05-24-07, 05:37 AM   #41
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well I've done my best to find updated versions of everything I can. For example the newest version of AdvancedTradeSkill actually works WAY better than the old one and has no conflicts. But I may have missed one or two mods in the updating and not used the newest versions. But seeing as how none of them are mission critical, I doubt even updating them will affect anything at all.

And Mazzle, did you change anything specific with your raid settings? I have not had any problems with raiding as of yet (sRaidFrames is actually the only part I've ever had real problems that lasted more than like 5 mins of fiddeling) but would like to keep a look out just in case. So any info will make my week.

PS The Cartographer thing actually went away for me on its own. I think one of the releases added a conversion script to it from the old saved variable form, or something of the like.
05-24-07, 08:18 AM   #42
Taakevandre
A Murloc Raider
The only problem ive encountered is that i cant right click on the fubar, to enable/disable addons on the fubar, nor make new "lines", so i cant do **** with it :x

Last edited by Taakevandre : 05-24-07 at 08:52 AM.
05-24-07, 09:08 AM   #43
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ironshield
Offense fully intended - people like you should just stay away. You got something for free that you are now whining about even though that is not where the problem is! The man did not build you a UI to compensate for your laziness in keeping your own dang machine up to date! He built a UI that works well with add ons that *you* keep up to date -- idiot -- are you also ditching MS Windows cuz uncle Bill did not keep your version of Firefox up to date for you?!

If you are too lazy to keep your add ons up to date, and certainly lazy enough that your TWO posts on these forums don't speak too highly to community contributions here, you're sure as heck not dedicated enough to anything to even begin to understand the amount of work and time that goes into making something like this UI.

Be gone! (May this also serve to caution other would be thoughtless whiners that might forget to engage brain before mouth.)
This is one of the people I bet Mazzle does code for. And one of the people I beta test for. Hear Hear.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
05-24-07, 10:20 AM   #44
Munkwards
A Murloc Raider
What are the pvp addons that this runs?

my score sheet no longer works and cant exit the game and the maps no longer work

Thanks
05-24-07, 11:03 AM   #45
Demenda
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you so much Mazzle, for this fantastic UI! And kudos to the community who had all the answers to my questions when I came here! Without all you guys I think I'd be at a loss here.

Keep up the splendid work all of you!

I did the wau and remazzify, and everything works fantastic as it's allways done...
05-24-07, 12:00 PM   #46
vampiricwound
A Cyclonian
first off, just about everything is working for me now and i love this UI

i have noticed though that when i right click someones name, the new option to report them is not there (had a goldspammer in the trade channels) anyone know which mod might be blocking that? and if theres an update around it?
05-24-07, 12:31 PM   #47
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by airdragon
And Mazzle, did you change anything specific with your raid settings? I have not had any problems with raiding as of yet (sRaidFrames is actually the only part I've ever had real problems that lasted more than like 5 mins of fiddeling) but would like to keep a look out just in case. So any info will make my week.
I think I've made two changes since 1.0. First, I fixed the problem with viewing by class instead of by group. Second, I changed how MazzleUI sets the visibility of raid groups. In one of the version of sRaid between 1.0's and now, there was a settings format change that broke the old way I did it. That's what leads to certain errors you may get about 'GroupFilter'.

The first item you can fix easily on your own. The second would be more difficult, but I think can be ignore for now.
05-24-07, 01:18 PM   #48
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh, here's another observation. There are new 3d models in the patch. As a result, I'll need to add them to my model database and you'll get a warning message whenever you target one of those mobs. The one you guys probably all noticed is the combat pet named "Willy" or something.

If you want to disable those warnings, you can look in MazzleUI_Models.lua and comment out (add '--' at the beginning of the lines):

Code:
PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\Human\\MaleNPC\\HumanPesantMale\\HumanPesantMaleWoundB.wav");
self:Print("No camera found.  Report this mob to Mazzlefizz!")
05-24-07, 01:20 PM   #49
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Actually that hit it right on the head. I get all these weird errors at the start of raid but then after a second it goes away. And if my raid is under 20 people the time before I get no errors. Good to know where the problem lies so I don't constantly wonder "Which addon is doing this?"

Thanks Mazzle. I might try tackling the format changes on my own, but who knows. I've tinkered with it a bit already (removed it always saying needs monkey quest enabled and setting up an extra spot in the process to setup where QuestFu and Spamsentry get put/setup) so maybe if I get bored with grinding I'll see how many times I can crash WoW today. LOL. Can't wait
05-24-07, 02:26 PM   #50
Evanh
A Murloc Raider
First of all, what you have done to come this far I don't know.
What I do know is that your compilation is probably THE best one.
Why, well all you have to do is answer some questions an there it is.

I started using this UI today, after I installed the patch. All I had to do to make it work good was to update via WAU.
If you continue to improve this package it will be really hard to compete with it.

I yet have to try it in party/raid.

Really really great job.
Rating: 12/10
05-24-07, 05:53 PM   #51
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Hip hip hurrah f'r curmudgeons! (plus a Mac note)

I hate doing an atta-boy post, but GREAT reply, Mazzle, to those thinking that life should be free and easy!

BTW, for the Mac users, I've posted a HOW-TO on updating MazzleUI on Macs with the MacAceUpdater. I'm testing a return to Mazzle's Bongo fork to see if my presumptive Bongos2 upgrade (and loss of Mazzification) is unneeded.

edit: Bongos works fine on my wife's iMac G5, but crashes WoW on my MacBookPro (Intel).
More info in the above thread as I discover it.

