02-06-15, 04:39 AM   #1
A Murloc Raider
minimap icon addon help

hi, ive been looking for an addon thats similar to MBBhttp://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mbb#c208 which keeps all minimap icons within 1 icon.
The addon works great, however its ugly, is there a way to make an addon that does the exact same thing but looks much simpler, (something like a button like this(http://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/le...-bracket_25985) on the minimap), can someone teach me how to accomplish this?

thank you for your patience.
02-06-15, 05:06 AM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All you need to do is replace the texture of MBB with the arrow you posted.
Go inside the MBB folder and replace Icon.tga file.

And if you also want to remove blizzards boarder you may use the attached blp file too:
Go into your "Interface" folder (NOT ADDONS) and create a folder with the name "MINIMAP"
Now put the file inside.
Attached Files
File Type: tga icon.tga (4.0 KB, 227 views)
File Type: blp MiniMap-TrackingBorder.blp (3.8 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by Tonyleila : 02-06-15 at 05:20 AM.
02-06-15, 09:37 AM   #3
A Murloc Raider
Thank you very much!
this has been bothering me for a long time
now it looks perfect from outside.
however it looks kind of unmatched inside like the picture ( )
looks like a few icons have not been cut to fit in the circular border.
1 is rarity, the other one is skada,
is there a way to make them circular too? ( do i have to change stuff from each addons?)
Thank you for your attention.
02-06-15, 10:34 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by 748248721 View Post
is there a way to make them circular too? ( do i have to change stuff from each addons?)
The addons whose icons are square are probably just using built-in game textures (eg. Skada uses "Interface/Icons/Spell_Lightning_LightningBolt01") rather than custom texture files (eg. BigWigs). If you want them to be circular, you'd need to make a circular version of the icon, and then edit the addon's Lua code to make it use that instead of the built-in icon.

Your other option would be to edit the code of MBB and/or LibDBIcon to use SetPortraitToTexture so the icons were cropped to a cicular shape automatically -- but this only works with BLP-format textures, so it would not work for addons that provide their own icons in TGA format.
02-06-15, 11:11 AM   #5
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Just use a broker display instead and you can even hide the icons on mouseover or only show text.
Bazooka:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bazooka

all addons I know that have a minimap button also have support for LDB display.
02-06-15, 12:52 PM   #6
A Murloc Raider
hi,thank you for the answer.
tried 1st option, too much work because rarity uses all sorts of icons like mounts and pets, ain't nobody got time to make them all circlar ,
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Your other option would be to edit the code of MBB and/or LibDBIcon to use SetPortraitToTexture so the icons were cropped to a cicular shape automatically -- but this only works with BLP-format textures, so it would not work for addons that provide their own icons in TGA format.
i've read this 5 times and looked into setportraittotexture and googled it and downloaded libdbicon, and still have no idea what it means and where i should put it, can u please explain a bit more for me about where i should put in the setportraittotexture
thank you for your patience.
(btw love phanxchat, using it everyday, thx for making it)

Last edited by 748248721 : 02-06-15 at 01:07 PM.
02-06-15, 01:05 PM   #7
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Just use a broker display instead and you can even hide the icons on mouseover or only show text.
Bazooka:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bazooka

all addons I know that have a minimap button also have support for LDB display.
Thanks for your advice, but i don't wanna add extra crap on the screen because i'm using a laptop, the space is limited and it's a waste of space, not to mention it's ugly, just want to keep it as simple as possible.
wait a second, it's beautiful when i set the opacity to 0%, thx for ur advice!i'll look into the options more )
nevermind, it messes up the location of the minimap and buffs bar with or without the "adjust frames" checked.

Last edited by 748248721 : 02-06-15 at 01:24 PM.
02-06-15, 01:42 PM   #8
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by 748248721 View Post
Thanks for your advice, but i don't wanna add extra crap on the screen because i'm using a laptop, the space is limited and it's a waste of space, not to mention it's ugly, just want to keep it as simple as possible.
wait a second, it's beautiful when i set the opacity to 0%, thx for ur advice!i'll look into the options more )
nevermind, it messes up the location of the minimap and buffs bar with or without the "adjust frames" checked.
You have to set the bar to anchor to nothing so you can move it around to wherever you want it.
Disable the background and it will be just the icons.
02-08-15, 06:59 PM   #9
Mazzop
A Cliff Giant
i found http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/minimap-button-frame better for me than MBB
can be skinned and highly configured
02-09-15, 01:15 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Minimap Button Frame is available on WoWI, too.
MinimapButtonFrame

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » minimap icon addon help