09-13-09, 06:49 PM   #1
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Game Font

I was wondering if there is a way to set the game font to all be the same without on every toon have to goto Interface>addons>nUI then changeing both fonts one at a time.

I was told earlier how to change the preset chat font from the standard I would like to change the HUD and indicator fonts one time so every toon i log on has the same font setup.

This one is a little off the font, but is there a way to set the default HUD space to 500 instead of the normal 400?

Thanks in advance for any help with this setup.

Coke

09-14-09, 04:06 AM   #2
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
other than using the / command and makking a server macro no, not intill nui 6 (when it comes out)

*hides from somthing flying*

09-14-09, 04:14 AM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's not nUI specific

http://vranx.com/font.htm

Very informative guide.

09-14-09, 04:19 AM   #4
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
i sure you are able to chage font with nui, or at lets i can with the gconfig plugin for nui :P

09-14-09, 04:30 AM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by richwarf View Post
i sure you are able to chage font with nui, or at lets i can with the gconfig plugin for nui :P

Does it change font globally, or just for that character? They're looking for a global font change.

09-14-09, 06:35 AM   #6
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
i know, i just saying if some one can post the /command here they can make a server/account macro and just play the macro once :P

Saves adding a new addon :P

09-14-09, 10:56 AM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

The link Yhor posted shows a way to make a global change without adding another addon just for that purpose. I've been using that very method for many years. Very easy to do and requires no updating. It just simply works.

It gives the global change the OP appears to be after without it being tied to any addon. Its just a font folder in the main wow directory.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 09-14-09 at 10:59 AM.

09-14-09, 04:55 PM   #8
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

You can change nui's font for every character by going to nui>main>localization.lua go down till you see all the font paths and comment out the ones you don't want using -- at the beginning of the line, and deleting those from the one you do want. You can also add any font you want by downloading it and saving it in nui>layouts>default>fonts. then simply add a line to the localization file specifying your new font
Example: you'll notice I added the Morpheus font in mine
Code:
nUI_L = {};
nUI_Locale = GetLocale(); 

--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\ABF.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\Accidental Presidency.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\Adventure.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\Bazooka.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\Emblem.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\Enigma__2.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\Tw_Cen_MT_Bold.ttf";
    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\MORPHEUS.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\VeraSe.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font1"] = "Fonts\\ARIALN.TTF";

nUI_L["font2"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\MORPHEUS.ttf";
--    nUI_L["font2"] = "Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF";
--    nUI_L["font2"] = "Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Layouts\\Default\\Fonts\\Emblem.ttf";

Last edited by neuralassassin : 09-14-09 at 04:58 PM.

09-14-09, 08:24 PM   #9
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
It's not nUI specific

http://vranx.com/font.htm

Very informative guide.
Thanks alot, to make all my toons font the same i created 8 copies of the font i wanted (Tahoma) and renamed them to exactly what the nUI font names where and was able to make it always on every toon load the font i liked, even did what the link stated and make all of wows font Tahoma its kinda different and takes some gettign use to but it kewl

Thanks again

Coke

09-14-09, 09:57 PM   #10
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Glad you got your font on!

(I can't find the movie quote where I heard "get your 'funk' on", but pun was intended!)

09-15-09, 01:44 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think Malsumis's Font Changer compliments nUI extremely well. It helps to make the rest of the fonts match. This is merely an easier way to create the above mentioned Font folder in the games root directory.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntChanger.html

09-15-09, 09:52 PM   #12
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I think Malsumis's Font Changer compliments nUI extremely well. It helps to make the rest of the fonts match. This is merely an easier way to create the above mentioned Font folder in the games root directory.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntChanger.html
You find the coolest stuff!!

09-17-09, 09:08 PM   #13
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post
She really does doesn't she?

09-18-09, 06:27 AM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
She really does doesn't she?

I love finding new WoW addons/tools to play with. I think nUI is by far the coolest one though!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Game Font