06-21-10, 03:02 PM   #1
Arianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Missing Directional Arrow--help, please

I'm directionally challenged, so I rely heavily on the directional arrow with the Estimated Time of Arrival on my Carbonite. This morning, in the middle of questing, that arrow suddenly disappeared. I've even re-installed Carbonite, but there's still no arrow, and I can't quest without it.

Anyone know how to get it back, please?

06-21-10, 06:04 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
What happens if you enable only Carbonite? If the arrow comes back, it's an addon conflict.

More likely, though, your savedvariables file got corrupted. Try renaming it to something like "carbonite.old.lua" and see if that fixes it. If not, try /carb resetwin, which will reset all your carb windows to their default positions.

06-21-10, 06:07 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

And also double check the small radio buttons at the top of the Carbonite Quest Tracker. I have a funny feeling you may have accidentally hit the Purple button and disabled Auto Tracking, which does shut off the arrow.

And yes, Ive done it myself several times, lol.

06-21-10, 07:10 PM   #4
Arianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the suggestions, but a guildie found the fix: /carb resetwin. No idea what that means, but it fixed the problem

I do very much appreciate ya'll taking the time to respond.

06-21-10, 07:38 PM   #5
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

The most likely cause is that you accidentally dragged the arrow off the screen in the heat of combat. \carb resetwin resets the carb window to the default settings.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Missing Directional Arrow--help, please