11-28-07, 08:36 PM   #1
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up MazzleUI Skins - Share your work or place a request

Well, I was wondering if there was anyone else making their own skins? Figured I would post up screen shots of a couple skins I have done and see if there was any interest in sharing our hard work.

I have modified my mazzlefier to include my skins on the Skins tab, takes editing 3 lua's in mazzle's folders and a couple in the skin folder, long as your careful and not leave out a comma, or forget to close the tags, its not to hard If you all are interested I can do my best to explain the way I did it, hopefully it's the right way , then you can have as many skins as you want.

Lets start by posting up some of our screen shots, or posting up an idea that you would like see made into a skin, and see where it goes.

Originally Posted by Cralor
I think there needs to be an index for all these awesome textures!!

Maybe you should list all the MazzleUI skins on WoWI on the first post? That way people don't have to scroll the whole thread, and can see all the skins for Mazzle in one area, and not have to search around WoWI for the skin downloads.

Thought it would be of help to others.

Nice work on everyone's skins!
Of course, Brilliant, here ya go
If you hover over the thumbnail it should tell you what the Skin is, click on them to see a full view and then just click on the link above to go straight to the download for that skin. Keep them coming and I will post an update here to link to them as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Elcarath_Draenei.jpg
Views:	3124
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1565  Click image for larger version

Name:	Elcarath_BloodElf.jpg
Views:	2652
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1566  Click image for larger version

Name:	Elcarath_Pink.jpg
Views:	1664
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1585  Click image for larger version

Name:	cbarthel_NightElf_Purple.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1586  

Name:	Elcarath_Tauren.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1587  Click image for larger version

Name:	cbarthel_OldFarm.jpg
Views:	1723
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1588  Click image for larger version

Name:	Dreadlorde_Shiny.jpg
Views:	1422
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1609  Click image for larger version

Name:	Elcarath_WotLK.jpg
Views:	1644
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1610  

Name:	Elcarath_Orc.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1627  Click image for larger version

Name:	Gees Atlantas.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1639  Click image for larger version

Name:	Gees Diablo2.jpg
Views:	1157
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1642  Click image for larger version

Name:	Gees Lich King.png
Views:	1332
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1643  

Last edited by Elcarath : 01-18-08 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Adding in links to all the skins posted throughout this thread - Let me know if I missed one
11-29-07, 10:28 AM   #2
cbarthel
A Murloc Raider

skins

Those are really nice I think I may have to try my hand and making a skin. Do you have some kind of template set up to do these?
11-29-07, 11:48 AM   #3
Heartwork
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Those are nice , i wish there were more skins available for DL to Mazzle.
11-29-07, 05:51 PM   #4
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cbarthel
I think I may have to try my hand and making a skin. Do you have some kind of template set up to do these?
You should let us see what you come up with too. I actually used BLP2PNG to convert the blp files from Mazzles default skin, they became my templetes. I open them into PS as the base layer, that way I get everything positioned right, and then remove that layer before I save them back as PNG files. BLP2PNG converts them back to BLP's.

Originally Posted by Heartwork
Those are nice , i wish there were more skins available for DL to Mazzle.
I'm hoping this will be the place to go for lots of skins

Is anyone interested in adding more skins to their mazzlegasm's? I can put together a step by step if so, then we can download all that we like. I have started working on a skin using some of HR Gigers work, looks cool in my head just hope it comes out that way.

Looking forward to seeing more skins
11-29-07, 06:30 PM   #5
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

I think this thread needs to be stickied.

Glad you started it up.

Nice skins!!
11-30-07, 08:29 AM   #6
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Cralor
I think this thread needs to be stickied.

