Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-14-19, 01:46 PM   #1
FranekW
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Publishing and updating addons

Hi sorry for a long post.

How do you manage addon versions on Curse? Do you delete previous versions? At some points there must be a number of different files including alphas, betas, and release! How to you organise your work around naming (and tagging if you use Git for instance).

TLDR

I have released a new small addon which I started with version v1.0.0-release. My code is on GitHub and I connected CurseForge with GitHub and now any new versions gets published according to a tag I add to any of the commits. Essentially Curse picks automatically each version when a new tag is created.

I have spotted a couple of wrong spellings or extra "texts" which were not supposed to be there. So I decided to release an updated version v1.0.1-release. I changed things and added a new tag v1.0.1-release. On the top of that, I began to work with locales but it became experimental so I tagged this version as alpha, under a new tag v1.1.0-alpha. I made another small changes in released version, made a new commit with a new tag, v1.0.2-release. Because, I also managed to make locales work, I tagged that work as v1.1.1. Someone else gave me more translations which I included but because Curse already published the previous version, I had to create a new tag v1.1.2, which as you can guess got published.

Essentially, I managed to produce a number of versions on Curse. I was wondering if it's possible to tell Curse to publish only the most updated version of -alpha, or -beta, or -release and delete the previous version, if it's possible. Would anything happen if I simply delete the previous versions? I mean how it affects people who already downloaded previous versions?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Publishing and updating addons