04-20-11, 09:51 AM   #1
Donnaterassi
An Aku'mai Servant
nUI_InfoPanel_DualStats (1.03.02) seems to be causing this, but i can't figure why.

I had been having a couple of issues with add ons lately, so this may seem off-topic, but I promise to get there eventually.

I run a ton of add ons. So when I installed one that seemed unwilling to 'play well with others', I disabled it, and sent to the author for assistance. The new mod seemed to be causing Auctionator to crash wow on full scan. Postal also failed, but it didn't seem to be relate-able to the new mod. Disabling the new one allowed the scans to continue further before crashing, but Postal was non responsive. So I deleted the new mod. This seemed to resolve the crashing, but still no Postal.
So I reinstalled Postal. still nada. So i uninstalled Postal again - restarted my computer - and reinstalled Postal again. Oh happy day, Postal works. And Auctionator is scanning.
I begin re-enabling my add-ons. Its a bit of a process, because 1)there are a lot of them and 2) Auctionator can only run a scan every 15 minutes (TY, blizzard)
I re-install the add on that I originally thought was the problem, and Postal is good and Auctionator scans.
I enable nUI (plus) and we're still good.
Then I enable nUI_InfoPanel_DualStats (1.03.02) - but not omen3 or recount and, trouble.
Postal still works, but Auctionator can not complete a scan.
Its not crashing me out of WoW, It is -just- not allowing the scan to finish.
The only way to get out of it is to walk away from the auction house (until the window closes) and then /nUI rl.

Any reason you guys can think of why this plug in would interfere with a process that it doesn't seem it should be interacting with?

04-20-11, 05:14 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure what the issue might be there... it might be any number of things. To be sure, however, you should not be running DualStats without Recount and Omen enabled. That's going to cause problems all it's own.

I might suggest you consider removing dual stats, Omen and Recount and just install Skada. See what happens.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » nUI_InfoPanel_DualStats (1.03.02) seems to be causing this, but i can't figure why.