Glad you started it up.
Not sure how a post becomes stickied it would be cool though. Thanks for the post

I am working on writing up instructions for adding in a new skin, and hope to have them posted some time today. I will also be posting the two skins I made for those who would like to use them.
12-01-07, 10:33 AM   #7
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Here are the instructions to add a new skin. They are also in the ZIP file and should be included in any skin folders that are downloaded. These instructions assume you have the latest release of MazzleUI and it is in working order. Well then, Here we go

In the downloaded zip file there will be several lua files and a couple folders.
  1. Copy the folder MazzleUI_Skin_"author"_"skin name" into \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns just as it is, no changes needed.
  2. Open up the Preview Image folder and copy the file inside to the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier\images folder
  3. Open the file ADD_to_your_MazzleUI_AddOnDB.lua with wordpad (NOT notepad) and copy the full line that is there.
  4. Open the file MazzleUI_AddOnDB.lua with wordpad, it will be in the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI folder.

• Do a search for MazzleUI_Skin, should be a list of at least 8 more depending on how many skins you have installed. Scroll down to the bottom of the skins listed.
    • Paste the line you copied from the previous step at the bottom of this section. It should look like this:

Code:
      				["MazzleUI_Skin_Dreadlorde_Discord"] = { core = true, library= true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},
      				["MazzleUI_Skin_Kappatre_Slate"] = { core = true, library= true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},
      ----this is the line you added - ->  ["MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf"] = { core = true, library= true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},
        				["MCP"] = { core = true, specialPackages = {mule = true},},
    • Save and close
  5. Open the file ADD_to_your_MazzleOptions_Settings2.lua with wordpad (NOT notepad) and copy the 7 lines there
  6. Open the file MazzleOptions_Settings2.lua with wordpad, it will be in the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MazzleOptions folder.
    • Do a search for MazzleUI_Skin, the section for each skin is 7 linnes, you will need to scroll down to bottom of the skins listed
    • Paste the lines you copied from the previous step, allow a blank line below the last skin, it should look like this:
      Code:
      tempItem = {
      			["addonName"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Noob123_Undead",
      			["requiredAddOn"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Noob123_Undead",
      			["type"] = "AddOnHeader",
      			["addonDescription"] = "This load-on-demand add-on provides artwork and layout information for Noob123's Undead skin.",
              }
          table.insert(addItem, tempItem)

tempItem = {
      			["addonName"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf",
      			["requiredAddOn"] = "MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf",
      			["addonDescription"] = "This load-on-demand add-on provides artwork and layout information for Elcarath's Blood Elf skin.",
              }

tempItem = {
      			["addonName"] = "Metrognome",
      			["requiredAddOn"] = "Metrognome",
      			["addonDescription"] = "This add-on is an Ace 2 library that allows add-ons to set up OnUpdate-like processing using any arbitrary timer interval.",
              }
    • Save and close
  7. Open the file ADD_to_your_Mazzifier_Globals.lua with wordpad (NOT notepad) and copy the 2 lines there
  8. Open the file Mazzifier_Globals.lua with wordpad, it will be in the \World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier folder
    • Do a search for Mazifier_skininfo, should be a list of at least 8 more depending on how many skins you have installed. Scroll down to the bottom of the skins listed.
    • Paste the lines you copied from the previous step, Important- change the number that is in the square brakets to the next number, it should look like this:
      Code:
      		Mazzifier_SkinInfo[7] = {name="Kappatre's Slate Skin", devname= "slate", image="slate", lodName = "MazzleUI_Skin_Kappatre_Slate", 
                     		            description="|CFF00FF00Skin Name|r: Kappatre's Purple Slate Skin\n\n|CFF00FF00Author|r:  Kappatre\n\n|CFF00FF00Description|r: Purple skin with gradient texture.  Modeled to look similar to a Skinner look.\n\n|CFF00FF00Provides|r: Bottom panel artwork and other basic artwork (castbar border, chatbox border, minimap border).  "}
      		Mazzifier_SkinInfo[8] = {name="Dreadlorde's Discord Skin", devname= "discord", image="discord", lodName = "MazzleUI_Skin_Dreadlorde_Discord", 
                            		     description="|CFF00FF00Skin Name|r: Dreadlorde's Discord Skin\n\n|CFF00FF00Author|r:  Dreadlorde\n\n|CFF00FF00Description|r: Skin using textures from the Discord mods and web site.\n\n|CFF00FF00Provides|r: Bottom panel artwork and other basic artwork (castbar border, chatbox border, minimap border).  "}
      		Mazzifier_SkinInfo[9] = {name="Elcarath's Blood Elf Skin", devname= "bloodelf", image="ElcarathBloodElf", lodName = "MazzleUI_Skin_Elcarath_BloodElf", 
          		                       description="|CFF00FF00Skin Name|r: Elcaraths Blood Elf Skin\n\n|CFF00FF00Author|r:  Elcarath\n\n|CFF00FF00Description|r: Based on the Blood Elf website on World of Warcraft. Red and gold theme using images from the website.\n\n|CFF00FF00Provides|r: Bottom panel artwork and other basic artwork (castbar border, chatbox border, minimap border).  "}
    • Save and close
  9. Start up WOW, run the Mazzifier and your new skin should be available in the drop down.

