10-14-08, 05:35 PM   #41
Nezrite
A Defias Bandit
*hands Yhor a glass of ice water and Mazzle an Excedrin*

I'm patiently waiting for things to work themselves out, as they inevitably do. I've donated in the past to mod devs and would gladly do so again when I get a job. I can't express how grateful I am to all the people who put in this kind of work and wish I'd learned to code. I can cook...anyone want a popover instead?
10-14-08, 06:08 PM   #42
Elechan
A Fallenroot Satyr
so.. how goes any updating of the UI? :P
10-14-08, 06:39 PM   #43
bootsanator
A Murloc Raider
I have never donated to a mod developer before, but if I were going to donate to anyone It would be to people working on this project. MazzleUI is the only thing that keeps me sane :-P

Pretty much once you start using it you can't stop, b/c there are so many awesome little toys and conveniences that are excellent.

Also, a comment i made on the most recent addon pack I'll copy to here, some suggestions
And, any and all of you who have ever worked on the mazzleUI, you're included in my praise statements
-------------------------
Hey docevl, couple of things. First of all, you rock. I've become WAY too dependant on Mazzle, and I like being able to count on it being here

Second, I'd just like to put in a couple of requests for future versions, and if this's something that needs to be worked into the core, well, i'm sure you know how to make that happen

WIM
SOO much better than cramming tells into the little prat window. Also has options like add/ignore/invite/who on the side, AND, it integrates in with the /whisper function on the target frame (click the whisper button and a WIM window pops up, ready to go!)
Outfitter
Maybe some people like ItemRack, but I hate it with all my being, simply because Outfitter is so much better. Maybe an option to do one or the other, similar to recount/recap/whatever? or omen/ktm? Outfitter has a little side-rack just like Itemrack does (possibly inspired by itemrack, i don't know), so the same functionality would be there, except way easier to setup and use IMO.
Proximo
I saw that some sort of ArenaUnitFrames or something came up......whatever. Proximo rocks. Maybe throw it in there as an alternate.
HealBot
(or grid/clique for those other people...personally i think a customized healbot is just as good, but to each his own)
Heal mod = good. /cheer
PallyPower
I'm not a paladin, so I could care less, and if you're not a raider, you probably don't need this anyway, BUT, I know it's one of the few required mods for our guild if you're a pally, so maybe throw it in for the "mods that help out your class" section, possibly only if they also check "yes i raid"...or leave it out, i don't care as much about this one, i'm a priest :P

That's about all I can think of, you already have dozens of mods that I don't even know about that I'm sure I'm completely dependant on, so I figured, why not a few more to add into the mix

I noticed last month when i got the most recent version that a lot of new skins had been put in and the options had been updated, dunno if that was you or mazzlefizz, but kudos to both of ya.

Keep up the great work!

Boots
------------------

Thanks guys! Oh, and don't scam me, but if I can help out with a few bucks or something, let me know :P
10-14-08, 07:43 PM   #44
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No Mazzify!!

I don't have any way to mazzify. It's gone. Everything is in the folders and all, but when I launch WoW it's not there. It's not on the FuBar and I can't open it with /mazzify

Can anyone help me?
10-14-08, 08:10 PM   #45
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by cowboyathome View Post
I don't have any way to mazzify. It's gone. Everything is in the folders and all, but when I launch WoW it's not there. It's not on the FuBar and I can't open it with /mazzify

Can anyone help me?
This honestly shouldn't be unexpected. 3.0.2 was a major patch on Blizzard's end rewriting a good deal of things. To my (limited) knowledge at least the way drop down menus, references to objects and the Load On Demand methodology all changed. From my limited inspection, I know that the Mazzifier relies on all of these things. Additionally, MazzleUI is also relying on some addons that while wonderful in their day have largely been not as faithfully updated and have generally been overcome by events. The rest of the addon world has moved on and since we've not had a more extensive re-write of MazzleUI, it's going to be a while. If the past is any indication, this will (hopefully) get resolved by someone a lot more talented at coding than I am.

In the meantime, you're probably stuck doing what the rest of us Mazzle diehards are doing--Cobbling something together from bits and pieces which vaguely reminds you of Mazzle and limping along until some fixes are discovered.

All that said, I'd be more than willing to put my "beta tester" hat back on for the smart person who can get at least some of this working.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
10-14-08, 09:20 PM   #46
dizzy49
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Pretty much once you start using it you can't stop, b/c there are so many awesome little toys and conveniences that are excellent.
This is so true! There have been a few patches where it took Mazzle a couple weeks before it worked right. I actually refused to play without a working Mazzle!

