11-20-07, 01:57 AM   #1
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

Help for ALL of your mazzle needs!

First of all i would just like to make it clear that i have had EVERY problem with my Mazzle but after many hours of trial and error i managed to overcome them all, from DUF probs, 3d frames, pet bars, HUD probs, context menu, $ut........the list goes on.

Well i managed to do it, i have a perfect UI now. and i will share my secrets with you for the tiny price of US$19.95............JK! im not a gold grubbing asian scammer (that was not purposefully a racial slur. it just popped out)

no you can have my secrets for free because i am from New Zealand.

ok here is what you do:

Download the three files (Detard-MazzleUI-2.3-Fix-4, MazzleUI_1.11_Core, Detard-WoW2.3-AddOnPack-MazzleUI-3.5 and the BC Spells! fix if you need it)

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7833.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-MazzleUI.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7835.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7620.html

Then rename your current Interface folder in your wow directory to Interface Old. Also Rename your WTF folder to WTF Old, i know you dont want to but it has to be done, its like removing a splinter (i think?)

Log on to wow before doing ANTYTHING with the downloaded files, change your video settings to how ever you need them for your screen size. I always look at my Minimap to see if i have the settings right (if its oval or sort of turd shaped then u might have a problem), then /reloadui then log off wow (dont "exit now") and now you can get on to extracting the downloaded files.

THEN EXTRACT (DO NOT COPY THEM!) the MazzleUI_1.11_Core directly into your WOW folder (not your interface folder) Then extract the Detard-WoW2.3-AddOnPack-MazzleUI-3.5 file into your WOW folder (click replace all when it asks you) (once again not into the Interface folder) And finally Extract Detard-MazzleUI-2.3-Fix-4 into your WOW folder (click replace all).remember to click "yes replace all" every time it asks you while extracting1

Then log on to wow and mazzify. Mazzifier will select the correct aspect ratio for you btw. after mazzifieing u might want to go into you WTF Old folder and get the settings for certain addons like Cartographer and Clique and itemrack and Bongos and copying them over to your new WTF folder (thanks Vaalcan)

That is exactly how i did it, hopefully it works for you too.

now i know what you are all thinking "ive done this, ive done that....BUT MY UI STILL ATTEMPTS TO KILL MY PETS AND THEN CAUSES MY HOUSE TO IMPLODE!!!!!111" but trust me you havent done it quite like i said or you wouldnt be reading this.

I thought i had done all of these things too but after doing it all again i found that i had my video settings slightly wrong and also had put the TinyTip Lib in seperately which is no longer required.

Good Luck

Last edited by sorcerous : 11-20-07 at 06:06 PM.
11-20-07, 07:21 AM   #2
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by sorcerous

Then delete your current Interface folder in your wow directory. Also delete your WTF folder, i know you dont want to but it has to be done, its like removing a splinter (i think?)
Good post and I agree with almost all except personally I have found that you don't really have to delete the folders (I've installed this 3 times so far now and never done that) just rename them to WTF_old and Interface_Old and WoW will just totally ignore them. This way if it all goes wooly mitts up then with a click of your mouse and a quick rename you have a working WoW back. If you really want to, you could move the old WTF Interface folders out onto your desktop and save them in another folder called "Old WoW folders" or some such.

This just saves any catastrophic disasters happening ensuring you have a playable WoW at a minutes notice.
11-20-07, 11:08 AM   #3
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vaalcan
Good post and I agree with almost all except personally I have found that you don't really have to delete the folders (I've installed this 3 times so far now and never done that) just rename them to WTF_old and Interface_Old and WoW will just totally ignore them. This way if it all goes wooly mitts up then with a click of your mouse and a quick rename you have a working WoW back. If you really want to, you could move the old WTF Interface folders out onto your desktop and save them in another folder called "Old WoW folders" or some such.

This just saves any catastrophic disasters happening ensuring you have a playable WoW at a minutes notice.
This is especailly worth noting since there will always be some files you'll want to go back and get (i.e. itemrack/clique settings, macro/chat cache files, etc).
11-20-07, 02:49 PM   #4
Xerik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This method worked and beautifully. My problem i couldn't ever figure out and never would have was that i was using mazzle core 1.1 with the 1.11 fix then the other updates. But this method with the download worked wonders not even having to do anything else... Would def have this as a note for the main page or made as a main source of download for others to work off of.
11-20-07, 04:14 PM   #5
Nandy
A Theradrim Guardian
I really shouldn't complain as I got almost everything fixed very easily with much work. But the one thing I just couldn't fix was my buff timers. The text for them is really small. I looked in all of the "fix" threads and they have really done the same things I did yet the problem is still there for me.

There is a picture, you can see that my mark of the wild buff is there but the timer for it so tiny. Nothing big of course, but annoying! I thought it was a Duf thing, but I just couldnt fine anything about buff duration.

Any thoughts? Didnt figure this needed a new thread ;o.
11-20-07, 05:52 PM   #6
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

yea i too find the buff text FAR too tiny to read. (even for my young only slightly alcoholically *spelling?* impaired sight )
11-20-07, 05:54 PM   #7
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Vaalcan

Thanks for that i didnt even think of putting that in. ill include it in the main post
11-20-07, 05:55 PM   #8
Fugainai
An Aku'mai Servant

The buff timers are set through Discord Unit Frames. Type /duf to bring up the menu. The 'Self' tab at the top of the menu should already be selected. On the right hand side, click on Buff Frame. Now click on the 'Special' tab in the main frame. Down at the bottom, you have a slider bar and input box for Duration Font Height. Slide or enter in the value you want (remember to hit 'Enter') and there you go! Click on the Debuff Frame option on the right hand side and adjust your debuff duration size (the 'Special' tab stays selected).