I am waiting for approval on the downloads page, soon as they are available I will post a link to to the skins I have done
12-01-07, 10:39 AM   #8
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Elcarath
I am waiting for approval on the downloads page, soon as they are available I will post a link to to the skins I have done
Here is my Blood Elf skin
12-01-07, 11:08 AM   #9
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

and here is my Draenei Skin
12-03-07, 11:34 AM   #10
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Smile Request for a Pink Skin

Originally Posted by xXAshlinaXx
I love the fact that you have included new skins for mazzle The night elf one is really nice for my druid. A girly pink one would be cool for my gnome mage pls !
Ran across this request on another thread and thought, What the hey, I'll give it a shot. Dug around and found a pink leafy border that seemed to fit the bill and went from there. Hopefully I got somewhere close to the request

You can download it here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Elcarath_Pink.jpg
Views:	1309
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1573  
12-03-07, 10:50 PM   #11
Viroc
An Aku'mai Servant
How about some kind of Merciless Gladiator/Vengeful Gladiator Arena/PvP theme? or PvP Troll warrior? Just a thought...
12-04-07, 01:11 AM   #12
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
I had to say it... sorry...

How about a Nightelf Mohawk theme?
12-04-07, 05:48 PM   #13
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by DeTard
I had to say it... sorry...

How about a Nightelf Mohawk theme?
Nice

"Maybe Mister T is pretty handy with computers"

Wonder if he is a MazzleUI user too
12-04-07, 05:55 PM   #14
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Viroc
How about some kind of Merciless Gladiator/Vengeful Gladiator Arena/PvP theme? or PvP Troll warrior? Just a thought...
That would be cool, I can try and come up with something. Did you have anything particular in mind?
12-04-07, 07:19 PM   #15
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I should make another skin for mazzle. I'm not to fond of how the last one came out..

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
12-04-07, 10:53 PM   #16
Viroc
An Aku'mai Servant
Sadly, when it comes to art, I am about the least creative person on earth. That being said, I don't have anything particular in mind; I'm really excited to see where you (the guy with actual artistic ability) take it. Your work looks inspired from what I have seen.
12-05-07, 05:29 AM   #17
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
I really like the Blood Elf and Draenei themes! As far as inspiration goes for other skins, could you possibly throw one together for each race? Just along the same concept as the other two, racial symbol on one side, picture of said race on the other, with unique color schemes and borders? I happen to play a blood elf, orc, and tauren and would simply love to have a racial skin for each one.

[Edit] I'd try to throw a few together myself but the file extension are completely foreign to me. The Photoshop/Gimp work isn't the problem, it's the file extensions, and the fact that Photoshop is currently not speaking with Vista. Okay..Photoshop is also a problem. lol.
12-05-07, 06:46 PM   #18
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I should make another skin for mazzle. I'm not to fond of how the last one came out..
You should, I would like to see a new skin, or two, from you

Good to hear from you Dreadlorde
12-05-07, 06:49 PM   #19
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thanks for the kind words Viroc, Give me a little time to think on it will come up with somethin for ya
12-05-07, 06:54 PM   #20
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm making a new one now. That's one's a secret though

I was thinking of making a gnome one and a WoWI one too.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI Skins - Share your work or place a request