Additionally, MazzleUI is also relying on some addons that while wonderful in their day have largely been not as faithfully updated and have generally been overcome by events. The rest of the addon world has moved on and since we've not had a more extensive re-write of MazzleUI, it's going to be a while.
Exactly, which is why I'm willing to put forth a big donation to encourage someone (or several someones) to take on the challenge of 'updating' Mazzle

I absolutely love the configuration ability of Mazzle! I love that I can chose diff Raiding, Bag, Castbar, etc options! It can be used for each and every class available and has class specific things built in! It's great how there are even bar setups for the classes (even if you don't agree, it gives you a good place to start).

10-14-08, 09:37 PM   #47
Flamer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy Im going crazy

All I can say is Im lost without my Mazzle HELP
10-14-08, 09:58 PM   #48
Ratselblitz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Unhappy Still Leaderless

So who the hell is organizing the effort to fix the Mazzle UI? Seriously?

Who is working on the fix? There are 4-5 people in this thread asking to help. Who do they contact if they want to help?

Clearly - it is NOT Mazzle who does not care to setup any kind of a plan or organize a group to keep this compilation functional.

Mazzle? It appears you're just sitting around enjoying everyone else's frustration.
10-14-08, 09:58 PM   #49
ghostdance76
A Defias Bandit
yeah im not liking this without my mazzle new spells and talents and my UI is so fuggered i can barely move... course its also the first patch day and its laggy and unstable anyways.
10-14-08, 11:26 PM   #50
tikitorchxd
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Ode To Mazzle UI

I have been a Mazzle UI fan and addict since.. well many years.. and for the past month I've been dreading the day that i would be forced to install patch 3.0. I remember the struggle of updating Mazzle for burning crusade and how long it took, and how frustrating it was for all Mazzle users. As many of us i have always used this incredible UI and as all of us i have lost it many times and again to the major and sometimes minor patches to this game. Now this day has come and Mazzle has been taken from all of us. It may be the casual UI users who will try to find a replacement and come to realize that nothing will even come close to the ridiculously epic Mazzle UI, or the coders who are frantically pounding their keyboards trying to find the solution to fix their beloved UI, or fans like myself with no coding experience staring at our monitors reading forums and searching the net for solutions and possible beta updates, or blindly clicking through our addon directory trying to find a non-existing solution. The fact of the matter is that Mazzle UI is the best and everyone who uses it is counting on Mazzle, the one who knows the code, to fix this problem, find a solution, and update it. In the mean time, it is my understanding that many coders are stepping up to help create a beta version, but i fear that the UI we know and love will be down and out for a while. I for one have no means of donating and have no coding experience. I am cursed to watch my monitor helpless. Meanwhile i refuse to play WoW without the comfort of a working Mazzle UI.

Thank you Mazzle for this incredible UI and the past updates, and to all the coders trying to find a solution, good luck.
10-14-08, 11:30 PM   #51
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Ratselblitz View Post
So who the hell is organizing the effort to fix the Mazzle UI? Seriously?

Who is working on the fix? There are 4-5 people in this thread asking to help. Who do they contact if they want to help?

Clearly - it is NOT Mazzle who does not care to setup any kind of a plan or organize a group to keep this compilation functional.

Mazzle? It appears you're just sitting around enjoying everyone else's frustration.
Quiet you. Mazzle doesn't even play the game anymore. Even if he did that attitude is quite annoying. No one owes you anything.

10-15-08, 12:10 AM   #52
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post

Good luck Mazzle, you really made a great ui. It's too bad that eventually most people will see through the tactics you use to keep feeding off this project while you are off in WAR or AoC or whatever the flavor of the week MMO is at the time.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
lol, feeding off this project? I would be dead of starvation if that were the case. You grossly overestimate how much authors make off donations. I know it's easy to imagine profits pouring in given how many people play MMOs, but that's not the case. I've probably been one of the more fortunate among them, but that was only during some key periods in the development. I've got almost nothing since quitting WoW. When I considered making a MazzleUI site, I got some comments from other authors on how much they've gotten in donations. Let's just say that most authors, some of whom had good stuff out for years, would be lucky to buy a good gaming mouse with the proceeds from their work. I suspect the only folks making any decent money of add-ons are those running ad-driven sites. All the rest of us could continue to take donations for years and be lucky if it ever translate to 10 cents/hour. Your donations and accusations are, quite frankly, absurd and misinformed.
Mazzle,
It's quite easy to see how some people would feel the way Yhor feels.. a lot of people do, myself included. Just most of us do not say so because normally any poopoo threads get locked by you. You also have claimed that you get no donations anymore. Perhaps that is the case, perhaps not. No one knows but you. All we do know is that you're not playing the game and you're not updating your addon, but yet you still link the Paypal donate button. To me that's just wrong. Why keep the Paypal donate button up for a broken addon that will more than likely never have continuous updates by you?
10-15-08, 01:47 AM   #53
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Well I know that I am working on mine but until a lot of the other mods are working it will be very difficult to resolve the issues with just the core code.

