02-05-10, 02:41 AM   #1
Amenity
Final "loose ends"

Apologies for this. Seems like I always forget something important at the most inopportune moments. If this is the wrong place for this, please move. If this is "inappropriate", please remove. This is just something I have to do in order to fulfill what I believe are my obligations to the UI community. I'd like to be able to sleep at some point tonight.

The following AddOns are ones that I consider integral to REMIX, have no replacement of equal or greater value, and without which the UI is no longer functional as intended:
Code:
ButtonFacade
Engraved
Fortress
LunarSphere
Reflux
SBF
Stuf
TidyPlates
The following people have provided code that is currently in one of the REMIX collection AddOns:
Code:
nightcracker -- The "pulse code" being used in REMIX_Minimap
Stuck -- Workaround for class-coloured borders, tons of help time

The following people have unknowingly assisted me in the creation of my AddOns and/or UI by virtue of me peeking at their code:

Seerah (I never would've figured this out on my own):
lua Code:
  1. if not CalendarFrame then
  2.                         LoadAddOn("Blizzard_Calendar")

Mickelus (massive help in cleaning up my code):
lua Code:
  1. local hidethis = {
  2.             MinimapZoomIn,
  3.             MinimapZoomOut,
  4.             MinimapBorderTop,
  5.             MinimapToggleButton,
  6.             MiniMapWorldMapButton,
  7.             MiniMapVoiceChatFrame,
  8.             MinimapNorthTag,
  9.             MinimapZoneText,
  10.             MinimapBorder,
  11.             GameTimeFrame,
  12.             MinimapZoneTextButton,
  13.             MiniMapBattlefieldBorder,
  14.             MiniMapTracking,
  15.             MiniMapCompassRing,
  16.             MiniMapMailFrame,
  17.         }
  19.         for _, frame in pairs(hidethis) do
  20.             frame:Hide()
  21.             frame.Show = function() end
  22.         end

Stuck: Well, pretty much all of it. I still pour over the RantTooltip base like it's some kind of religious tome. (lol)

The following are unfinished works by me that were inspired by others and which I would like to finish with your permission:

Cairenn: about 3-4 half-done print-ready (CMYK, but colour-sepped for mono) vector designs for your "redheaded Ranger" (liberally interpreted by myself as I was given no specifics).

Ferous: the REMIX: TurboPINK UI we've discussed (the "functional pink UI for women who enjoy retarded levels of unabashed girliness").

I also did a bunch of "transparent glass" rasters and a "heart-shaped button" image, but I don't remember who it was that wanted these.

Ok, I believe this is comprehensive. If it is not, I apologize...my memory isn't quite what it used to be. I'm pretty sure this is it, though.

If anyone who is in any way related to any of the above AddOns, code, or just general "stuff" wishes for me to no longer use any of the above AddOns, code, or general "stuff", please contact me in-game (Amity/Amenity/Antipathy/Alacrity/Avidity on Horde, Andorhal-US), contact me through deviantART (http://bombshelterstudios.deviantart.com/), or send me an e-mail at [email protected] (checked quite frequently...Kupo can attest to that. Also mods, I have no problems with this email address being public) so that I am aware that you no longer wish for me to distribute your work as part of my collection(s).

As far as the things I am leaving behind: You are free to use anything and everything as you see fit with no attribution given to me at all (including code...not that you'd want to, it's pretty sloppy) EXCEPT for any textures, fonts, or graphics of any type. This mainly applies to the following, which are my own work:

-All bar textures that are being used with Stuf in REMIX
-All background textures being used with kgPanels in REMIX, and REMIX_Minimap's overlays
-Any "promotional" graphics (such as the REMIX banner, screenshots, etc)

Having posted this, I now consider my obligations (as artist, programmer, community member, and human being) fulfilled. I strongly urge you to contact me in the aforementioned ways if you find this unacceptable, and I will do everything I can to find an arrangement that you will be satisfied with.

As a final note to the administration: I would greatly appreciate it if you were to remove any and all AddOns, Compilations, or patches that are on this site, as well as this user account. Save yourself some HD space and bandwidth, 'cause I won't be using it any longer. There's nothing under this name that won't be easily forgotten (if not gladly abandoned).

I always suck at bringing things to a close. There are some things they don't teach in Massachusetts, I guess...probably because we were too busy measuring bridges and worshiping a rat. So, for lack of a better solution, I leave you with:

-Ame

Last edited by Amenity : 02-05-10 at 02:45 AM.

02-05-10, 03:41 AM   #2
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you have the time then you can replace the following:
Code:
ButtonFacade -- ractionbuttonstyler(i have an own version inspired by ractionbuttonstyler lying around, pm me if you want the code)
Engraved -- no replacement
Fortress -- dunno, i'm not known with LDB
LunarSphere -- no replacement
Reflux -- one extremely nice addon, but if you have a finished version of your UI I would suggest making your own addon that installs all(you can just copy/paste WTF files to make them install their values on startup)
SBF -- it's not that hard to write a lua only buff addon unless you want to do really complicated things (pm me for some already-done code)
Stuf -- oUF if you have lots and lots of time
TidyPlates -- ncnameplates or cael's or aloft or... you name it
EDIT: Didn't realize you were going! I hope you will have a nice time in the rest of your life mate! I certainly won't forget you! I still don't get it though WHY your leaving...

EDIT2: If you want me to I'll take over aTRACKt here on WoWI and supply it with updates. PM me!

Farewell Ameya Selené! (deviantart personal details)

Last edited by nightcracker : 02-05-10 at 05:01 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Final "loose ends"