I use a value of '8' for the buff/debuff durations. Its big enough to read but doesn't stretch out beyond the edges of the buff icon.
11-20-07, 05:59 PM   #9
Nandy
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Fugainai
The buff timers are set through Discord Unit Frames. Type /duf to bring up the menu. The 'Self' tab at the top of the menu should already be selected. On the right hand side, click on Buff Frame. Now click on the 'Special' tab in the main frame. Down at the bottom, you have a slider bar and input box for Duration Font Height. Slide or enter in the value you want (remember to hit 'Enter') and there you go! Click on the Debuff Frame option on the right hand side and adjust your debuff duration size (the 'Special' tab stays selected).

I use a value of '8' for the buff/debuff durations. Its big enough to read but doesn't stretch out beyond the edges of the buff icon.
Awesome thanks man, I figured it was Duf but i just couldnt find the place for the buffs.
11-22-07, 09:42 AM   #10
Pharadoxical
A Defias Bandit
I could potentially love you. Thank you. This fixed my problem.
11-23-07, 04:26 AM   #11
Reshnar
A Murloc Raider
Can this be stickied?
11-24-07, 06:03 PM   #12
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

I have seen a few people asking questions that really need to be answered with this thread.

Sooooo:

BUMPITY BUMP!
11-24-07, 09:53 PM   #13
Phustus
A Murloc Raider

sorcerous i just got the UI and chose the paladin setup for my new paladin character. it looks good and everything but when i got my devotion aura the icon to turn devo aura on and off is right at my character's feet. can you tell me how to move the icon / icon bar to the bottom right of my screen, it's really annoying in the place it is right now.

edit: that solved itself, i have more questions though.. if you know how to set my holy light up so when i use it it automatically targets / heals me i need to know. also.. i just died and my character portrait is all twitchy switching from different aspects of my death stance (lying on the ground) repeatedly. another thing i noticed a white mic type icon on my portait and just above my enemy's portaits, usually covering their level. is there any way to get rid of them?

Last edited by Phustus : 11-25-07 at 01:59 AM.
11-25-07, 07:41 PM   #14
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

hi there

now to fix the little voice chat icon (the white speaker) i suggest you go to this thread

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13727

and as far as your holy light idea i would suggest using Clique (spelling?) which can be found in your spellbook, it has a tab of its own underneath your normal tabs. i dont use Clique myself (mage) but as far as i can tell from its entry in MazzleOptions i believe that you set it up so that wen you left click on a portrait (you or your party members) it will cast one spell, Holy Light for example. and when you right click a portrait it will bubble and when you ctrl+right click it will cast whatever. so basically you can set different spells to different buttons and modifiers. Like i said i dont use clique so you will just have to try figure that one out for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Sorcerous
11-25-07, 09:00 PM   #15
Phustus
A Murloc Raider

thanks for the help on that. also is there a way to edit positions of certain skills? my seal of righteousness is at shift + 1 but eventually i'll want my seal of light there, is there a way to do this even while using the premade paladin layout?

another thing, how do you get that 4x4 box with the hearthstone and professions to pop back up? i think the default was mouse-wheel but that makes me run or something now.

yet another thing, more of a specific addon question.. do you know how to remap the smartbuff key? i don't like the current mousescroll.

Last edited by Phustus : 11-25-07 at 10:05 PM.
11-26-07, 01:16 AM   #16
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

To change your clique settings simply go into the clique tab in your spellbook, click on the spell you want to change, click edit and change it to whatever key you want.

To change smartbuff settings, first go into Smartbuff options by clicking on the little button next to the MazzleOptions button. then untick the two boxes "mousewheel up" and "mousewheel down". Now press escape and bring up the blizz ingame menu, click key bindings, then select miscellaneous and then scroll down, find the smartbuff tab and set the trigger key that you want.

To open the context menu (little four x four with hearthstone etc) you click on the hotspot which is just to the left and up from the thing (status window) which tells you the time, your fps, latency, and something else i cant think of right now. to switch through the pages of the context menu, simply mouse over it and scroll.

Hope this helps.

Sorcerous
11-26-07, 08:13 PM   #17
Phustus
A Murloc Raider

thanks. with the clique thing though, i figured out that i can set a hotkey for a spell and that i click that hotkey on my character frame, but that seems less efficient than simply clicking a key like 'y' and having the game target my character and cast holy light. do you know of a way to do this?
11-27-07, 12:20 AM   #18
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

just use the bongos key bindings to do this. type /bongos then click the key bindings tab, mouseover the spell in the action bar and press the key you want it to be. simple as that.

Hope this helps.

Sorcerous
11-27-07, 12:38 AM   #19
dirtydozen12
A Fallenroot Satyr
ive searched this forum and after numerous attempts to fix my problem i still have come up with nothing. My blizzard quest log is half way off my screen in the top left corner. Ive tried everything that i could find on here and nothing has worked. Any sugestions? Post anything you might think will work and ill try again.
11-27-07, 01:25 AM   #20
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

/mf reset should do the trick, if not go to

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13751

Hope this helps.

Sorcerous

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help for ALL of your mazzle needs!