = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1348\n GatherInit = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:3076\n prtTable = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:144\n Font = <table> {\n }\n Util_TMoveI = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:341\n Combat = <table> {\n }\n NewModule = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:266\n MenuI = <table> {\n }\n VERSIONList = 0.1\n OnPlayer_regen_enabled = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1067\n ModuleUpdateIcon = <table> {\n }\n Initialized = true\n Script = <table> {\n }\n UNIT_NAME_UPDATE = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:794\n VERSIONCAP = 0.8\n GetName = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:310\n GatherMine = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:3149\n MapOverlayToMapId = <table> {\n }\n QInit = true\n Disable = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:345\n GatherUnpack = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:3207\n VERSIONHUDOPTS = 0.03\n GatherDeleteHerb = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:3220\n TabBar = <table> {\n }\n Window = <table> {\n }\n Print = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceConsole-3.0\\AceConsole-3.0.lua:54\n Util_SnapToScreen = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:562\n GatherTimber = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:3142\n Tick = 41454\n UnitDTip = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:986\n UnpackEvent = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1977\n ToolBar = <table> {\n }\n FindCharacter = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1852\n RegisterComm = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\BugSack\\Libs\\AceComm-3.0\\AceComm-3.0.lua:61\n MapWorldHotspots = <table> {\n }\n SetDefaultModuleLibraries = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:398\n ModQAction = \"\"\n AddEvent = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1932\n EnableModule = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:363\n IterateEmbeds = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:473\n GetEventMapId = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Carbonite.lua:1968\n Util_SecondsToDays = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:695\n Util_TMoveItem = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:361\n VERSIONTransferData = 0.1\n Util_TCopyRecurse = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:307\n VERSIONWin = 0.31\n prtCtrl = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxUI.lua:136\n CalendarDate = 0\n NXMapKeyTogHerb = <function> defined @Interface\\Ad",
  9.             ["stack"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:3822: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:3707>",
  10.             ["session"] = 29,
  11.             ["counter"] = 1,
  12.         }, -- [1]
  13.         {
  14.             ["message"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:387: attempt to index local 'srcInfo' (a nil value)",
  15.             ["time"] = "2016/07/15 11:01:32",
  16.             ["locals"] = "self = <table> {\n CaptureTaxi = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:102\n MakePath = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:374\n VisitedMapIds = <table> {\n }\n OnTaximap_opened = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:89\n Speed = 0.44444444444444\n TaxiNameStart = \"Dalaran\"\n TaxiTimer = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:319\n FlyingMount = false\n TaxiSaveTime = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:334\n OrigTakeTaxiNode = <function> defined =[C]:-1\n FindConnection = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:742\n TaxiFindNodeFromRouteXY = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:239\n PandariaFlyName = \"Wisdom of the Four Winds\"\n Init = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:30\n AzerothFlyName = \"Flight Master's License\"\n DebugCaptureTaxi = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:843\n Travel = <table> {\n }\n TaxiCalcTime = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:167\n WrathFlyName = \"Cold Weather Flying\"\n FindFlight = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:604\n DraenorFlyName = \"Draenor Pathfinder\"\n FindClosest = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:689\n TakeTaxiNode = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:134\n GetRidingSkill = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:895\n TaxiFindConnectionTime = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:260\n Add = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:53\n}\ntracking = <table> {\n}\nsrcMapId = 1054\nsrcX = 0\nsrcY = 0\ndstMapId = 1054\ndstX = 0\ndstY = 0\ntargetType = \"Q\"\nMap = <table> {\n Menu_OnTrackPlyr = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:2888\n GetInstanceID = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:8650\n ZoneOverlays = <table> {\n }\n GetZoneAchievement = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:10278\n MinimapOwnInit = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:1928\n MinimapUpdateDetachedFrms = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:2683\n MapLevels = <table> {\n }\n MinimapSetScale = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:2534\n OnButToggleGuide = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:1622\n GetWinName = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:1135\n SetToCurrentZone = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:8745\n GetIconStatic = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:7826\n UpdateToolBar = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:1172\n Menu_OnBackgndAlphaFade = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:2793\n BlizzToggleWorldMap = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:3183\n Menu_OnMapDebugFullCoords = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:2839\n GotoPlayer = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:8871\n ResetIcons = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:7689\n Minimap_OnEvent = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:2019\n UnpackObjective = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:10526\n GetWorldContinentInfo = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:9039\n ReverseTargets = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:9351\n GetWorldZoneScale = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:9098\n GMenu_OnPasteLink = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:3017\n ContCnt = 8\n CreateToolBar = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:1142\n PlyrNamesTipStr = \"\"\n Funcs = <table> {\n }\n DetachWorldMap = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:1386\n ClearTarget = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:9313\n BGMenu_OnHelp = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:3053\n VerifySettings = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:252\n HideMiniFrame",
  17.             ["stack"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxTravel.lua:387: in function `MakePath'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:5712: in function `CalcTracking'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\NxMap.lua:8875: in function `GotoPlayer'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:9874: in function `TrackOnMap'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:9674: in function `CalcAutoTrack'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:8705: in function `UpdateList'\nInterface\\AddOns\\Carbonite.Quests\\NxQuest.lua:8623: in function `func'\n...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <...\\AddOns\\Carbonite\\Libs\\AceTimer-3.0\\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>",
  18.             ["session"] = 29,
  19.             ["counter"] = 313,
  20.         }, -- [2]
  21.     },
  22. }
I am using 3 modules only - Carbonite, Carbonite.Notes and Carbonite.Quests. I posted this in the issues on the Github site. It is listed as issue #388. One thing is I am using other addons. List:
  • !BugGrabber
    BugSack
    ElvUI
    ElvUI_Config
    Masque
    Masque_CB-Elv
    MinimapButtonFrame
    MinimapButtonFrame_Elv
Carbonite is not on the list because I took it out of the addons folder.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » BETA Problem!!!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off