My biggest concern is bongos as no version of bongos is being supported anymore so a new bar addon will have to be integrated in to mazzle.

Also until DUF (Discord Unit Frames) is updated all of the party frames and character frame is dependent on it. This will require the mazzify code for DUF to be updated as the version of DUF that is included in the mazzle core is very old.

This release is going to take some patience from everyone until the Bongos and DUF issues are resolved.

And of course the Death Knight class will have to be added to the core mazzle code.

Last edited by Brillynt : 10-15-08 at 01:52 AM.
10-15-08, 05:32 AM   #54
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My biggest concern is getting the Mazzlefier to work again.
10-15-08, 08:31 AM   #55
bootsanator
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Brillynt View Post
My biggest concern is bongos as no version of bongos is being supported anymore so a new bar addon will have to be integrated in to mazzle.
The new version of Bongos is called Dominos. It's pretty much the same, but they removed a lot of the bloat. I don't know if that bloat was key in setting up the mazzleUI or not, but, that's where that is.
10-15-08, 10:08 AM   #56
erogroth
A Cyclonian
Now I am not much of a coder though I am trying to learn LUA right now so that I can help down the line a bit. However I do what to help get the effort organized. From what I have read from Mazzle in the past he doesn't mind people updating his work as long as credit is given to him. Is that correct Mazzle? This being the case I am going to start a thread called "MazzleUI 3.0/WOTLK Devs Only". The point of this thread will be for those working on the updates for Mazzle can coordinate and organize their work. I ask that only coders post there. We can start a separate thread for beta testers. So for those interested in coding please post there. I will do my best to help organize tasks. Let get Mazzle fixed. Also Mazzle, any input you are able and willing to give would be of great help. Thanks everyone.
10-15-08, 01:53 PM   #57
dmcphillips1
A Kobold Labourer
hello,
i myself came across mazzle about 3yrs ago and can say that i live and die by it. (hands down the best ui i have found). i would like to thank mazzle for all the work you have done in the past and docyl for the help on the 2.4 patch. i have brought many of my friends and guildmates to mazzle and hope that we can continue to use it. let me know if there is anything i can do to help out in the efforts. i am willing to be part of any and everything i can to get this ui up and running. i have tried to make my own ui using various addons and always come up short so, to that end my advice to those like myself who just have to wait till things get sorted out.. just wait lol that is all we can do, and be thankful of all the developers who are trying to sort out the patch!
10-15-08, 02:06 PM   #58
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by bootsanator View Post
The new version of Bongos is called Dominos. It's pretty much the same, but they removed a lot of the bloat. I don't know if that bloat was key in setting up the mazzleUI or not, but, that's where that is.
It's quite a bit different internally. Bongos in Mazzle allowed a piecemeal setup of bars while Dominos is tied to the blizzard action bars. Not only are the calls different the setup methodology is different. And the fractionary bars that Mazzle defaults to (which I never used, personally, I was using Bongos long before I touched Mazzle) would just waste a lot of buttons.

From the user-end, it's quite similar even in it's differences, but the back end product is quite different from the modified Bongos Mazzle was using.
10-15-08, 02:12 PM   #59
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by bootsanator View Post
It's quite a bit different internally. Bongos in Mazzle allowed a piecemeal setup of bars while Dominos is tied to the blizzard action bars. Not only are the calls different the setup methodology is different. And the fractionary bars that Mazzle defaults to (which I never used, personally, I was using Bongos long before I touched Mazzle) would just waste a lot of buttons.

From the user-end, it's quite similar even in it's differences, but the back end product is quite different from the modified Bongos Mazzle was using.
10-15-08, 05:08 PM   #60
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
mazzlefizz i beg you please o god please help get mazzleui working for latest patch, i understand if you havent got great donations or what not in the past and i know you dont play wow and all the history, but im asking and begging for the fans please try help out if you have any spare time

dont let such an amazing ui go down the drain, yes other ppl are trying to work on it as we know but you are the creator you are the brains behind it all and you and only you can make it flawless for this new patch

if mazzle cant be fixed as ive said in previous patch's i will be deleting wow as i cannot play wow without mazzle

ive already missed out today on all the nice new goodies we get in wow due to the fact that soon as i log into wow on default ui it makes me sick

remember mazzle if you did turn around and say look i will update mazzleui to work 100% with latest patch and will also tweak it to work when wotlk comes out i will be charging 5/10 dollars whatever

of course you will have some people complain other's calling you an ******* etc etc

but you will have the true *fans* of this ui willing to pay without question

even make a poll thread or something but dont just sit back and let it drift away to be just dust in the wind

/rant over, please think about what ive said and dont just type a instant response

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 3.0/WoTLK Changes