01-17-10, 02:25 PM   #1
Amenity
Venting, randomness, and videos...crazy weekend.

Sorry, just gotta have some place to vent a bit. :P

It all started with a date. I show up at my date's house and ring the doorbell. I hear "I'll be right there!" from inside the house, followed shortly by "thumpthumpthUMPTHUMP BAMMMM!", and then absolute silence. I rang the bell, knocked on the door, and no response. So, I did what any normal person (well, imo at least) would do: I found an unlocked window and managed to climb my way in...to find my date unconscious at the bottom of a staircase.

Call the emergency services, etc. Breathing and pulse are OK, but remaining unconscious. After a bit, I hear sirens pulling up to the house. I open the front door to go out and meet the police officers...and am promptly handcuffed and stuffed into the back seat of a cruiser.

Apparently, a neighbor saw me "break in" through the window and called the police. Fortunately they listened as I explained my situation, and after confirming my call to 911, they let me go. EMTs show up and cart my date off to the hospital. They wouldn't give me much information (it was a first date and I don't know the family), but apparently it's a concussion and a "moderate to severe back injury".

Ugh...why me. I swear I've got a dark cloud following me everywhere...much like the ones overhead this morning as I attended a funeral in the rain.

So, life's been letting loose the dumptrucks o' suck on poor Ame here lately. Bleh...maybe I just need some Ben & Jerry's. However it hasn't been all bad...I've been working my butt off on the next version of REMIX and I'm pretty happy with the progress I'm making. Also, stalking Ferous on Hydraxis is fun too (thanks for being a good sport, Farara!).

The other stuff I've been messing around with is video editing. I did a lot of this back in college for the university PR department, but times have changed a lot from the ancient VCR-based Casablanca standalone I used to edit on. So, I registered for YouTube and posted a couple vids I'd like some opinions on:

1. REMIX Installation Instructions video - 4:36 of your life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJLQrEm2oRs

2. Addon concept demo for an addon that dims the game world (but not UI elements!) while in combat so you can see what's going on a bit better - 1:21 of your life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAVcKhXCBRM

Still can't get my video quality up, though. All this encoding stuff seems way too complicated to me...why is it that there isn't some sort of standardised format by now?

So anyway, thank you for your patience in dealing with my crazy rambling vent-post of doom here.

01-17-10, 03:42 PM   #2
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thumbs up

Glad you were a normal person and helped your date. Also, very glad the police listened to you.
01-17-10, 10:04 PM   #3
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
O_O

Forgive If I have this wrong but ....

Your date fall down the stairs ...

Now he/she is dead ?

There are just no words I can write here to express my dismay at your loss. Instead I am left with :

tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
01-17-10, 10:15 PM   #4
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
i don't thinkt he funeral was for his girlfriend i may be wrong but.
but apparently it's a concussion and a "moderate to severe back injury". there is no mention of death of her.

Now he said he went to a funeral but did not specify who's it was.
01-17-10, 10:16 PM   #5
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I think the date and the funeral are un-related, but still a really crappy weekend.
01-17-10, 10:24 PM   #6
Amenity
Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
O_O

Forgive If I have this wrong but ....

Your date fall down the stairs ...

Now he/she is dead ?

There are just no words I can write here to express my dismay at your loss. Instead I am left with :

Oh, no no no. Not at all...very much alive in fact. Just in the hospital with some pretty serious injuries (though I really don't know the details...HIPAA and all that).

The funeral I went to was for a friend of mine I'd known since I was 12 years old, who died of renal failure earlier in the week. It wasn't an unexpected thing, but obviously was an ordeal for me leading up to it and the crappy weather didn't help any.

I'm starting to feel better now that I've gotten my venting done and focused on other stuff. Just nice to have a sounding board away from all the people you deal with in-person on a daily basis, you know?
01-17-10, 10:37 PM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
...They wouldn't give me much information (it was a first date and I don't know the family), but apparently it's a concussion and a "moderate to severe back injury".
Nope not dead.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-17-10, 10:50 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
01-17-10, 11:29 PM   #9
Amenity
01-18-10, 07:06 AM   #10
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

you at lest are getting a 2nd date right? after all you saved her that should get you in the door for sure!!!

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Venting, randomness, and videos...crazy weekend.