08-12-07, 10:48 AM   #1
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking to replace MetamapQST

Im looking for a small addon that i can use to replace MetamapQST, But more specificly the Tooltip aspect of it.

Recently i have changed to a different map addon Metamap -> Cartograph since it is ACE2 and it doesnt screw up when your looking at instance maps (Lately metamap keeps switching back to the map that your currently located, and it sometimes will not show the instance maps just the notes. But when i got rid of metamap i lost the tooltip part of the addon also, that part make life so much easyer just a quick mouse-over to see what mobs you have to kill or what items belong to what quests... Anywho if anyone knows of such an addon or would be willing to make one that would be AWSOME thanks...

08-12-07, 10:53 AM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

QuestFu does that!

08-12-07, 10:59 AM   #3
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

MetamapQST Replacment

Thanks! Only problem is im using Titan Panel... I've been looking for a good reason to switch to Fubar the only thing is that i really like the Titan Panel look, i just havent been able to find a skin for Fubar that looks like Titan Panel. Unless there is by chance a standalone version of the addon i was looking for.

08-12-07, 11:00 AM   #4
robthedude
Don't Panic

Most FuBar plugins will work stand-alone, they'll just attach themselves to the minimap instead, QuestFu should do this.

But dude! just get fubar! and have a look around, I'm sure there was a titan skin for it

08-12-07, 12:29 PM   #5
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

After testing out the QuestFU addon its not what im looking for, it wont add the test to the regular tooltip on a mouse over, any developers up for the task of creating one?

08-12-07, 02:06 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

FuTextures has a titan skin in it.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-12-07, 03:59 PM   #7
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

QuestFu always did that for me, so maybe you missed an option somewhere in it (dunno what you mean by "regular tooltip" though...an unmodified one (i.e. TipBuddy/CowTip)? that shouldn't make any difference).

Nonetheless, I've switched over to nQuestLog for a number of other reasons and it also adds the info to your tooltip.

and btw, Fubar >>>> Titan. like Dread said, just get FuTextures if it's just about the look of it...
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
08-12-07, 07:41 PM   #8
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Found

Alright! I found one Quest Tooltip ... Thanks for everyone's help though

08-12-07, 08:57 PM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AHH! CURSE GAMING! It burns!..

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking to replace MetamapQST