--Mortie, Curmudgeon 327

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde

Last edited by Mortlach : 05-24-07 at 06:47 PM.
05-25-07, 02:15 PM   #52
brynchel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have updated like was recommended and only really have one problem. When in a raid, the party members are still shown. I have the block checked in WOW advanced interface options to hide the party when in Raid and unchecked also in mazzleUI options unit frame settings page.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by brynchel : 05-25-07 at 02:18 PM.
05-25-07, 03:03 PM   #53
levend
A Murloc Raider
im having trouble with the 3d models. if i enter into a fight before targetting something, i cant see the targetted enemy...

today i did some pvp and i saw that capping is giving some strange errors; [2007/05/26 00:54:12-396-x3]: Capping-2.0.3099\core.lua:581: attempt to index local 'button' (a nil value)
(tail call): ?:
<in C code>: in function `WorldStateScoreFrame_Update'
<string>:"*:OnShow":2: in function <[string "*:OnShow"]:1>
<in C code>: in function `Show'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1077: in function `SetUIPanel':
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:837: in function `ShowUIPanel':
Interface\FrameXML\WorldStateFrame.lua:678: in function `ToggleWorldStateScoreFrame':
<string>:"*:OnClick":9: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

and glorry lib also bugging too...

Last edited by levend : 05-25-07 at 04:33 PM.
05-26-07, 12:31 AM   #54
Isengarde
A Fallenroot Satyr

I got my game mazztastic in about 10 minutes by doing the following:

1.) Delete WTF folder, and interface folder.
2.) Redownload the mazzlefizz addon pack from this lovely site.
3.) installed it as usual.
4.) Downloaded MacAceUpdater.
5.) Clicked Select Outdated addons, (or w/e its labled as on the prog).
6.) Clicked install selected addons.
7.) Logged on, mazzified and all was good! Did have to minorly tweak the raid frames so they would be positioned correctly, but thats it!

I do have one question however... when entering and leaving BG's/Raids I hear this weird little voice that sounds like its saying Fatalities or something... just wondering what is causing that and how to disable or fix it. Thanks

So to the people griping about updating and just being lazy no good rapscallions, I propose this question: If your shoelaces were untied and you kept tripping on them, would you not take the time to simply tie them because it would take a few mins from your day, to simply keep tripping on them, taking more time and enjoyment from your day?

Last edited by Isengarde : 05-26-07 at 12:44 AM.
05-26-07, 02:04 AM   #55
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Isengarde
I do have one question however... when entering and leaving BG's/Raids I hear this weird little voice that sounds like its saying Fatalities or something... just wondering what is causing that and how to disable or fix it. Thanks
That's bugsack telling you that you've gotten an error. I found that Mortal Combat "Fatality!" sound really aggravating, so I replaced it with the one that people described as a foghorn. You can always open up your original MazzleUI zip and do the same.

EDIT: Actually, I see that Bugsack now has options for other sounds. You can just switch it there to something less maddening.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 05-26-07 at 02:15 AM.
05-26-07, 02:19 AM   #56
Isengarde
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ah okay cool thanks. I have run into one other problem I didn't even notice...
APparently after switching BGS, sraid frames isnt swapping out the old names from the last BG and it has all the peopel i was in the previous BG listed and not the current, however if I mouse over the wrong name, the tooltip shows the correct info... any ideas?
05-26-07, 09:27 AM   #57
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm having a problem that I have not seen discussed and was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on it. I updated Mazzle with the WAU including the !!standalone files and everything appears to be same as always and working flawlessly. I do seem to run into problems via alt-tab'ing in that the UI memory begins to rise and eventually my fps takes a nose dive requiring me to restart the game at which point my fps is fine. I have a beefy machine (Alienware) with 2 gigs of memory. I know some people had reported that the game would crash on them when alt-tab'ing when the new patch was released and thought perhaps my problem was related to this. I honestly don't think its a Mazzle problem but was curious if anyone else was having this sort of problem.
05-26-07, 12:14 PM   #58
weaponzero
A Kobold Labourer
On my warlock, soul shards keep moving themselves from my soul bag into my regular bags. At first it gave an error message when i tried to move them back into the soul bag, but now it doesnt. It just puts them back into the main bags.

On my rogue, post 2.1 the stealth bar which replaces the main bar when I stealth no longer returns to the main bar upon unstealthing. This problem so far has only happened in the arena, not when questing or doing PvE.

Autobar stopped working with patch 2.1, has simply turned itself into a green dot in the center of my screen that does nothing.
05-26-07, 04:14 PM   #59
Phyraan
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Fhait
Also, I cannot click on the Mazzle Options in the top FuBar to open up the menu.
I got this too, only it doesnt work for any character on any server. And because of this, i cant edit my action bars, so I cant display any new spells, which is causing concern.

The map thing worked when i used the shift+mousewheel thing, though it looked slightly different.
05-27-07, 08:54 PM   #60
beamar
A Murloc Raider
Also having some of the probs listed above

-raid frames and party windows both showing up during raids. Have party windows unchecked.

-Targets not always showing up when attacking.

-A new one that i ran into today. The border around the map now seems to be sitting at the top right hand corner of the screen and not where it should be. Oddly enough, when I was in the raid, it seemed to be where it was suppose to be.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI in WoW 2.1 (observations so far)